Keeping it Fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping it Fluid

The facts are, over 1/2 of our body consists of water.......some say 3/4s or even more........regardless, it's a notable distinction.

~~~~~~~~

I love fluids. I love to drink them, shower in them, swim and paddle in them. Some of the evidence -

I love coffee, especially in the morning, but even sometimes later in the day, with some nice baked good....pastry, love pastry too (wrong topic). I love cold drinks on hot days - it is one of my favourite experiences, quenching my thirst with one of many fluids - a coke, juice, beer (yes!), even water. I also don't mind a nice "stiff" drink, maybe to warm me a bit on a cold winter's night. I love to drink.

At the height of my sports days, I showered about 2 times per day on average, for years! Now I'm more in the range of 1.5. That's a lot of showers in one's life. Showers are not only a cool way to clean oneself, but they also have a sort of medicinal effect......just feels good, and wakes me up quickly on a rushed morning. Baths are fine, and as for me, I like them more for those "medicinal features".....just need to soak in them for a while to make things a little more right.

I've been paddling competitively for about a dozen years. Took it up when my banged up ankle couldn't take any more running related stuff. Paddling is a very good way to stay in shape. And, it keeps me "grounded" (hmmmmmm), make that it puts me back in the water, sometimes as high as 3-4 days per week in the spring to fall period.

For me, there is little that compares to a walk along the beach on a beautiful evening. I find it amazingly peaceful to just admire the water flow, hear the waves as they reach the shore. The sound and the sight, under a perfect sunset, is hard to describe. The same goes for the tranquil effect of a creek, river, lake or ocean to soothe one's mind, and bring on sleep. It's all so comfortable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe it has to do with the way we come into this world, or due to the fact that we are very much fluid - in what we are, and maybe because of a number of other reasons....but we are definitely connected.

Time to take a ride, and walk another beach under an evening sky, before the fall turns to winter......sad to say, things are not as fluid up here in the northern prairies, in the cold of winter

CanDB, I LOVE your outlook on life, and your ability to take the things we may take for granted, and show how important these things are to our daily lives

I love water. I drink tea in the morning, and water throughout the day. I rarely drink soda, and drink coffee on the weekends. I do love water that has been crafted for long periods of time I like water that has had malted barley fermented in it, than distilled, and aged in barrells for years and years. Replace matled barley with agave, and same thing

My 3 year old likes nothing more than finding a body of water and chucking stuff into it. He'll do it for hours if allowed!

I LOVE playing on frozen water that falls from the sky and covers the mountains. It makes winter not just bearable, but exceedingly enjoyable

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
      CanDB, I LOVE your outlook on life, and your ability to take the things we may take for granted, and show how important these things are to our daily lives

I love water. I drink tea in the morning, and water throughout the day. I rarely drink soda, and drink coffee on the weekends. I do love water that has been crafted for long periods of time I like water that has had malted barley fermented in it, than distilled, and aged in barrells for years and years. Replace matled barley with agave, and same thing

My 3 year old likes nothing more than finding a body of water and chucking stuff into it. He'll do it for hours if allowed!

I LOVE playing on frozen water that falls from the sky and covers the mountains. It makes winter not just bearable, but exceedingly enjoyable
      Always a fan of your insights / experiences and views on matters.....and not to forget your humour, which ranks very high on my scale of things.

Comment

There is nothing like a nice, long shower, or a nice powerade/gatorade/water on a scorching day.
        There is also comfort in the sound of the ocean too.

I approve of this thread!
        sigpic

Comment

can you never cease to entertain with your deep thoughts i thought we were like 90% water? i love the creek running in my front yard for a soothing afternoon chill on the porch. and i own a tea house so i drink tea, iced darjeeling, all day. the way the air changes during a rain storm and the frozen forms of fluids are two of my favorites of all time. snow can calm me from just about anything.

if you saw 'what the bleep' the movie there was a reference to the work of dr. emoto. he studied the affects of different words and feelings on water. it is fascinating stuff. and if you can affect water molecules by the emotion you project at it, and our bodies are mostly water, imagine how our emotions and energy affect the people around us and them us. heres a link to his book, messages from water...http://www.life-enthusiast.com/twili...arch_emoto.htm

Comment

H2O ranks up there with the versatility of Carbon that makes life possible!

We are made up of:
            65% Oxygen
            18.5% Carbon
            9.5% Hydrogen
            3.3% Nitrogen

7 more elements make up 4%, and .01% is trace elements(such as metals)

You guys are full of gas

70% of the Brain is composed of water.
            90% of the Lungs are composed of water.
            83% of our Blood is water.

The lesson is, drink water to make sure your body in tip top condition!
            sigpic

Comment

You need to drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day...

so if you weigh 200 lbs.... you should drink 100oz of water a day

Comment

Waa-t'er ya talkin about?
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I agree. I love liquids as well. I don't like swimming in them or paddling in them like you do. But, I definately concur with drinking liquids. Coffee in the Morning = mmmm. Then, a few shots of vodka, Apfelkorn Schnapps, or some Tuaca - all of which strait. Only way I drink em'!

Plus, I absolutely LOVE Cranberry Juice.
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

I probably have 3 cups of coffee a year...

Comment

Liquid.

We haz it.

Along with a tornado warning.

Rain is good for my soul.

Tornado, not so much.
                      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                        Liquid.

We haz it.

Along with a tornado warning.

Rain is good for my soul.

Tornado, not so much.
                        you still there Peanut??????

I know you love the rain, but hopefully the warning was just that......
                        Last edited by Peanut; 11-11-2016, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          you still there Peanut??????

I know you love the rain, but hopefully the warning was just that......
                          Still here. No tornado. Just some wind.

Yes, I do love rain, but almost 9" in one day?!?

And, still coming down.

Parts of Annapolis and Baltimore are flooding. After spending $$$ last year, our basement remains dry.

I was going to apologize for going off-topic, but it is about liquids.
                          Last edited by Peanut; 11-11-2016, 10:24 PM.
                          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

If my pee is as orange as a broncos jersey, should I drink more water?
                            I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                            I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                            I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                            "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                            God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                            Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

My grandfather always loved fishing... as do I. I'd love nothing more than to own a sailboat. But that'll have to wait until I can afford one.

Until then, I can stand by the docks and release the day's stress.
                              Brock you like a hurricane!
                              sigpic
                              Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Working...
                              X