Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April; Child Abuse Prevention Awareness Month

Hi all!!! :wave:

As many of you know, child abuse prevention is a subject I hold near and dear to my heart. April is Abuse Prevention Awareness month and I'm putting my blue ribbon on in my avi for the entire month. I invite anyone who can or wants to to do the same.

My goal has become to effect the life of as many children as I can. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

- Eric
    Last edited by ebsoria; 03-31-2010, 03:44 PM.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

I would like to join :salute!:

This is a very good cause and you are a very good man for dedicating yourself to it!

Comment

Originally posted by TRUEBRONCOFAN24 View Post
      I would like to join :salute!:

This is a very good cause and you are a very good man for dedicating yourself to it!
      Thank you.

You look great in blue.

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
        Thank you.

You look great in blue.
        Thank you sir you don't look so bad yourself in blue!

unfortunately I need to wait until tomorrow to CP you

Comment

I'm not knocking any cause by any means (and child abuse is one of those things that really get me boiling more than just about anything else), but I've always been curious,

How does putting a color/ribbon on an avi, car, arm, wherever further a cause? Specifically, how does it help that cause?

I've never really understood the ribbons, so I'm just asking. Again, not knocking or attacking, just ignorant.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
            How does putting a color/ribbon on an avi, car, arm, wherever further a cause? Specifically, how does it help that cause?

I've never really understood the ribbons, so I'm just asking. Again, not knocking or attacking, just ignorant.
            From my opinion, a showing of a blue ribbon (or pink ribbon for breast awareness) is just a sign of support for that cause. It may not help the underlying issue, but it shows awareness.

I still wear my yellow LIVESTRONG wristband on my right wrist, every single day of my life. I paid $1 for it that went to cancer research, and have worn it for multiple years now without taking it off (no, it doesn't get dirty... it gets nice and clean every shower).

My wristband, like the ribbons, are just a show of support and awareness.

Comment

But what does support and awareness do to further a cause?

That $1 you spent, now to me that makes sense. $ can definately go a long ways to finding a cure for cancer.

What is it that I'm missing?

Comment

The ribbons are sold just like my LIVESTRONG, and people wear them to show support and awareness.

Support and awareness will help gain attention toward whatever issue that needs help.

Seeing someone wear a blue ribbon could make somebody else say "Oh that's right, it's child abuse prevention awareness month... I think it may be time for me to help the cause and donate towards an organization supporting this."

People also will wear the pink/blue ribbons to show that they have supported in some way towards that cause, or they are the ones who have lived thru that issue.

Comment

Peerless hit the nail on the head :salute!: Well said man, I couldn't have said it any better.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                    From my opinion, a showing of a blue ribbon (or pink ribbon for breast awareness) is just a sign of support for that cause. It may not help the underlying issue, but it shows awareness.

I still wear my yellow LIVESTRONG wristband on my right wrist, every single day of my life. I paid $1 for it that went to cancer research, and have worn it for multiple years now without taking it off (no, it doesn't get dirty... it gets nice and clean every shower).

My wristband, like the ribbons, are just a show of support and awareness.
                    P, that's breast *cancer* awareness. We all know that you guys are very aware of breasts.

Sorry. Thought it was funny.
                    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

LOL hahaha.

Comment

Personally I think ALL child abusers should be hung.

I would love to add the ribbon to my Avatar if some one could help me.
                        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                        sigpic

Comment

:salute!:

You bet!

:salute!:
                          Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                          FF is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                            I'm not knocking any cause by any means (and child abuse is one of those things that really get me boiling more than just about anything else), but I've always been curious,

Hey. No offense taken. Your question is a good one, let's look at it this way;

You're sitting at home watching tv and a commercial comes on for... let's say... the Shaker Weight!!! You watch it and think- "Wow!! That's perfect for me! I should use it and buy it!!!" And what do you do? You run to Wal-Mart, drop the $29.99, and VOILA! You just purchased a product that up until you saw the commercial you had no semblance of an idea that it even existed.

Putting a blue ribbon in your avi, or wearing Lance's yellow wristband, or just pimpin' a pink ribbon for breast cancer awareness shows your support, but might inspire someone to actually take a step instead of thinking about taking that step. But, back to my analogy.... it may make them ask- "Hey, what's that for?" For some, your answer may encourage them to make an active step towards helping out. If one person askes me, then my point is served, awareness is elevated, and I've added another small drop into the sea of protecting our children.

Hope that clears it up.

Comment

I wore my blue ribbon last month for Colorectal Cancer Awareness month.

I guess after Easter, I can put it back on for your cause too.

Comment

Working...
                              X