Remembering 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering 9/11

I just shared this link on facebook. I have never seen this before.

"This is a commercial Budweiser did for 9/11. They only aired it once so as not to benefit financially from it. They just wanted to acknowledge that horrible day and pay tribute to America and it's heroes."

A Tribute
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

I watched a documentary (recorded calls etc) about 9/11 last night and was gonna dedicate a thread about it but this will do.
    Thanks BM69. :thumb:

Personally, I cannot believe it's been so many years already. It's as if it happened yesterday, fortunately it did not.

I'll check back on 9/11 and show my respect.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

That was pretty good... We will never forget the heinous acts committed against our country, and I will never forget the ones who have served our country to keep it safe and free.

sigpic
      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
        That was pretty good... We will never forget the heinous acts committed against our country, and I will never forget the ones who have served our country to keep it safe and free.
        I'm surprised I hadn't seen that before. It is dated September 2006 according the original poster.

I too will be checking back in on Saturday as I'm sure many will. We had a thread last year where people posted all kinds of pics and rememberances.

I expect that we'll see the same again this year.

:usa:

sigpic

Comment

Country Music Stars produce probably the most recognizable songs regarding patriotic feelings and meaningful lyrics. Two immediately that come to mind:

The first and foremost which we all know:

God Bless The USA ~ Lee Greenwood

Secondly:

"I pledge allegiance to this flag and if that bothers you then that's too bad"

Where The Stars & Stripes & The Eagle Fly ~ Aaron Tippin

EDIT: Added a third

AZ Snake.. Your sig pic is at the end of this video.

Courtesy Of The Red White and Blue ~ Toby Keith
          Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 09-10-2010, 11:51 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Remembering 9/11/2001....

The Denver Broncos had just beaten the New York Giants on Monday Night Football here in Denver the night before....

I was still living with my family back then. My Mom comes into my room and wakes me up and tells me to turn on my tv. A few minutes later I see the second plane hit live. I thought I was in a dream. Changing the tv to other channels I knew it wasn’t a dream. I had the day off of work so I was the only one at home not working/going to school that day. I hear news of the pentagon being hit. I start to flip out and yell "what the hell is going on here? stop it". Our dogs come to console me and cuddle up to me. I give DJ, Taz, and Copper kisses and tell them I love them! Then hearing of the plane going down in Pennsylvania. I jump into the shower and take a really fast shower so I can watch everything and keep everyone updated.

I call my Mom in horror watching the first tower fall crying. She says she loves me and to relax. I tell her I love her as well. Then the second tower falls and I lose it again. Tuning to the radio, they are still playing music but have updates of everything going on in New York, Pennsylvania, and at the Pentagon. Hearing that they have now grounded all future flights At this time I call all my family members to tell them I love them.

That afternoon I go and pick up my Brother and Sister from school and at this time no music is playing on the radio. Only updates of what is going on nationwide is on the radio. It feels like we are in a war or something.

After my Mom gets home we all go out to dinner at Chick Fil A. It seriously feels so awkward as to everything going on around us. Getting home after dinner we turn on the tv and see the destruction the terror caused. This is the birth of the news ticker at the bottom of our screens.

Going to sleep that night we all hug and kiss and say we love each other.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
            Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
            Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
            Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
            I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

We must never forget what happened on 9/11/2001. We must always honor those who died, served the wounded, and protected us from more terror that day. Thank a servicemember everytime you see one this week (hopefully always).

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                I'm surprised I hadn't seen that before. It is dated September 2006 according the original poster.

I too will be checking back in on Saturday as I'm sure many will. We had a thread last year where people posted all kinds of pics and rememberances.

I expect that we'll see the same again this year.

:usa:
                I think this thread will do just fine for that.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                  The Denver Broncos had just beaten the New York Giants on Monday Night Football here in Denver the night before.....
                  That was the first regular season game ever at Invesco Field. That was the night Eddie Mac broke his leg. All memories that were quickly overshadowed.

