X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    ^^ This ^^

I am exactly the same way about crowds.

Friday night, my wife and I had a spontaneous moment and headed down to Toadz a local bar for evening on the town.

We sat next to another couple and shared our thoughts about where we each work, where we live in town and shared our displeasure with the local weather lately.

There were two bands out of Vegas playing in our little town 175 miles away. They had never been to Cedar City and thanked the crowd for coming out to watch them.

When the gigs were over, we went up to the stage and talked with these young guys as they were breaking down their stage and putting their instruments in the van to head home.

It was so enjoyable to hear how they got their bands going and even gave them some constructive criticism which they actually thanked us for. They said nobody in Vegas takes the time to talk with them and get to know them like we did. A great bunch of guys.

As they were leaving, they thanked us for the hospitality, commented about how friendly everyone was to them and said they planned on coming back which they never would have considered if not for the warm welcome they received.

They said they look forward to our paths crossing again and hope we come out see them play next time around. We assured them that we would.

Just a small example of the thread topic.
    Sounds just like you Joe.....

Comment

Wow, I thought only stoners thought of this kinda stuff. I do the same. I'll be in an elevator and think about how those people's life journeys have most likely been very different from mine, but our lives have converged for those few moments.

Another (off topic) thought I get a lot is how you can look around, at all the amazing (and not so amazing) man made objects in this world...and think that every single one of them came from mother Earth. The hustle and bustle of the "big city" was created from materials on and under the ground. It's pretty amazing (and sad at times) how people can turn naturally occurring materials into these everyday items.
      My other love...
      sigpic
      305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by Chronic_Toker View Post
        Wow, I thought only stoners thought of this kinda stuff. I do the same. I'll be in an elevator and think about how those people's life journeys have most likely been very different from mine, but our lives have converged for those few moments.

Another (off topic) thought I get a lot is how you can look around, at all the amazing (and not so amazing) man made objects in this world...and think that every single one of them came from mother Earth. The hustle and bustle of the "big city" was created from materials on and under the ground. It's pretty amazing (and sad at times) how people can turn naturally occurring materials into these everyday items.
        Doesn't matter what you're smokin or not smokin......just the fact that you take the time to observe, question, be impressed, wonder, THINK....it's all good my friend.....

Comment

You never cease to amaze me Can. Very thought provoking indeed. You know I never take the time to think about other people that I might see out and about randomly in public. Or people I might meet at an event. Never think what their future may bring, or what their past has brought them. But maybe I should start, it seems I may be missing out on a little bit of what life has to offer. Thanx Can.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Sounds just like you Joe.....
            Thanks Dave. I do consider myself a pretty open and socializing person.

I forgot to mention that I was wearing my Eddie Royal jersey and one of the band members, the bass guitarist, is a Bronco fan and they pointed that out in the middle of their first set as we were sitting near the front.
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I see it is "bump" week in the ole forum.

I try not to bump my own, and if so, very infrequently. But of the threads I have posted, this is one that sits well with me.

If you have not seen it, hope it works for you.:thumb:

(and thanks for taking the time!)

Comment

I see it is "bump" week in the ole forum.

I try not to bump my own, and if so, very infrequently. But of the threads I have posted, this is one that sits well with me.

If you have not seen it, hope it works for you.:thumb:

(and thanks for taking the time!)
                No breach in etiquette whatsoever in bumping this...what a cool thread idea :thumb:. Thanks for bumping, I very much enjoyed reading through it.

I too have wondered what reasons have led others to share in my life for even the fleetest of moment. I think it helps exude empathy...instead of a total stranger sitting four tables over (or posting something on BCMB), it's someone with a story to tell.

And every once in a while...for whatever unexplained reasons...you WILL know some stranger passing by when you least expect it. Far away from home, from years long past...and it will blow your mind when it happens.
                To infinity...and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                  No breach in etiquette whatsoever in bumping this...what a cool thread idea :thumb:. Thanks for bumping, I very much enjoyed reading through it.

I too have wondered what reasons have led others to share in my life for even the fleetest of moment. I think it helps exude empathy...instead of a total stranger sitting four tables over (or posting something on BCMB), it's someone with a story to tell.

And every once in a while...for whatever unexplained reasons...you WILL know some stranger passing by when you least expect it. Far away from home, from years long past...and it will blow your mind when it happens.
                  I knew your contribution would be of solid value. I have to say, this topic can keep my mind occupied for a long time. Just passers by in so many ways, and yet, very likely linked as well.

I often think about all the great relationships I have formed in my life, from school days to sports to career. Often we end up being close to folks just because we ended up in the same office for example. Is it luck, or fate, or is it so many other things? Sometimes it works out to perfection, as we meet folks who will always be friends/partners. In other situations, it just doesn't pan out. The wrong fit I guess. Oddly enough, some of my better work relationships took years to come to fruition. In fact, early on, we may not have got along. But time and mutual goals can turn the worst of enemies into good relations.

I guess I love the dynamics of psychology and sociology, all coming together in one place.....our own lives. There is so much to learn and so much that we may never understand. But hey, it's worth the trip!

Comment

Seeing the title of this thread and knowing how you post, I kind of thought maybe you might be referring to our QB Corps
                    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

I knew your contribution would be of solid value. I have to say, this topic can keep my mind occupied for a long time. Just passers by in so many ways, and yet, very likely linked as well.

