Working Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Out

Ughhh I just finished biceps, triceps, shoulders, stomach and chest and I can barely lift my arms above my head!!!! Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how Broncos players stand this LOL. (Except that they condition everyday and I do it every other day just about.)

Any advice? It hurts so bad, and I've done plenty of stretching. I'm trying to get a six pack for the ladies. Great way to end a date at the end of the day, by showing off some muscle. I think Men's Magazine said Tim Tebow is able to lift some 400 lbs. Wow, I now realize even more so how strong he is. I need all the advice I can get because I don't want to die even more in the morning. (Thanks)!
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Screw the workout and showing off the abs after a date.

Just get her drunk and she won't notice nor care.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Seriously though, just keep moving the muscles. Don't just plop on the couch. Keep mobile and active. Being sore means it's working.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
        Screw the workout and showing off the abs after a date.

Just get her drunk and she won't notice nor care.
        Good idea, I'll take :orton: along too and give them both a bottle of the good stuff. (There we go found a great pic now)!!
        sigpic

Comment

The fact that you're in a lot of pain right now means it's working. Think of it as your muscles breaking down only to rebuild themselves much stronger than before. That's the concept behind exercise.

Stretch and walk around for a few minutes and just try and find a way to cope with the pain. It'll be around for the first 2-3 weeks and then the more your body gets used to the regiment, along with the muscle and strength you add, the less you'll feel pain afterwards.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
            Seriously though, just keep moving the muscles. Don't just plop on the couch. Keep mobile and active. Being sore means it's working.
            Dude, I don't think I can get up and move at all. I'm on the couch doing hw and if I move I think my bones will just fall apart. *Gets up to stretch while complaining*.
            sigpic

Comment

Don't eat junk food and you won't get cramped up and sore.

I used to get all cramped up and sore the next day but lately it's gotten way easier to recover as the body gets used to it and has the proper nutrient stores.

Also start running, that will help train your muscles to recover and last longer. Also will allow you to create more energy more efficiently. And it will get your resting heart rate down to a healthy 55bpm!!!

I remember that quote by buzz aldrin again... I know jet loves it but its sooo wrong... "I believe that everybody has a finite number of heart beats, and I'm not about to waste mine exercising"... something like that...

but exercising takes your resting heart rate from 80-90 to sub 60... meaning your heart has to do less work to pump the same amount of blood in a minute. Your hearts muscle grows in other words.

Do you eat power bars before and after workouts? Do you drink soda?

edit: oh and if you don't stretch before exercise and during exercise and after exercise, you'll be like those huge guys that can't even wipe their own you know whats due to limited range of motion

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                Don't eat junk food and you won't get cramped up and sore.

I used to get all cramped up and sore the next day but lately it's gotten way easier to recover as the body gets used to it and has the proper nutrient stores.

Also start running, that will help train your muscles to recover and last longer. Also will allow you to create more energy more efficiently. And it will get your resting heart rate down to a healthy 55bpm!!!

I remember that quote by buzz aldrin again... I know jet loves it but its sooo wrong... "I believe that everybody has a finite number of heart beats, and I'm not about to waste mine exercising"... something like that...

but exercising takes your resting heart rate from 80-90 to sub 60... meaning your heart has to do less work to pump the same amount of blood in a minute. Your hearts muscle grows in other words.

Do you eat power bars before and after workouts? Do you drink soda?

edit: oh and if you don't stretch before exercise and during exercise and after exercise, you'll be like those huge guys that can't even wipe their own you know whats due to limited range of motion
                Yah time improves everything and like my friend told me I'm going to have to be doing running on my own. Funnily enough....I love soda. I love coke, pepsi, ORANGE CRUSH and all other kinds of soda. I sometimes have a soda and then 2-3 hrs later go and work out. I don't know about those energy bars/energy drink-protein drinks primarily because I'm entirely allergic to milk.

Exercising for me helps me clear my mind and think better. I don't think exercising is a waste of time at all. Like you said it really slows the rate of your heart down so there is not nearly as much pressure on it, and for someone like me who has had their chest ripped open surgically and their heart operated on exercise is great.
                sigpic

Comment

You should actually drink water and not soda especially right after or during a workout.

If you're that sore, you did too much at once. Learn moderation and you won't feel like this.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah I meant to say "don't drink any soda at all ever"

I probably have a single can per week...

Most of what i drink is water, some gatorade, and very little iced tea.

about the lactose intolerance, you should get protein bars, not those muscle milk crap... protein bars will replenish your bodies stores and prepare for exercise, or recover from exercise.

Also, don't push it... you're in no hurry to get muscled up... take your time and build up to it, rather than pushing it and pushing it.

Comment

I haven't posted in a few weeks, but saw this and thought I should throw my input in. I actually got my Bachelors in health and exercise science, and have worked for a D-1 school's strength and conditioning weight room with the basketball and football teams. (Just thought I'd validate some of the stuff I say, haha!)

