Prayers please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers please.

I don't post much.......mostly a lurker. I know some of you on a personal level and others I know from years of conversation on this forum. Some of you know my story most don't. I lost my parents withing a ten month span when I was 21. It took me years to put the pieces back together but with the love of a fabulous woman and her family I finally felt God put me at peace and my life was going to play out like I always hoped it would. Over the last several months my wife has been suffering from fatigue and other flu like symptoms and slow a bulge in her neck started to appear. She went in several weeks ago and it tuns out there was a problem with her Thyroid. After a battery of tests and an ultra sound it was discovered there is a mass in her neck and a biopsy was ordered. We went in today and it was a very invasive and painful procedure for her. No answers, lots of questions and when the pathologist came in to make sure the samples were adaquet she looked at the nurse and asked "How old is she" in a tone that was less than comfortable to me. We won't have the results back for 3-5 days and that is just killing me. I got my wife home and got her in bed and have been sturring ever since. My nerves are shot and I just poured myself a glass of scotch. I can't get the "C" word out of my head. My wife and I are 36, have a 17 month old daughter and have been married for five years. I don't know if I could handle it if anything happend to her....I really don't. I've lost enough loved ones in my life. Please, if you believe in God pray for her. Perhaps I'm over reacting but this is bringing back some bad memmories and old feelings. I know it's premature but I'm totally freaking out. I can't express this to her as I don't want to add anymore stress to the situation. She tried to talk about the what if's today and I got angry.....not at her but just the thought. I'm scared, I don't know that I've ever felt real fear before. I just want to get in my truck and drive....a long drive to nowhere....if that makes any sense.

Not sure why I posted this here but I don't feel like talking to my friends or brother about my feelings on this....maybe because we don't know anything yet....I don't know......Please, just add her to your prayers if you say them. Her name is Michelle.
    BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS

I'll get the word to my spiritual friends and will definitly keep this in prayer for you. My heart goes out to your situation, if you get the chance keep us updated I'd like to know how everything turns out

Comment

Your wife, you, and your family will be in my prayers.

Comment

Aloha Dimihorn, Well first and foremost i would like to send out a prayer to you guys. My mom had a problem with her thyroid awhile ago. We did not notice for sometime, But here are some symptoms that she showed. Loss of appetite, Loss of weight, Loss of memory etc. . She now takes a pill to help her control the overactive thyroid. I had a quick talk with my mom and she said that it sounds like it is your wife problem is Goiter. Here is a link that i hope will help. We will keep you in our prayers bro. Mahalo and may GOD bless you and yours.

http://www.endocrineweb.com/conditio...thyroid-goiter
        HE>i

Comment

My thoughts are with your family in this difficult time.

My buddy in the Marines had quite a large lump on his thyroid. He went through the same thing, getting several biopsies, eventually they just took his thyroid out. He now has to take some pills to do what his thyroid use to.

I had to go through several radiation tests last year because my VA doctor felt my thyroid to be a little large. They found pollips but said they wouldn't do anything, just keep an eye on it.

Thyroids produce Hormones that regulate body temperature, make energy, and assist other organs to function properly. While important, they can do the same things with pills now, hopfully thats all it is, stay positive as much as you can!
          sigpic

Comment

You and your wife are in my prayers.

Comment

I'm very sorry about what you and your family is going through. I will pray for you.
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I hope all will be well. Keep us posted.

Comment

My prayers are with you and your wife. I hope things turn out to be ok. Stay strong for her and your daughter and stay positive. They need your strength now more than ever.
                  sigpic

Comment

I will have you and your wife in my prayers,i hope things work out for her.You been through a lot and deserves to have a good life.Romans 10:13 Psalms 83:18
                    Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 10-01-2010, 08:59 AM.

Comment

You and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers.

You have mail (PM).
                      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by DimiHorn View Post
                        I don't post much.......mostly a lurker. I know some of you on a personal level and others I know from years of conversation on this forum. Some of you know my story most don't. I lost my parents withing a ten month span when I was 21. It took me years to put the pieces back together but with the love of a fabulous woman and her family I finally felt God put me at peace and my life was going to play out like I always hoped it would. Over the last several months my wife has been suffering from fatigue and other flu like symptoms and slow a bulge in her neck started to appear. She went in several weeks ago and it tuns out there was a problem with her Thyroid. After a battery of tests and an ultra sound it was discovered there is a mass in her neck and a biopsy was ordered. We went in today and it was a very invasive and painful procedure for her. No answers, lots of questions and when the pathologist came in to make sure the samples were adaquet she looked at the nurse and asked "How old is she" in a tone that was less than comfortable to me. We won't have the results back for 3-5 days and that is just killing me. I got my wife home and got her in bed and have been sturring ever since. My nerves are shot and I just poured myself a glass of scotch. I can't get the "C" word out of my head. My wife and I are 36, have a 17 month old daughter and have been married for five years. I don't know if I could handle it if anything happend to her....I really don't. I've lost enough loved ones in my life. Please, if you believe in God pray for her. Perhaps I'm over reacting but this is bringing back some bad memmories and old feelings. I know it's premature but I'm totally freaking out. I can't express this to her as I don't want to add anymore stress to the situation. She tried to talk about the what if's today and I got angry.....not at her but just the thought. I'm scared, I don't know that I've ever felt real fear before. I just want to get in my truck and drive....a long drive to nowhere....if that makes any sense.

Not sure why I posted this here but I don't feel like talking to my friends or brother about my feelings on this....maybe because we don't know anything yet....I don't know......Please, just add her to your prayers if you say them. Her name is Michelle.
                        it does make sense....im sorry for ya...and I hope things look up for u guys....I will keep u in my prayers tonight...

sigpic

Comment

Rom. 8:28

Be praying for ya
                          I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                          I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                          I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                          "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                          God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                          Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

Done. Keep us updated.

Comment

Prayers sent you're way.

sigpic
                              Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Working...
                              X