My wallet was stolen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wallet was stolen...

As usual I went to the gym after work. Put my stuff in the locker and worked out. Came back and my jeans and shoes were gone!!!

My wallet and keys were stolen so I had to have my car towed and I canceled my visa card. ( They still let me order another Broncos one!)

Still it kinda blows to have your personal belongings stolen from you. First time too

P.S. I blame McDaniels

That stinks.

I think Orton was Coach McDaniels' look out.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

I lost my wallet once (never returned) and was broken into at the gym once years ago.......and the bums not only took my wallet, but my prized baseball jacket from a team I used to play for. Why take the jacket???? Why take the wallet.........of course.

Yes, both times having to cancel and re-order all the cards and valuables is a dang shame, not to mention the anger and strange feeling of someone taking your property.

Since those days, we've been broken into once (that is a bigger kick in the butt!!) and I lost my identity through corporate thieves, which impacted 1000 or more employees.

These things are quite traumatic, and luckily they have taken place over many years of my long life.

Not sure of how things work there, but typically you should advise the credit/financial companies, and they will watch out for threats to your accounts (sounds like you have).

Comment

bummer man.

I never bring my wallet to the gym. I only have my license and 1 low limit CC (incase i need gas or something or a drink, whatever) and my gym pass.
        But I never take them in with me. I hide all of them in my secret hiding spot in my car. Same with my keys. I take off the remote clicker thingy and put that in my pocket, lock everything else in the car.

That keeps those bums from stealing my stuff in the gym. Go ahead take my clothes if you want, that all theyll get. They could break into my car, but they would have to literally tear it apart to find where I hide my keys and CC. I am sure the alarm would scare them away before that came to fruition.
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
          bummer man.

I never bring my wallet to the gym. I only have my license and 1 low limit CC (incase i need gas or something or a drink, whatever) and my gym pass.
          But I never take them in with me. I hide all of them in my secret hiding spot in my car. Same with my keys. I take off the remote clicker thingy and put that in my pocket, lock everything else in the car.

That keeps those bums from stealing my stuff in the gym. Go ahead take my clothes if you want, that all theyll get. They could break into my car, but they would have to literally tear it apart to find where I hide my keys and CC. I am sure the alarm would scare them away before that came to fruition.
          You are right on with the gym stuff........I NEVER BRING MY WALLET IN THERE ANYMORE! I still can't believe some hoods actually chopped off my lock in near broad daylight, and in a usually busy locker room!!!

Comment

Yea I've gotten everything take care of. I called pop-a-lock (Good company and great people btw) and they sent someone to make a working key for my car for $125.

And from now on I'll probably keep my wallet in my car and my key in pocket.

Comment

Yeah that sucks man, but I feel your pain.

I don't know why, but the thought and feeling of someone else having YOUR stuff, that you spent YOUR money on just keeps you up all night, and it just sucks when you think about it some more..

Especially when there's a sentimental thing going on.. it's just a bad feeling, that's hard to describe..

It's not that bad when you lost something because you have a 50/50 of getting it back, but when someone steals your stuff it's just a bad experience all together, I can't really put it into words right.

I always keep my wallet at home if I go to workout, or in the car of course, which isn't very safe in today's world either..
              Last edited by Amari24; 10-13-2010, 06:16 PM.

Comment

I thought for sure this thread was going to be the joke about the two hot girls who steal the wallet from guys at Home Depot!!!

Anyway, sorry to hear that man. I had my wallet stolen by a team mate of mine back in HS. I could never prove it, but he got caught stealing numerous things from other guys on my team and he was the only one in the locker room at the time it went missing.

Comment

was your visa the only card you had?

and ya dude that sucks...
                  sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                  Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Working...
                  X