Have You Filed Your Taxes Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Filed Your Taxes Yet?

Well, here we are just 10 days away from the deadline and we haven't even begun. :brick:

Our tax lady retired last year, and we're kinda just fumbling around deciding who we should have do our taxes now.

I'm tired of paying people to tell me that I have to pay somebody else. :hammer:

It's rather frustrating but at least this year, we're thinking (hoping) that we will break even (fingers are crossed).

I'm tempted to try it on my own using TurboTax on line or something like that, but I'm afraid I'm going to miss something. For example, we had to install a new water heater last year so can that be used in deductions?

I just wish I could close my eyes and make it all go away.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

With the new health care reform bill, there's now a cheese tax.

UGHHHH

Comment

Done filed, received, and spent return

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post

--->

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
          Ditto......
          sigpic
          The Bronco fan pledge;
          I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
          I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
          I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
          I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
          Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

We just did ours a few days ago, in between computer crashes. We e-file. It's not that hard.

BM, unless you have a very complicated situation, you should be able to do it yourself. Keep accurate records, receipts, etc. At one point, we had two small businesses (great deductions there). Of course, I would leave the room when hubby was doing taxes. Sometimes, I would leave the house.

Do you have your paper work from last year? Can you use them as blueprints for this year?

Come on, BM. You can do it. I mean, it's not rocket science, you know?

Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
              We just did ours a few days ago, in between computer crashes. We e-file. It's not that hard.

BM, unless you have a very complicated situation, you should be able to do it yourself. Keep accurate records, receipts, etc. At one point, we had two small businesses (great deductions there). Of course, I would leave the room when hubby was doing taxes. Sometimes, I would leave the house.

Do you have your paper work from last year? Can you use them as blueprints for this year?

Come on, BM. You can do it. I mean, it's not rocket science, you know?

Rocket Science.

I just dug out last year's and I am going to attempt it on my own using that as a blueprint like you say.

I'm getting a headache just thinking about it.

sigpic

Comment

TurboTax makes it pretty easy, actually. I've used both TurboTax and TaxCut (H&R Block's software) to file for years now. They both do a very good job of prompting you to think of potential deductions like new water heaters. What I like about TurboTax (which I used this year) is that you can go all the way through and complete your taxes before paying to use the software. That means you can try it out and if you're not comfortable with the process you can back out before paying any $$. Give it a try, Joe. I think you'll be surprised at how easy it is.

I've completed my taxes this year but have not submitted them yet since I owe for the first time in as long as I can remember.
                Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                FF is awesome!

Comment

Nope... Didn't make enough money last year... I will this year for sure though

sigpic
                  Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                    Rocket Science.

I just dug out last year's and I am going to attempt it on my own using that as a blueprint like you say.

I'm getting a headache just thinking about it.
                    BM69..If I can do my own, Im sure you can do your own.. ..Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
                      BM69..If I can do my own, Im sure you can do your own.. ..Good Luck!

I just tried to CP you old friend but it sent away before I was done.

That was odd.

sigpic

Comment

i cant decide if i want to spend 350 of my 1000 on a new tv and use the rest on my credit card bill or if i want to put ALL 1000 towards the credit card

hmmm what to do, what to do
                        sigpic
                        -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                          i cant decide if i want to spend 350 of my 1000 on a new tv and use the rest on my credit card bill or if i want to put ALL 1000 towards the credit card

hmmm what to do, what to do
                          You could buy me a new Bronco jersey and then put the rest on your credit card. :thumb:

sigpic

Comment

My Dad did mine for me, I love having an accountant for a father!

The state of Colorado is sending me a whopping $11.
                            ...capture it...remember it...

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                              You could buy me a new Bronco jersey and then put the rest on your credit card. :thumb:
                              i hadnt thought of that possibility, im sure glad i posted before i decided on one of my lesser options
                              sigpic
                              -------

Comment

Working...
                              X