Windows 7 shortcut help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 shortcut help..

For some reason, all my files now have this little icon on all my music and movie files, and it bugs me, I have had this issue with XP, VIsta, and now 7, why does this happen? I Understand I can download some tweak but is there a way to do this w/o getting rid of these? I am including a screen shot here if it helps..

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...g?t=1270047143

If that doesnt work let me know, ty

Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
    For some reason, all my files now have this little icon on all my music and movie files, and it bugs me, I have had this issue with XP, VIsta, and now 7, why does this happen? I Understand I can download some tweak but is there a way to do this w/o getting rid of these? I am including a screen shot here if it helps..

It looks like those icons of music files? And those icons have that picture because it seems (from what I can see) that, that default program is set for that file type.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
      It looks like those icons of music files? And those icons have that picture because it seems (from what I can see) that, that default program is set for that file type.
      That's the only thing I can think of, unless he doesn't have a default program for playing those files, but they are still recognized as music files.

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like he's using winamp so there goes my theory.
      Last edited by Frenchy180; 03-31-2010, 09:13 PM.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Whatever program you are using as your default for music files sets the icons for the music files. You can change the icon by going into the programs settings probably.

Try right clicking on the files that don't have the winamp logo and change the "opens with" to winamp if it isn't already.

Comment

Not sure what all that means? I have it with word docs on my desktop and video files as well, soooooo....any ideas?

Comment

Not sure what all that means? I have it with word docs on my desktop and video files as well, soooooo....any ideas?
            Just right click one of the files you want, and select properties.

Under properties, look to see "opens with"

You can browse which program you want that file to open with by clicking "change". Once you change that specific file (if it's a .mp3 or whatever), the rest of those files of the same type will also change.

My .mp3's are played with itunes. If your music files are played with a specific player, choose that.

Comment

From your snappy it looks like you have winamp on a few of the files and something else on the others. So that means some of them are mp3's and some are another format, like wma.

So if you go into winamp and specify it to open mp3s and wmas and the other files as default player it should work too, or you can follow the 2 posts prior to this one.

Comment

I guess I put myself out there wrong, I know how to change the default program, but if u look on the screenshot, there is a tiny blue arrow in the bottom corner of every file! That is what is bugging me, not what and how to open it

Does that make more sense

Comment

A little blue arrow in the corner generally means it's a shortcut, doesn't it?

I'm not on my computer with Windows 7, so I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                    A little blue arrow in the corner generally means it's a shortcut, doesn't it?

I'm not on my computer with Windows 7, so I'm not sure.
                    U could be right but it happened two days ago and I've had this box for a while now, why does this happen? It happened to me with XP and VIsta with my files

Comment

U could be right but it happened two days ago and I've had this box for a while now, why does this happen? It happened to me with XP and VIsta with my files
                      I cant see your screenshot clearly but it looks like a white arrow in a blue box.
                      Perhaps you or someone else using your pc accidentally created shortcuts for those files. Right click on the file and select properties. If it opens to the Shortcut Tab then its a shortcut. Click on the "open file location" button to see where the real files are stored

Comment

that means it's a shortcut highlight and right click select delete,it's a shortcut your original file is still where you stored it the first time.
                        I really like Cheese.

Comment

right click on one of the files and see if it says that its a shortcut

if it is, then that is what is causing it.

It will also tell you where the actual file is, you can just go to that and drag that file into the folder u want it in.

Comment

It's not working, I think this is different with Win7, it bugging me like all hell, anything that I double click on suddenly has this dumb little icon in the corner of the bigger icon and its never ending

Comment

It's not working, I think this is different with Win7, it bugging me like all hell, anything that I double click on suddenly has this dumb little icon in the corner of the bigger icon and its never ending
                              are you using a laptop?

Comment

Working...
                              X