Pain In The Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain In The Back

So on the weekend, I decide to spread the remaining snow we have all over the yard and the driveway to promote an even melt......in fact, for Winnipeg, this is an incredibly nice winter and early spring, and most of our snow is gonzo. Anyway, this practice of thinning out the snow is enjoyable...except that I twisted something in my lower back when I picked up a wet bunch of snow, forgetting the basic rules of lifting. It is probably a muscle tweak, and is not too painful, but it baffles me how I could do it, given that I shovel snow (and other things as you probably know by now) quite often, and have lifted much heavier/wetter snow before.

Sooooooo....time to heal. Time to stretch a little. Time to do the ice/heat treatment. In that regard, I took out the trusty heating pad, and placed it on my lower back. I lay on the bed watching tv as I let the pad do its thing. For some reason it seemed quite hot. Meanwhile I was starting to slip into a snooze. I kept my brain alert enough to turn down the pad, and then drifted asleep for a bit. When I awoke, I felt a strange sensation. My lower back was very hot, and when I got to a mirror I saw that I had actually burned myself a bit. What the heck!!! This pad never came close to hurting me before.

The good news.......I forgot the pain in my back, because it was replaced by another pain in the back, coming from a dude who has the qualities to be known as a pain in the back.

Both accidents are healing, but the bad news is that now I do have two distinct pains instead of one........each pain has a unique feeling, and both have decided to gang up on me for a couple more days. They are a good team...

I am a dumb a__.
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-16-2010, 05:45 PM.

Backs can be a pain for sure, hope you are healed soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
      Backs can be a pain for sure, hope you are healed soon.
      I think I'm the real pain......I mean, who does something like that????

But thanks loads!

Comment

Pain In The Back

Is of a sign of old age or hard work or a mix of both either way the prognosis is deal with it... :salute!:
        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
          Is of a sign of old age or hard work or a mix of both either way the prognosis is deal with it... :salute!:
          Gee LD....you sure are being tough on an old, bewildered dude....

At least lend me some lotion to ease the burn for heaven sake!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LarryDean View Post

I have always had back pain... Idk why... I just don't feel stable lol...

I was told that it was due to lack of muscle in the back, so i focused on training my back to get through it but its the same ole same ole....

im just cursed.

i feel for ya, can!

Good luck.

Comment

Time to see ...

... the chiropractor and the massage therapist (not to be confused with the rapist).
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I haven't shoveled snow since I got married.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Gee LD....you sure are being tough on an old, bewildered dude....

At least lend me some lotion to ease the burn for heaven sake!!!

ummmmm.....

you want LD to "lend you some lotion" on yout back...

i dont think you want "LD's lotion" but hey thats just me...
                  sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

Originally posted by saltybuggah View Post
                    ummmmm.....

you want LD to "lend you some lotion" on yout back...

i dont think you want "LD's lotion" but hey thats just me...
                    I didn't say VD's lotion.......

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                      I haven't shoveled snow since I got married.
                      still married??????

.........or did you move to a warmer place????

Comment

Working...
                      X