Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Bronc Riders Out There?

Hey folks,

I'm headin' to the local rodeo tonight and I thought I'd ask if there were any current or former rodeo'ers on the boards.

I myself have only cinched up one time at a county fair. Jr. Saddlebronc Riding event. I wasn't crazy enough (perhaps drunk enough) to try the bull they had. I also used to do some roping and penning but I unfortunately don't live near ranch country anymore.

So let's hear it-any Rodeo and Bronc ridin' fans out there in Broncos Country?

I love the rodeo specifically bull and bronc riding.

Never had the guts to actually do it myself unless you count a mechanical bull in a bar once after several margaritas.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I've cut a calf or two, and been tossed and rubbed off a horse as well, but I've never been crazy (or drunk) enough to climb on the back of something at least a thousand pounds heavier than me that's SO hell bent on getting me off. It's bad enough when they're used to someone riding them and simply get annoyed for a moment or two, but bronc and bull riding is nuts. A hell of a rush, I'm sure but, no thanks.

It seems to me that we do have a few bronc/bull riding members. Painter, maybe?
      Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
        I've cut a calf or two, and been tossed and rubbed off a horse as well, but I've never been crazy (or drunk) enough to climb on the back of something at least a thousand pounds heavier than me that's SO hell bent on getting me off. It's bad enough when they're used to someone riding them and simply get annoyed for a moment or two, but bronc and bull riding is nuts. A hell of a rush, I'm sure but, no thanks.

It seems to me that we do have a few bronc/bull riding members. Painter, maybe?
        I like to go to rodeos once a while, but I don't think I would ever do it myself.

Just think what you would do if a group of little poodles put a clamp on your "manhood" and then one of them jumped on your back to go for a ride.

I think things would turn out rather unfortunate for that little poodle. I don't want to be the little poodle.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I wouldn't mind doing some "mutton busting" i feel fairly confident i could handle that.
          I really like Cheese.

Comment

Right here DishWater...

Lets see where should I start, I guess I started out as just a little kid riding calves and wild donkeys as such. I don't remember myself, although my dad and brother have fun teasing me about crying when they would take me off and tell me thats enough for the day.

Then from there it went into steers and roping. Into middle school I roped quite a bit and didn't do too much bull riding until high school. I roped and roded bulls until a year or two after I graduated.

It was up until then I moved to the phoenix valley and started working and going to school. Not having the time and money to pursue it in the manner that I wanted it just kinda faded into the back ground.

It's been well over ten years since I've been on my last bull and I still remember the ride from start to finish. I know a lot of people will call me crazy and have a lot of negative viewpoints on the rodeo, but I gotta say I still miss getting on the bulls.

I still rope from time to time with my father, but haven't done so in competition for a few years now.

That portion of my my life was full of fun times and a lot of miles. Once school let out I would just load up the truck and trailer with the horses and leave the house for the summer. It was just one long trip from rodeo to rodeo with some ranch work thrown in from time to time to get fees and diesel fuel.

Well that's my story about riding and roping in the rodeo. Well have a good time and enjoy the show. :salute!:

Here's a pic with me roping with my dad. Dads on the right.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elecshoc View Post
              Right here DishWater...

Lets see where should I start, I guess I started out as just a little kid riding calves and wild donkeys as such. I don't remember myself, although my dad and brother have fun teasing me about crying when they would take me off and tell me thats enough for the day.

Then from there it went into steers and roping. Into middle school I roped quite a bit and didn't do too much bull riding until high school. I roped and roded bulls until a year or two after I graduated.

It was up until then I moved to the phoenix valley and started working and going to school. Not having the time and money to pursue it in the manner that I wanted it just kinda faded into the back ground.

It's been well over ten years since I've been on my last bull and I still remember the ride from start to finish. I know a lot of people will call me crazy and have a lot of negative viewpoints on the rodeo, but I gotta say I still miss getting on the bulls.

I still rope from time to time with my father, but haven't done so in competition for a few years now.

That portion of my my life was full of fun times and a lot of miles. Once school let out I would just load up the truck and trailer with the horses and leave the house for the summer. It was just one long trip from rodeo to rodeo with some ranch work thrown in from time to time to get fees and diesel fuel.

Well that's my story about riding and roping in the rodeo. Well have a good time and enjoy the show. :salute!:

Here's a pic with me roping with my dad. Dads on the right.

Thats awesome. Wish I could ride like that.
              "It's not how many breathes we take in a life time, but how many moments in our life time that take our breath away"

Comment

Never rode a bull.
                I've been bucked off of and thrown from a few horses...
                and I have ridden a few to a standstill.

I know better than to wear my spurs on the dance floor...
                but lord it's been years since I had a pair of spurs on.

I use to work the gate next to chute # 1 at the National Western Rodeo.
                I'd let the bull riders, drs, ropers, etc in and out of the arena.

Good times. Low pay. Glory days.
                - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I got on a bull once.

Once.

I was about a year out of high school, and I made it about three jumps before i landed in the dirt and the damned thing stepped on my knee. The adrenaline was pumping so hard it was an hour before my knee started hurting.

Although I scrambled right up and out of the arena, my knee was swollen, black and blue and I could barely stand on it for about 2 days.

Needless to say, my rodeo career began and ended with that ride.

Comment

Working...
                  X