I was still living with my family back then. My Mom comes into my room and wakes me up and tells me to turn on my tv. A few minutes later I see the second plane hit live. I thought I was in a dream.
                  This is exactly what happened to me. Wake up for work and my wife was in the shower. I turn on the TV only to see and hear what had been going on. Wiping the sleep out of my eyes, trying to focus on what they were talking about, I watched the second plane hit live as well. The shock and horror of what was happening suddenly became a reality that was hard to believe.

Hearing that they have now grounded all future flights At this time I call all my family members to tell them I love them.
                  Living in Las Vegas at the time, and as you may imagine, is a very busy airport around the clock and hearing zero aircraft in the skies for days was one of the creepiest things. A sense of isolation. A sense of solitude.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Watching the towers fall and hearing about the other planes that crashed into the Pentagon and in that field in Pennsylvania was the scariest part... I remember the entire nation was fearing other planes in the sky were headed towards the White House, Lincoln Memorial, Empire State Building, etc.

The people on that plane that crashed in Penn are truly the definition of American hero's, and i truly believe they dont get enough credit for what they did... You never know how many more lives could have been lost that did if it weren't for them.

New York is my second home, and this tragedy still haunts this city everyday... You cant go 1 day without meeting a person that was effected by 9/11. Just an absolutely evil thing by Bin Laden.

I remember seeing the towers when i was little and thinking they were the most amazing thing's i had ever seen. I mean the the towers were so big they had their own zip code. They made the Empire State and Chrysler Building's look like kiddie stuff.

On that day when i imagined those towers collapsing it made me almost faint. Literally. I couldn't handle it... I still refuse to watch any kind of replay on youtube of anything from that day.

It was also the deciding factor to do the "War on Terror." Which is an entirely different subject. But 9/11 had a massive impact of the last decade... As some of you know i recently lost a very good friend to me in the war, so that dreadful day is still barring it's consequences on tons of Americans to this day.

Comment

I just got this is an email.

'MEET ME IN THE STAIRWELL'

You say you will never forget where you were when
                        you heard the news On September 11, 2001.
                        Neither will I.

I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room
                        with a man who called his wife to say 'Good-Bye.' I
                        held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the
                        peace to say, 'Honey, I am not going to make it, but it
                        is OK..I am ready to go.'

I was with his wife when he called as she fed
                        breakfast to their children. I held her up as she
                        tried to understand his words and as she realized
                        he wasn't coming home that night.

I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a
                        woman cried out to Me for help. 'I have been
                        knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!' I said.
                        'Of course I will show you the way home - only
                        believe in Me now.'

I was at the base of the building with the Priest
                        ministering to the injured and devastated souls.
                        I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven. He
                        heard my voice and answered.

I was on all four of those planes, in every seat,
                        with every prayer. I was with the crew as they
                        were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the
                        believers there, comforting and assuring them that their
                        faith has saved them.

I was in Texas , Virginia , California , Michigan , Afghanistan .
                        I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news.
                        Did you sense Me?

I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew
                        every name - though not all know Me. Some met Me
                        for the first time on the 86th floor.

Some sought Me with their last breath.
                        Some couldn't hear Me calling to them through the
                        smoke and flames; 'Come to Me... this way... take
                        my hand.' Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me.
                        But, I was there.

I did not place you in the Tower that day. You
                        may not know why, but I do.. However, if you were
                        there in that explosive moment in time, would you have
                        reached for Me?

Sept. 11, 2001, was not the end of the journey
                        for you . But someday your journey will end. And I
                        will be there for you as well. Seek Me now while I may
                        be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are
                        'ready to go.'

I will be in the stairwell of your final moments.

sigpic

Comment

Powerfully moving.....
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

:usa::usa::usa:

I will never forget what happen that day, just like everyone else I know exactly were I was at and what I was doing on September 11th 2001..
                            "January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers

Comment

9-11 Tribute

National 9-11 Memorial

Flight 93 National Memorial

Pentagon Memorial

NYFD Firemen Tribute

Administrator
                              sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Working...
                              X