No announcement yet.

Remembering 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The History Channel is having an all day 9/11 marathon. It's pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
      I'm surprised I hadn't seen that before. It is dated September 2006 according the original poster.

I too will be checking back in on Saturday as I'm sure many will. We had a thread last year where people posted all kinds of pics and rememberances.

I expect that we'll see the same again this year.

:usa:
      I got that in an email a few years ago...thanks for sharing on here.
      Prayers to the families who lost their loved ones.I watch footage on that
      and I still can't believe it happened...read a story about a FF whose 2 sons were also FF and one was killed.His remains weren't found til 3 months later.The father and his son carried him out of the ruins.It made me cry.
      Also I was looking at some of the pictures of the victims..one was a little blond haired girl...so friggin sad what happened to the innocent.
      Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
        One day none of us will ever forget, I was a senior in highschool working in the deans office when it happened...then some idiot called in a bomb threat to the school and it was absolute mayhem. Major props to our sons and daughters that fought over seas to keep this country safe :thumb:
        i was going to post something similar.

i have a picture of the second plane hitting on my FB right now and i've also noticed other comments around from friends etc.

rather depressing. one was from a guy i went to school with who is in the military now... his comment was pretty negative.

another from someone i used to work with talking about how we need to move on...

actually more than depressed, i'm rather pissed off about it.

i mentioned something about remembering and moving on are two different things, otherwise we wouldn't have memorial day or independence day or vj and ve days etc.

he retorted with some crap about how we need to move on and then brought religion into it.

*shrugs* i don't even know.

it's only been 9 years. pretty recent in the grand scheme of things and already this country doesn't care. or so it seems. especially the younger folks.

*EDIT*

also msnbc has something on right now. they are re-running the news reports as they happened that day... eerie.
        Last edited by RealBronco; 09-11-2010, 04:34 PM.
        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
          i was going to post something similar.

i have a picture of the second plane hitting on my FB right now and i've also noticed other comments around from friends etc.

rather depressing. one was from a guy i went to school with who is in the military now... his comment was pretty negative.

another from someone i used to work with talking about how we need to move on...

actually more than depressed, i'm rather pissed off about it.

i mentioned something about remembering and moving on are two different things, otherwise we wouldn't have memorial day or independence day or vj and ve days etc.

he retorted with some crap about how we need to move on and then brought religion into it.

*shrugs* i don't even know.

it's only been 9 years. pretty recent in the grand scheme of things and already this country doesn't care. or so it seems. especially the younger folks.

*EDIT*

also msnbc has something on right now. they are re-running the news reports as they happened that day... eerie.
          I wouldn't get too upset about your friend. I thank him for his service, and he is doing a good thing, but we can't just move on. This has defined America's character.
          As for the young not remembering, I'm young, I was in 5th grade. It motivated me to go to try to go into Gov't service after College.
          Did you see my post? Most of my friends are too involved in stupid things, and are forgetting the big picture. I find it selfish really.
          But the important thing is that we take the time to reflect and remember! I got some good advice from BroncoManiac_69. At least we remember, that's what counts!
          sigpic

Comment

Gotta agree with LSI, TBH I'm not even over the revolutionary war yet...screw England
            sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
            Sig by: MHS

Comment

This was Bush's speech after the attacks, I thought it was good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZV2L0EM08I
              sigpic
              Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
                This was Bush's speech after the attacks, I thought it was good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZV2L0EM08I
                President Bush was very good in that. Thanks for sharing the link as we all remember what happened.

It saddens me to see the updated news and the overshadowing that developed regarding the mosque planned near the site.

As this day is ending on the 9th anniversary, our flags are still flying outside illuminated in the darkness.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

*language*

Thanks to all those that serve us and have served us to keep us safe and free. From police, to fire and rescue, to military, thank you for doing what we dont have the balls to do.
                  Last edited by Peanut; 09-12-2010, 10:17 AM. Reason: Language in link

Comment

Originally posted by HatianRubble View Post
                    *language*

Thanks to all those that serve us and have served us to keep us safe and free. From police, to fire and rescue, to military, thank you for doing what we dont have the balls to do.

As this day and night ends, one final thought..

We will NEVER forget
                    Last edited by Peanut; 09-12-2010, 10:19 AM. Reason: Edited link in quote
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Cool 9/11 tribute from Kings fan

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...9391--nhl.html

The L.A. Kings' first Stanley Cup in franchise history meant a lot to many long-suffering fans that feared they might never see the team raise the Cup before they die.
                      But there were some that weren't so lucky. Two in particular: Garnet "Ace" Bailey and Mark Lawrence Bavis, L.A. Kings scouts who were aboard United Flight 175, which crashed into the South Tower of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.
                      Both men are commemorated at the 9/11 Memorial at Ground Zero. Their names are written at the South Pool, on Panel S-3. That's a photo of the spot above, with an L.A. Kings Stanley Cup champions hat resting between them.
                      Kings fan Dave Krasne, who lives in New York City, thought of the two scouts when the Kings won the Cup, and decided it wasn't right that they miss Thursday's Stanley Cup celebrations. He brought a hat to the memorial and laid it between them.
                      "May Mark Bavis and Ace Bailey finally RIP," he said in a tweet.
                      An incredible tribute, and a fitting end to a day of celebrating in Los Angeles. Said Bryan Reynolds over at Hockey Wilderness:
                      To Mr. Krasne, a hearty "Well Done!" sir. You took a step very few would have thought to take, and for that you deserve the praise of the entire hockey world. Thank you for keeping these men in your thoughts as you celebrated your team's championship.
                      Ditto. Now, if you'll pardon me, things just got a little glassy in here.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Thought it was cool and worth sharing! Definitely a classy move.

Would be pretty sweet if they brought they actual Cup there now.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Working...
                        X