Migraines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migraines

I just had a Terrell Davis moment. I'm realy scared, and in my band class I almost blacked out. Then I got the worst migraine ever and couldn't focus or hear very well. I went home with my mom driving and slept from 12 to about 7 pm. I'm freaked out now. What if I'm driving and I black out from a migraine?

I don't know what to do.
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

You gotta see a doctor and get some of that medicine. They have pills (more than one kind to try) that you take right as you feel a flicker of a symptom coming on. The pill then prevents a migraine (if it works).

The other thing is to try and pay attention if there's a combination of factors that brought it on -- bright sunlight, skipping a meal, etc.

My wife has migraines. Don't suffer for years without getting treatment. You've only got one life to live. Go get some pills.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
      You gotta see a doctor and get some of that medicine. They have pills (more than one kind to try) that you take right as you feel a flicker of a symptom coming on. The pill then prevents a migraine (if it works).

The other thing is to try and pay attention if there's a combination of factors that brought it on -- bright sunlight, skipping a meal, etc.

My wife has migraines. Don't suffer for years without getting treatment. You've only got one life to live. Go get some pills.
      Thank you. I've never been so scared before. Almost blacking out was a truly terrifying experience and I was too scared to even ask the teacher to go to the office. (I think it's due to the change in weather.)
      sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

You should really see a doctor. Everyone gets migraines once and a while, and "blacking out" is not too rare.
        Still, if you have doubts about it, check with a doc. Though if you are driving and feel some head pain, I'd get over to the side of the road and wait it out. Play it safe.

Hope you get better.:thumb:
        sigpic

Comment

If you think the migraines are strong enough to black you out when you're driving then you have to go to the doctor because it could be something serious.

Comment

I've been going to a chiropractor for almost two years just to help deal with migraines. It's actually helped immensely. It won't always help, but I believe there are instances of people who could be helped with chiropractor care instead of just resorting to drugs, which is what most people do.

I would encourage you to atleast see if a chiropractor can help you first.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
            X