Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planet Found That Could Support Life

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I wonder if they have garlic?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Brancos View Post
      I wonder if they have garlic?
      I doubt they do, but they probably have BMW's as they are the greatest evar.

      Comment


      • #18
        and bagels...


        we can ask kim kardashian if we can jump on her booty to reach said planet....


        probably overshoot it...

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
          I doubt they do, but they probably have BMW's as they are the greatest evar.
          BMW's are good if you like to waste your money and lose to Mercedes.

          Comment


          • #20
            Awww I want to live on the moon

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
              http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...CI.New.Earths/

              Interesting Stuff Huh?

              I wonder if there's an Alien Denver Broncos I can root for there?
              Yeah, I read about this, I've read a lot about Goldilocks zones.
              Is there life on it? Maybe, will we know, nope, not anytime soon.
              Glise has been making a name for itself this year, this is like the 3rd or 4th story I've read this year involving it.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

              Comment


              • #22
                The planet circles a star called Gliese 581. It's about 120 trillion miles away, so it would take several generations for a spaceship to get there. It may seem like a long distance, but in the scheme of the vast universe, this planet is "like right in our face, right next door to us," Vogt said in an interview.
                A constant acceleration of 1 g, equivalent to free falling in a room with no air and by no means harmful to our body, would give us 77 percent of light speed in a single year. The planet is 20 light years away and with 77 percent of light speed in one year, it will take 26 years to get there.

                The speed of light is 300,000 km/s (a bit less, but approximately).
                300000*630720000 = 189216000000000 (km) / 113529600000000 (miles)

                Why the article says 120 trillion miles, I don't know, but it's incorrect.
                Adopted Poster
                AZ Snake Fan

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                  A constant acceleration of 1 g, equivalent to free falling in a room with no air and by no means harmful to our body, would give us 77 percent of light speed in a single year. The planet is 20 light years away and with 77 percent of light speed in one year, it will take 26 years to get there.

                  The speed of light is 300,000 km/s (a bit less, but approximately).
                  300000*630720000 = 189216000000000 (km) / 113529600000000 (miles)

                  Why the article says 120 trillion miles, I don't know, but it's incorrect.
                  Because, if they said the way u said it, nobody would care. The internet loves to put stuff into more simple words. Especially since Yahoo first reported it, n everyone knows Yahoo can be incorrect sometimes.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    Because, if they said the way u said it, nobody would care. The internet loves to put stuff into more simple words. Especially since Yahoo first reported it, n everyone knows Yahoo can be incorrect sometimes.
                    They don't need to put it that way, that's not the point. It's a big difference though, Yahoo or not.
                    Adopted Poster
                    AZ Snake Fan

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by UrbanBounca View Post
                      It makes you wonder if, just if, there is another planet full of people like us out there somewhere.
                      If using the knowledge we've gained from the Murchison meteorite, the chance of a little Earthling clone wandering around somewhere else in our Universe is certainly there. No less than 53 different (!) amino acids were found, far more than our Earthly life consists of.

                      This may also lead us to believe that it's universally common for carbon to organize in amino acid. If this theory holds true, which I believe it will indeed, it's certain there is life elsewhere in our Universe.

                      Gliese 581g could very well be one planet, even if just for microbes. Still, nothing short of sensational.
                      Adopted Poster
                      AZ Snake Fan

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                        They don't need to put it that way, that's not the point. It's a big difference though, Yahoo or not.
                        It's only a big diff to people like us, whom are astronomy followers/lover.
                        To everyone else, either way it's just a far place.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Isn't that planet also tidally locked to the sun so, technically speaking, the sun never sets?
                          Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Vhailor View Post
                            Isn't that planet also tidally locked to the sun so, technically speaking, the sun never sets?
                            And it doesn't rotate much, so one side is almost always bright, the other dark.
                            It must rotate a little, you'd have to farm in the bright part of the rotations, instead of seasons lol.
                            sigpic


                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                              It must rotate a little, you'd have to farm in the bright part of the rotations, instead of seasons lol.
                              Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure how I missed it.
                              Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                We shouldn't investigate.

                                The Covenant are out there.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X