Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever Notice How Bad Your Luck Is When You Rush???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever Notice How Bad Your Luck Is When You Rush???

Are you a last minute "get ready" person? If so, not trying to be a downer, but you will likely have more bad luck than those who are organized and prepared....

How do I know? I've had my share of bad luck over the years, when I hurry! Suddenly, for no apparent reason I knock things on the floor, forget things I need to take with me, misplace valuables, skip a few tasks that I could have had done, even get a little grumpy at others....for this bad luck that seems to come over me like a dirty shirt.

My kids have had some of that similar bad luck, and they don't understand it either. It's like we're cursed. Life's not fair!

For example, how many times have they had the misfortune of leaving clothes and things all over the house (when both lived here) because they were a little late for something? Or.....it's just odd that their friends seem to be sitting idly in their cars in our driveway, even though my kids know they are coming to pick them up......it's so very strange!

I mean, why do it now, when you can do it later, right? If procrastinate wasn't a real, solid word, why does it exist? There has to be an explanation.

Further to....I think it sucks that I keep stubbing my toes, banging into wall corners, wearing wrinkled clothes (ie. minus the ironing), and having to RUSH my life away......seems like I'm always rushing!! These things don't seem to happen to my wife...........life's not fair!!!

anytime im late for anything i hit every single red light possible or get stuck behind someone going 10-15 mph under the limit

it drives me nuts
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

Anytime I rush some I succeed like a sonova. But if I overthink over try give myself too much time I out think myself and end up looking like an idiot.
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Rushing in my car = frustration and bad luck

Rushing on my bike = great success and speed

Having a small size and great acceleration makes for quick commuting

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
          Rushing in my car = frustration and bad luck

Rushing on my bike = great success and speed

Having a small size and great acceleration makes for quick commuting
          This. I left late to work yesterday but my bike helped cut down the time.

and oh yea Ive seen this pretty funny motivational poster lol. I had a picture of a city in ruins and said," PROCRASTINATE: Because if the world ends tommorow, you don't have to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by D_Broncs_913 View Post
            This. I left late to work yesterday but my bike helped cut down the time.

and oh yea Ive seen this pretty funny motivational poster lol. I had a picture of a city in ruins and said," PROCRASTINATE: Because if the world ends tommorow, you don't have to do it.
            that's a whole new genre of motivation.......unmotivated motivation!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              Are you a last minute "get ready" person? If so, not trying to be a downer, but you will likely have more bad luck than those who are organized and prepared....

How do I know? I've had my share of bad luck over the years, when I hurry! Suddenly, for no apparent reason I knock things on the floor, forget things I need to take with me, misplace valuables, skip a few tasks that I could have had done, even get a little grumpy at others....for this bad luck that seems to come over me like a dirty shirt.

My kids have had some of that similar bad luck, and they don't understand it either. It's like we're cursed. Life's not fair!

For example, how many times have they had the misfortune of leaving clothes and things all over the house (when both lived here) because they were a little late for something? Or.....it's just odd that their friends seem to be sitting idly in their cars in our driveway, even though my kids know they are coming to pick them up......it's so very strange!

I mean, why do it now, when you can do it later, right? If procrastinate wasn't a real, solid word, why does it exist? There has to be an explanation.

Further to....I think it sucks that I keep stubbing my toes, banging into wall corners, wearing wrinkled clothes (ie. minus the ironing), and having to RUSH my life away......seems like I'm always rushing!! These things don't seem to happen to my wife...........life's not fair!!!
              Happens to me all the time, it's like you forget how to function or something

Comment

idk... everytime I listen to Moving Pictures my day always gets better...

must just be your bad luck Can

Comment

I can't believe my bad luck......the other day I had to gulp down a meal just before working out, and later got an unexplainable case of indigestion......I'm thinking food poisoning, but then again, my wife would have tried that many years ago if ever she was going to do it. More bad luck....

And another one....a few years ago I got a speeding ticket. I couldn't help it, I was going to be late for work, and you know, I just couldn't get up earlier....bad luck follows me around.

And then the time recently when I wanted good Neil Young tickets, but they didn't have any left........hey, I was pretty busy and couldn't get to it earlier (for weeks!!).....just that old bad luck on my doorstep....

Gee whiz....if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all!!!!
                  Last edited by CanDB; 08-24-2010, 12:47 PM.

Comment

When I have plenty of time, in no rush at all, the lights are green, the lines are short and quick, no one pulls out in front of me...sigh
                    Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 08-24-2010, 01:39 PM. Reason: cnat spell

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                      When I have plenty of time, in no rush at all, the lights are green, the lines are short and quick, no on pulls out in front of me...sigh
                      I know, when I leave early, it takes me 50-55 minutes to get to work.

When I leave late, it's always over an hour

If I leave really early, it's about 45 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
                        When I have plenty of time, in no rush at all, the lights are green, the lines are short and quick, no on pulls out in front of me...sigh
                        Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                        I know, when I leave early, it takes me 50-55 minutes to get to work.

When I leave late, it's always over an hour

If I leave really early, it's about 45 minutes
                        This stuff is true, especially when I used to work downtown. I'd leave early and stay late, and miss 90% of the rush traffic. Luckily I loved my job back then, so staying had its benefits.....

Comment

This stuff is true, especially when I used to work downtown. I'd leave early and stay late, and miss 90% of the rush traffic. Luckily I loved my job back then, so staying had its benefits.....
                          Well this is 100% off topic, well not really I guess but do you have any idea where your avatar picture is from? I always wonder that when I see it, but I guess I've never had the audacity to ask it.

Comment

Originally posted by OhBehave30 View Post
                            Well this is 100% off topic, well not really I guess but do you have any idea where your avatar picture is from? I always wonder that when I see it, but I guess I've never had the audacity to ask it.
                            No problem at all.......it's from a place we are considering moving to......it's called Kelowna, and it's in a beautiful area in the interior of British Columbia, Canada called the Okanagan. Many people rate this as the best climate in Canada - hot and dry in summer, with mild winters. This is wine growing country, and is home to a high number of wineries of all sorts. If you ever go to Kelowna, take them in. Mission Hills is probably the best known, and is a very large, beautiful structure located high up, on a large hill. But the other wineries all have their story and charm as well.

This region, is in parts, desert like. And what's really cool if you like skiing, it is not far from a popular ski resort - Big White.

Probably said too much in this response, but thanks for asking.

Comment

No problem at all.......it's from a place we are considering moving to......it's called Kelowna, and it's in a beautiful area in the interior of British Columbia, Canada called the Okanagan. Many people rate this as the best climate in Canada - hot and dry in summer, with mild winters. This is wine growing country, and is home to a high number of wineries of all sorts. If you ever go to Kelowna, take them in. Mission Hills is probably the best known, and is a very large, beautiful structure located high up, on a large hill. But the other wineries all have their story and charm as well.

This region, is in parts, desert like. And what's really cool if you like skiing, it is not far from a popular ski resort - Big White.

Probably said too much in this response, but thanks for asking.
                              Awesome! I did some googling and youtubing..that's pretty nuts. I'm sure there's a ton of people that would be shocked to see Canada is that scenic. I've been to Canada once- Toronto and I'd pick that over almost every "big" city in the U.S. for sure. Canada's so underrated.

Comment

Working...
                              X