Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can still swing the stick a little bit (clip inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can still swing the stick a little bit (clip inside)

Here is a clip from late in the game in our Mens League Championship. We won 6-2 after these 4 runs we put up in the 6th.

We have won 3 Championships in 4 years, not too shabby.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gac6LXbIY2s

Just holdin on to my dreams
    Last edited by thatkidhunt; 09-28-2010, 05:06 PM.
    sigpic

Nice
    Only thing I could never really do as an athelete was hit a baseball...lol...

again, nice!
    Last edited by ParkHill-71; 09-28-2010, 04:26 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParkHill-71 View Post
      Nice
      Only thing I could never really do as athelete was hit a baseball...lol...

again, nice!
      Thanks buddy, I wish I could have put some of my other at-bats throughout the season but I didnt video tape the game. They video-taped it for this webcite that ranks mens Adult Baseball in Arizona.

Our squad is currently in the top 10 in the state. We were ranked 9th before we beat the 5th ranked team in the state. The pitcher in that clip pitched in the Minor leagues a few years back .

Its a pretty competitive league. Helps me from remembering im getting old
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
        Thanks buddy, I wish I could have put some of my other at-bats throughout the season but I didnt video tape the game. They video-taped it for this webcite that ranks mens Adult Baseball in Arizona.

Our squad is currently in the top 10 in the state. We were ranked 9th before we beat the 5th ranked team in the state. The pitcher in that clip pitched in the Minor leagues a few years back .

Its a pretty competitive league. Helps me from remembering im getting old
        Swing away Hunt......Swing away....live it as long as you can...goes quick...
        sigpic

Comment

I'm 19 and I really want to join an adult league. Baseball is my absolute favorite sport to play.

Comment

Was that a hole in one?

Comment

Originally posted by Brancos View Post
              Was that a hole in one?
              No sir that was not. I have never played golf, all my buddies think thats wierd.

Maybe I'll pick it up at some point.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParkHill-71 View Post
                Swing away Hunt......Swing away....live it as long as you can...goes quick...
                Yes sir it sure does.

Originally posted by TheQBGuru View Post
                I'm 19 and I really want to join an adult league. Baseball is my absolute favorite sport to play.
                You should look into it, if they are anything like they are here in AZ you will have a blast.
                sigpic

Comment

Nice!! Congrats Jason!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                  Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                  Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                  Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                  I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Bringing the lumber there. Nice hit!
                    sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

... and boom goes the dynamite.

Comment

Nice... i've only connected on 3 swings in my life... and i played a full season in 7th grade!....

yeah but i sucked at batting idk why... still do...

football is my sport baby! woooooooooo would i be able to juke anyone out in this here forum...

Comment

Nice stroke TKH. I haven't played hard ball since high school. What are the typical ages of the men that play? There aren't many mens baseball leagues in southern Colorado and the ones I do know of are traveling teams that are designated for collegiate or pre-collegiate players. There is however a ton of mens softball leagues. Whether its fast pitch, slow pitch, competitive, or leisure, if you're a fast aging old man like me there are ways to try to relive the glory days. Unfortunately for me I fear my playing days might be over. About a month ago I rolled my ankle really bad on the second base bag and it still isn't right. I didn't go to the doctor so I don't know what kind of damage I did, but I hope I didn't tear ligaments or anything. I'm almost 36 so my body doesn't heal like it used to, but I think I'll see how it feels in the spring. Anyway keep living the dream bro.....
                          sigpic

Comment

Nice swing , I played baseball all through highschool and quit in college. I tried to join a 22-24 year old league a few years ago but after a few practices I knew it was gonna be a bad Idea
                            sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                            Sig by: MHS

Comment

Originally posted by Biggregb View Post
                              Nice stroke TKH. I haven't played hard ball since high school. What are the typical ages of the men that play? There aren't many mens baseball leagues in southern Colorado and the ones I do know of are traveling teams that are designated for collegiate or pre-collegiate players. There is however a ton of mens softball leagues. Whether its fast pitch, slow pitch, competitive, or leisure, if you're a fast aging old man like me there are ways to try to relive the glory days. Unfortunately for me I fear my playing days might be over. About a month ago I rolled my ankle really bad on the second base bag and it still isn't right. I didn't go to the doctor so I don't know what kind of damage I did, but I hope I didn't tear ligaments or anything. I'm almost 36 so my body doesn't heal like it used to, but I think I'll see how it feels in the spring. Anyway keep living the dream bro.....
                              I used to play in Grand Junction all the time. A couple of my traveling teams went there in high-school and I played with a couple people that played at Mesa State. Most of the men in our league are pretty young. I would say on average between the ages of 20-40 but mostly younger players who just recently finished playing college ball. We have a few Ex-Pros as well, Rey King who was a closer for many years for many teams pitches in our league. I too had a recent injury to my ankle/leg as well. I fouled a ball so hard into my leg that it looked like this:

From just of the left of the football all the way down to where my foot is white is about 10 times too big.

It ended up looking like this:

And still looked like this 3 weeks later:

As you can tell in the clip, I now wear a shin/ankle guard on my left leg. I cant take another one in the same spot.
                              Last edited by thatkidhunt; 09-29-2010, 06:30 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X