Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Really Like This Saying.......

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I Really Like This Saying.......

    I was reading about a local business person, who reflected about the things his father had passed along, as key to life. I like it, actually I like it a lot. And although I have a tendency to post some of these similar messages, I guess the surge of not so friendly posts (which happens now and again next door) makes me feel like one can't get enough of the good stuff.

    Anyway, the saying goes like this, "You can not be too generous in praise of others."

    It's so simple and so easy, yet many either do not follow it, or feel uncomfortable doing it. I try to use it whenever I can, when it is warranted to a reasonable degree, because few things touch the soul like warm words from another. It can change a moment, a day, or in some cases, a person's confidence and belief in themselves.

    Next time you get a chance to tell someone what they mean to you, or how special they are, or when they deserve a pat on the back for a job well done, freeze the opportunity in time, and make someone feel good about themselves. It can be contagious, and if everyone practiced it, I believe the world would be a much better place. Heck, it may even lead to a surprise or two, when someone opposed to your views (in GD) actually gives you credit for something you identified........

    ..........okay, maybe we should walk before we run.

  • #2
    You're great, Can. :thumb:


    So.. this cannibal is.....


    .... just kidding!!!! But, you are great. :hug:
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      You're great, Can. :thumb:


      So.. this cannibal is.....


      .... just kidding!!!! But, you are great. :hug:
      Thx to the #1 cannabal joker on the planet!! ("wow", eb says....."what praise he gives me!!!")

      I liked what the business guy was saying, that he didn't always think that way, because he initially thought people knew when they had done a good job, and that his previous legal training taught him to zero in on problem-solving because he believed his primary role was to be efficient.......he learned otherwise, in terms of the praise part.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Thx to the #1 cannabal joker on the planet!! ("wow", eb says....."what praise he gives me!!!")

        I liked what the business guy was saying, that he didn't always think that way, because he initially thought people knew when they had done a good job, and that his previous legal training taught him to zero in on problem-solving because he believed his primary role was to be efficient.......he learned otherwise, in terms of the praise part.
        Oh, I agree. Two things people like to hear; praise and their name. I try to make a point to thank my techs here all the time for what they do. Sadly... I ran into and incident yeaterday where one mistook my "kindness" for "weakness". He quickly discovered that I am not to be walked on.

        But, I'm a firm believer in making sure that they guys feel appreciated.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


        Comment


        • #5
          Another great thread Can!!

          I gotta say how true this really is. At my work, I get so down on myself when I feel like my hard work goes unnoticed by my managers. But when they DO notice it gives me reason to keep trying..even though my job is tedious and sucky! haha

          But, since I know how hard it is to keep positive where I work, I always try and encourage my coworkers. Just a simple good job really helps people!

          ...capture it...remember it...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
            Another great thread Can!!

            I gotta say how true this really is. At my work, I get so down on myself when I feel like my hard work goes unnoticed by my managers. But when they DO notice it gives me reason to keep trying..even though my job is tedious and sucky! haha

            But, since I know how hard it is to keep positive where I work, I always try and encourage my coworkers. Just a simple good job really helps people!

            And you're leading by example too. :thumb:
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
              And you're leading by example too. :thumb:
              I really try to! But my job is a sinkhole, no matter how hard you work it is really difficult to get promoted. I did get a 20 cent raise a couple months ago...not a whole lot but I was proud of myself.
              ...capture it...remember it...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
                Another great thread Can!!

                I gotta say how true this really is. At my work, I get so down on myself when I feel like my hard work goes unnoticed by my managers. But when they DO notice it gives me reason to keep trying..even though my job is tedious and sucky! haha

                But, since I know how hard it is to keep positive where I work, I always try and encourage my coworkers. Just a simple good job really helps people!

                I respect how you have taken the high road, and instead of dwelling on yourself, have used your classy style to encourage others. That takes a lot of inner strength....Good for you Snap! People like you get rewarded in due course.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I like it Can......And I like positive people like yourself. The world is a pretty good place when you see it through positive eyes and positive people. Your post reinforces that. Thanks.
                  So far:
                  FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                  1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X