Best place to be? Mountains vs. beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to be? Mountains vs. beach

Like the title says, what's your favorite place of the two (three)?

Personally, I prefer mountains as I find it to be one of the most beautiful and inspiring sights on this planet. Just breathtaking and true nature and lots of cool activities you can do.

Mountains

Beach

Hell
    Mountains - I'm gonna find Bigfoot
    63.04%
    Beach - Don't hassle the Hoff
    30.43%
    Hell - Earth is so overrated!
    6.52%
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Mountains! Wayyy better than the beach, more scenic, more breathtaking!
    sigpic

Comment

Beach.

To be specific...Bodega Bay, Stinson, NorCal beaches.

On a stormy, cloudy day. The wilder, the better.

When I lived in Colorado Springs, I felt claustrophobic. Beautiful, but not enough water.
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Go to Greece and have them both.

Check out Mount Pelion. Or, Mount Parnassos which has a ski area and is in sight of the Corinthian Gulf.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Mountains for sure. Living in the Great Smokey's is...well...just great!

Comment

Mountains. I'm looking out my window at some pretty ones right now

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              Go to Greece and have them both.

Check out Mount Pelion. Or, Mount Parnassos which has a ski area and is in sight of the Corinthian Gulf.
              Well,I was going to suggest Rio De Janiero for about the same reason, mountains on the beach, FTW!
              I really like Cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                You in Rifle? I went there in 2005 with a friend from GJ to visit Rifle Mountain Park for a little bit of climbing and hiking. Pretty damn awesome and it's a beautiful sight you've got there for sure. :thumb:
                Adopted Poster
                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                  You in Rifle? I went there in 2005 with a friend from GJ to visit Rifle Mountain Park for a little bit of climbing and hiking. Pretty damn awesome and it's a beautiful sight you've got there for sure. :thumb:
                  It's a cool area. I'm actually right outside Aspen at the moment

I like Western CO, it's pretty and not heavily populated. 2 big plusses in my book!

Comment

Is that rivers on mars? because hes out of this world?
                    sigpic

Comment

I like Western CO, it's pretty and not heavily populated. 2 big plusses in my book!
                      BTW Powder... Rifle Falls and Little Box Canyon were awesome! It rained quite a bit on us, but we all loved it. I'll give you and chaz a more complete report in a PM when I have some time. But, you're right... beaches are pretty damned cool, and most of Colorado and the intermountain west is awesome as well, but there's nothing like the Western Slope of Colorado!!! (I'm not biased... )

Anyway, just think... if sea level rose by let's say... 5000-5500 feet... then GJ would be underwater and you and I would have beach front property skirted by the mountains!!!
                      Winter is Coming!

Comment

I just can't help myself... the mountains are the backdrop of my soul.

Can anyone else see snow right now?

Well, I can and do... every day.
                        Winter is Coming!

Comment

i say cornfields!!!! j/k

too tough to call, i love camping on the beach and in the mountains. as long as both are in drivable distance.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
                            Is that rivers on mars? because hes out of this world?
                            must be..

Comment

Aspen is beautiful aswell, actually reminds me a lot of Switzerland and Austria here in Europe. I heard Lance Armstrong settled down somewhere near Aspen lol..
                              Adopted Poster
                              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Working...
                              X