Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    On Monday we will be opening restaurants to 50% capacity (max). How interesting the passers by will be, this time round. Especially in the early days. There will be some caution and even concern, but I think those folks passing by will be happy to follow the rules, so that they can get what they came for....a good meal, some company, and some normalcy.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I am bumping again for a couple of reasons. First, because it was one my favs from a selfish perspective. Two, because it makes me look forward to the day we can be close again....just passing by. That day will come.
    Last edited by CanDB; 05-14-2020, 04:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Geez bud, you sound smarter every time we talk!

But I definitely see us working together in future. We will need many, many beer breaks, to ensure we stay "fluid".
    To fluidity! Cheers, my friend.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Lumiere View Post

I'm going to decide to go have a beer and delegate this one!
    Geez bud, you sound smarter every time we talk!

But I definitely see us working together in future. We will need many, many beer breaks, to ensure we stay "fluid".

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    OK......I am going to be like one of my old VPs on this one. "We need an answer by Monday morning, and I don't care how you come up with it!!!"

I'm going to decide to go have a beer and delegate this one!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Yeah, we need a better way. While the pancaked CanDB could be crucially important evidence to gather up, we'll need to find a method that can be replicated (that's kind of a one shot deal)!
    OK......I am going to be like one of my old VPs on this one. "We need an answer by Monday morning, and I don't care how you come up with it!!!"

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    So where to begin???????

Now, I was thinking about turning left, you know, off that cliff....instead of turning right. But I must be honest, you may not hear from me again if I turn left. So, that experiment may be a little rich. It would certainly prove a point though, that had I stuck with my original plan to turn right, it may have been the wiser choice. Though from an impact perspective, not quite so dramatic.....

Maybe we think of another experiment. Please!
    Yeah, we need a better way. While the pancaked CanDB could be crucially important evidence to gather up, we'll need to find a method that can be replicated (that's kind of a one shot deal)!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Hahahaha! Ohhh, I don’t even know where to begin with this one.

We’ve already altered history, Can! Strangely, it would appear that we’ve wandered onto one of life’s most mysterious byways – one that perhaps connects the meaning of life itself with the greater role of the universe. Incredibly...it passes right through Broncos Country.
    So where to begin???????

Now, I was thinking about turning left, you know, off that cliff....instead of turning right. But I must be honest, you may not hear from me again if I turn left. So, that experiment may be a little rich. It would certainly prove a point though, that had I stuck with my original plan to turn right, it may have been the wiser choice. Though from an impact perspective, not quite so dramatic.....

Maybe we think of another experiment. Please!

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    OK buddy.....this year's project. This is so big we may need some help from other folks here.

This will make us famous.....unless of course we turn left instead of right, when left means the edge of a cliff!
    Hahahaha! Ohhh, I don’t even know where to begin with this one.

We’ve already altered history, Can! Strangely, it would appear that we’ve wandered onto one of life’s most mysterious byways – one that perhaps connects the meaning of life itself with the greater role of the universe. Incredibly...it passes right through Broncos Country.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    That would be an awesome experiment…but, hell if I know how we could validate it (given that we have no way of confirming an alternate result).

Hmm…we’ll have to think of something. We’ll have our own Schrödinger's cat over here .
    OK buddy.....this year's project. This is so big we may need some help from other folks here.

This will make us famous.....unless of course we turn left instead of right, when left means the edge of a cliff!

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    You and I are going to have to conduct a test to see how things turn out if we do things one way vs the other. EXCEPT......I haven't figured it out yet!!!

But wouldn't it be cool to see how life would have wandered had you taken out that girl, or taken that class, or visited that country......etc. to the nth degree! It boggles my little mind how everything could have changed. However, just as now, we would never know how it would have changed unless we can get that dang test worked out!
    That would be an awesome experiment…but, hell if I know how we could validate it (given that we have no way of confirming an alternate result).

Hmm…we’ll have to think of something. We’ll have our own Schrödinger's cat over here .

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    It's so very true. We go through life everyday, probably never realizing that every decision we make, every circumstance that happens, is directly or indirectly impacting everything that follows...however slight. Of course, if you dwell on that when you're making every decision, you may very well go mad .

Friendship definitely is a two way street...and I probably shouldn't fault myself any more or less than the other guy. But, like you said, how would one thing be different with even one change in a single decision? Ah, the story of life...in all its beautiful madness.
    You and I are going to have to conduct a test to see how things turn out if we do things one way vs the other. EXCEPT......I haven't figured it out yet!!!

But wouldn't it be cool to see how life would have wandered had you taken out that girl, or taken that class, or visited that country......etc. to the nth degree! It boggles my little mind how everything could have changed. However, just as now, we would never know how it would have changed unless we can get that dang test worked out!

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    This all reminds me of the endless possibilities that may exist, even with a simple thing such as going left instead of right, choosing this job over that, joining one club or another. If nothing else, I think it important to socialize, and to keep some track of particular relationships. I can't help but wonder how different life would be, if we made even slightly different choices.

As I get a little older, I have not been in as much contact with certain family/friends.......and occasionally I blame myself for that, but on the other hand, it's a two way street. No reason therefore to feel bad about it, unless of course I am the one who dropped the ball. In fact, I do expect to visit one of my elderly relatives very soon. Been too long.

Conversely, good family/friends don't need to be together all that much. I find that good relations of this sort can be apart for years, and then just pick up where things left off, in a matter of moments. That's what I call a solid, pure relationship.
    It's so very true. We go through life everyday, probably never realizing that every decision we make, every circumstance that happens, is directly or indirectly impacting everything that follows...however slight. Of course, if you dwell on that when you're making every decision, you may very well go mad .

Friendship definitely is a two way street...and I probably shouldn't fault myself any more or less than the other guy. But, like you said, how would one thing be different with even one change in a single decision? Ah, the story of life...in all its beautiful madness.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    Seeing the title of this thread and knowing how you post, I kind of thought maybe you might be referring to our QB Corps
    Ha ha.....that is an interesting title for QBs. Passers passing by perhaps??? Would that mean we can't keep one very long???

Then again, I have a hunch our first round pick will be wearing Orange & Blue for a long time.:thumb:

(I better watch out....not only did I bump my own thread, but I am now in the process of derailing it!!)

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Very true - definitely worth the trip.

We all grow/evolve at different rates and with different outcomes. Life's pleasures and cruelties sometimes fence us in...or catapult us to another time zone, while the same happens to another...and another.

Sometimes, that inevitable change destroys some benefit in a relationship, and friendships are torn to tatters...like life's event horizon. While other times, a rapport is strengthened - forged through enlightened outlook or mutual understanding.

I've lost many friends over the years...some became incompatible, while others could have been saved. I just didn't throw a life preserver when I could have...I chose to let them go, and I deeply regret it now.

We all have a story to tell.
    This all reminds me of the endless possibilities that may exist, even with a simple thing such as going left instead of right, choosing this job over that, joining one club or another. If nothing else, I think it important to socialize, and to keep some track of particular relationships. I can't help but wonder how different life would be, if we made even slightly different choices.

As I get a little older, I have not been in as much contact with certain family/friends.......and occasionally I blame myself for that, but on the other hand, it's a two way street. No reason therefore to feel bad about it, unless of course I am the one who dropped the ball. In fact, I do expect to visit one of my elderly relatives very soon. Been too long.

Conversely, good family/friends don't need to be together all that much. I find that good relations of this sort can be apart for years, and then just pick up where things left off, in a matter of moments. That's what I call a solid, pure relationship.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X