I often think about all the great relationships I have formed in my life, from school days to sports to career. Often we end up being close to folks just because we ended up in the same office for example. Is it luck, or fate, or is it so many other things? Sometimes it works out to perfection, as we meet folks who will always be friends/partners. In other situations, it just doesn't pan out. The wrong fit I guess. Oddly enough, some of my better work relationships took years to come to fruition. In fact, early on, we may not have got along. But time and mutual goals can turn the worst of enemies into good relations.

I guess I love the dynamics of psychology and sociology, all coming together in one place.....our own lives. There is so much to learn and so much that we may never understand. But hey, it's worth the trip!
                      Very true - definitely worth the trip.

We all grow/evolve at different rates and with different outcomes. Life's pleasures and cruelties sometimes fence us in...or catapult us to another time zone, while the same happens to another...and another.

Sometimes, that inevitable change destroys some benefit in a relationship, and friendships are torn to tatters...like life's event horizon. While other times, a rapport is strengthened - forged through enlightened outlook or mutual understanding.

I've lost many friends over the years...some became incompatible, while others could have been saved. I just didn't throw a life preserver when I could have...I chose to let them go, and I deeply regret it now.

We all have a story to tell.

Comment

Very true - definitely worth the trip.

We all grow/evolve at different rates and with different outcomes. Life's pleasures and cruelties sometimes fence us in...or catapult us to another time zone, while the same happens to another...and another.

Sometimes, that inevitable change destroys some benefit in a relationship, and friendships are torn to tatters...like life's event horizon. While other times, a rapport is strengthened - forged through enlightened outlook or mutual understanding.

I've lost many friends over the years...some became incompatible, while others could have been saved. I just didn't throw a life preserver when I could have...I chose to let them go, and I deeply regret it now.

We all have a story to tell.
                        This all reminds me of the endless possibilities that may exist, even with a simple thing such as going left instead of right, choosing this job over that, joining one club or another. If nothing else, I think it important to socialize, and to keep some track of particular relationships. I can't help but wonder how different life would be, if we made even slightly different choices.

As I get a little older, I have not been in as much contact with certain family/friends.......and occasionally I blame myself for that, but on the other hand, it's a two way street. No reason therefore to feel bad about it, unless of course I am the one who dropped the ball. In fact, I do expect to visit one of my elderly relatives very soon. Been too long.

Conversely, good family/friends don't need to be together all that much. I find that good relations of this sort can be apart for years, and then just pick up where things left off, in a matter of moments. That's what I call a solid, pure relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                          Seeing the title of this thread and knowing how you post, I kind of thought maybe you might be referring to our QB Corps
                          Ha ha.....that is an interesting title for QBs. Passers passing by perhaps??? Would that mean we can't keep one very long???

Then again, I have a hunch our first round pick will be wearing Orange & Blue for a long time.:thumb:

(I better watch out....not only did I bump my own thread, but I am now in the process of derailing it!!)

Comment

This all reminds me of the endless possibilities that may exist, even with a simple thing such as going left instead of right, choosing this job over that, joining one club or another. If nothing else, I think it important to socialize, and to keep some track of particular relationships. I can't help but wonder how different life would be, if we made even slightly different choices.

As I get a little older, I have not been in as much contact with certain family/friends.......and occasionally I blame myself for that, but on the other hand, it's a two way street. No reason therefore to feel bad about it, unless of course I am the one who dropped the ball. In fact, I do expect to visit one of my elderly relatives very soon. Been too long.

Conversely, good family/friends don't need to be together all that much. I find that good relations of this sort can be apart for years, and then just pick up where things left off, in a matter of moments. That's what I call a solid, pure relationship.
                            It's so very true. We go through life everyday, probably never realizing that every decision we make, every circumstance that happens, is directly or indirectly impacting everything that follows...however slight. Of course, if you dwell on that when you're making every decision, you may very well go mad .

Friendship definitely is a two way street...and I probably shouldn't fault myself any more or less than the other guy. But, like you said, how would one thing be different with even one change in a single decision? Ah, the story of life...in all its beautiful madness.

Comment

It's so very true. We go through life everyday, probably never realizing that every decision we make, every circumstance that happens, is directly or indirectly impacting everything that follows...however slight. Of course, if you dwell on that when you're making every decision, you may very well go mad .

Friendship definitely is a two way street...and I probably shouldn't fault myself any more or less than the other guy. But, like you said, how would one thing be different with even one change in a single decision? Ah, the story of life...in all its beautiful madness.
                              You and I are going to have to conduct a test to see how things turn out if we do things one way vs the other. EXCEPT......I haven't figured it out yet!!!

But wouldn't it be cool to see how life would have wandered had you taken out that girl, or taken that class, or visited that country......etc. to the nth degree! It boggles my little mind how everything could have changed. However, just as now, we would never know how it would have changed unless we can get that dang test worked out!

Comment

You and I are going to have to conduct a test to see how things turn out if we do things one way vs the other. EXCEPT......I haven't figured it out yet!!!

But wouldn't it be cool to see how life would have wandered had you taken out that girl, or taken that class, or visited that country......etc. to the nth degree! It boggles my little mind how everything could have changed. However, just as now, we would never know how it would have changed unless we can get that dang test worked out!
                                That would be an awesome experiment…but, hell if I know how we could validate it (given that we have no way of confirming an alternate result).

Hmm…we’ll have to think of something. We’ll have our own Schrödinger's cat over here .

Comment

Working...
                                X