It sounds like you overdid your workout. You really have to gradually work your muscles into a hard workout. You wouldn't run a marathon without training for it, right? Slow down, and gradually work your way into doing higher number of exercises, sets, and weight. Its so easy to get overly ambitious when you first start, but doing that can cause injury, or make you give up pretty easy.

What's your workout schedule like? What I mean is, what days do you lift what muscles? how many sets of each muscle group, How do you decide which lift happens in which order, What are your goals, etc? I just want to make sure you're being safe Nothing is worse than getting injured when you're trying to make yourself better. How you do all of this can really help/hurt your progress.

Oh I guess i should ACTUALLY answer what you came here for. Hahaha. Basically if you're first starting, you'll be most sore on the 2nd and 3rd day after a tough weight session (delayed onset muscle soreness). What's happening is hydrogen ions are stuck in the muscle, and the only way to have them removed is time, and increasing blood flow to get them away from the muscle. Move them, stretch, move them some more... and rest!

I hope this helps. If you ever have any questions on how to build a good program for your goals, give me a PM. I'm more than willing to help anytime.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks Blondie79!
                      All aboard the TEBOW TRAIN... since 2006!
                      Team Tebow #15

Adopted NFL Player:
                      "Oh Mercy"PERCY HARVIN

Comment

Post work-out recovery drinks(protein) and stretching.And if you are so inclined smoking a little weed can help too.
                        I really like Cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by darth-hideous View Post
                          Post work-out recovery drinks(protein) and stretching.And if you are so inclined smoking a little weed can help too.

Wow, please tell me you are not serious here. If so I may have to add you to my ignore list. I despise marijuana and would write thread after thread about how many of my friends lives it's ruined but I'll save it for the LR.

@GC

Workout Schedule (Ideally assuming school doesn't go stupid on me and give me tons of work and I don't go butt lazy.)

Monday

Abs
                          Chest
                          Triceps
                          Biceps
                          (Running/Walking if I have time).

Wednesday

Abs
                          Pushups (Diamonds/Triangles)
                          Triceps
                          Biceps
                          Quads
                          Squat jumps

Friday
                          Abs
                          Pushups
                          Triceps
                          Leg lifts
                          Firemans

Sunday
                          All of the above plus added weight (Assuming I don't spend the day at Old Chicago with unlimited pizza buffet and nomnomnomnomononmom )

Other exercises: Running until I have to limp home trying to lose this durned stomach

Bar lifting, but not so much anymore because my friend's basement is too crowded LOL.
                          sigpic

Comment

Im not certified or a doctor or anything fancy, but I've read a lot of Men's Health, Muscle and Fitness, health site stories and stuff over the last 5- 6 years.

Workouts come and go. Diets come and go. I've found the "routine" that worked best for me was a split full body type. Meaning, day one; all push type exercises(bence, tricep, squat, shoulder press, calf extension, etc, anything that makes you push). On the 2nd day to do "pull" type(bicep work, lat pull stuff, seated row, leg curls, anything that makes you pull). Keep it mixed up though. If you do the same routine over and over your body get's used to it and adapts and you don't get the same results. Keep working the same muscles, but after 2- 3 weeks find other exercises to work that muscle. Keep your body guessing.

I don't know the term, but there are three muscle groups that can be worked everyday, your calves, abs and triceps(but no need to work them so often if you have a good routine). I'll edit the term back in if I can remember it.

Legs are the biggest muscle group in your body, so if your goal is to burn the fat, work the legs and get them bigger because quite simply, bigger muscles burn more fat.

Always do weights first followed by cardio. It's a matter of how your body uses the fat reserves as energy as opposed to burning fat. The most efficient way is weights first to break down and heal the muscle, then cardio for the burn. Check into HIIT for your cardio(high intensity interval training). And, if/when you do do(I said do-do) your cardio if does the body ZERO good to go longer then 40- 45 minutes. There are studies that show that much longer then that 40- 45 minutes of cardio actually starts in diminishing to negative results. And what you want is all positive results.

And last thing I've seen that has been consistant, supplements help!! A good protein powder and creatine are all you should need. The potein more so if you can't afford both. If creatine, not anything fancy. You need just a creatine monohydrate powder that can be mixed into any beverage, even into your post workout drink(simple gatorade will suffice). Do some research on the creatine though. I know there is a "creapure" that seems to be the most pure and simple form of it and shouldn't be all that expensive.

Goo luck!
                            Last edited by ebsoria; 11-13-2010, 05:34 PM.
                            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Pain

It gets better. If you havn't worked out in a while it will hurt. It gets better as you work out more. Trust me. Remember the pain is there to remind you that you are alive, haha.

If you are doing cardio drinking tonic water after prevents the cramps. Something in the water prevents it.

Time is the only thing that is going to make you feel good right now. You tore your muscles and they are healing themselves.

Keep it up. I gotta back into it too. Getting married in March and the wife to be is in wedding dress weight loss frenzy and now has turned to me to jion in the weight loss. YUK.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X