Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
    that's a photo shoped pic of jay cutler
    lol, you can't just throw that name around without being more specific...

but anyones thats ever googled his name knows who it is

Comment

Originally posted by D_Broncs_913 View Post
      If im trying to drop body fat is running for a mile everyday cool? I started last week and I'm going to keep increasing the distance. I'm looking to get toned so isn't more about the amount of reps I do?
      1 mile is better than 0 miles for sure, but 1 mile seems a little short.

Yes, to get toned the more reps you do the more your muscle endurance increases.

for instance, for strength training you do 4-5 sets of 7-12 reps and by the end of it you should not be able to do any more..

for endurance you should do like 2-3 sets of 20-25 reps of less weight...

about the running though, i'd recommend doing it like this to help:

run .5 miles (about 4-5 minutes) then walk for 5 minutes then run for 5 minutes then walk for 5 minutes, and so on till you are so far from home you have to run back in a panic.

lol just kidding about the last part.

30 minutes should be good though.

You can even increase your walking time gradually, or decrease running time gradually.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatorgirl View Post
        did you win?
        I won a pneumatic door closer.

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
          1 mile is better than 0 miles for sure, but 1 mile seems a little short.

Yes, to get toned the more reps you do the more your muscle endurance increases.

for instance, for strength training you do 4-5 sets of 7-12 reps and by the end of it you should not be able to do any more..

for endurance you should do like 2-3 sets of 20-25 reps of less weight...

about the running though, i'd recommend doing it like this to help:

run .5 miles (about 4-5 minutes) then walk for 5 minutes then run for 5 minutes then walk for 5 minutes, and so on till you are so far from home you have to run back in a panic.

lol just kidding about the last part.

30 minutes should be good though.

You can even increase your walking time gradually, or decrease running time gradually.
          I ran -2 miles up left.

Comment

Don't eat junk food and you won't get cramped up and sore.

I used to get all cramped up and sore the next day but lately it's gotten way easier to recover as the body gets used to it and has the proper nutrient stores.
            Being dehydrated will cramp you up more than eating cheetos. Drink lots of water and the soreness, cramps, and headaches will be minimized considerably.

Also start running, that will help train your muscles to recover and last longer. Also will allow you to create more energy more efficiently. And it will get your resting heart rate down to a healthy 55bpm!!!
            Meh, my resting heart rate is around the mid 50's and I rarely do any serious cardio. Maybe I'm just blessed with a strong chest thumper.

edit: oh and if you don't stretch before exercise and during exercise and after exercise, you'll be like those huge guys that can't even wipe their own you know whats due to limited range of motion
            And more importantly, it'll help avoid injury. Nothing like getting into a routine, just to have to abandon it because you pulled a muscle.

Sticking to the routine, time, water, stretching, and an anti inflammatory like ibuprofen every once in a while (read don't make a habit of it) and you'll be good to go.

Also, and this really works for me, it may or may not for you, but a soak in hot water with epsom salt helps too. Your body actually absorbs magnesium through your skin as well or better than your stomach, and epsom salt is just hydrated magnesium sulfate. Magnesium is really good for you and can help ease muscle aches and pains, and has other health benefits too, like the prevention of heart disease, stroke, osteoporosis, arthritis and joint pain, digestive maladies, stress-related illnesses, chronic fatigue and a number of other ailments. It's not some kind of pseudo science holistic mubo jumo either, it really is legit.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
              Ughhh I just finished biceps, triceps, shoulders, stomach and chest and I can barely lift my arms above my head!!!! Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how Broncos players stand this LOL. (Except that they condition everyday and I do it every other day just about.)

Any advice? It hurts so bad, and I've done plenty of stretching. I'm trying to get a six pack for the ladies. Great way to end a date at the end of the day, by showing off some muscle. I think Men's Magazine said Tim Tebow is able to lift some 400 lbs. Wow, I now realize even more so how strong he is. I need all the advice I can get because I don't want to die even more in the morning. (Thanks)!
              Don't forget that protein is your friend!

Your muscles are living breathing tissue who need to be fed!
              Now go get your shine box

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                Don't forget that protein is your friend!

Your muscles are living breathing tissue who need to be fed!

Originally posted by Brancos View Post
                I ran -2 miles, up left.
                I can't run backwards for 2 miles, so, props...

but why did up leave?

Comment

Originally posted by D_Broncs_913 View Post
                  If im trying to drop body fat is running for a mile everyday cool? I started last week and I'm going to keep increasing the distance. I'm looking to get toned so isn't more about the amount of reps I do?
                  Thats kind of a myth actually. Body fat is what matters when trying to looked toned. How you workout, such as: heart rate zone, types of lifts, effort put into lifts, time between sets, etc. are what are going to help you drop body fat. But the most important thing is diet. You can lift all you want, and without the proper diet you wont lose body fat. In order to cut body fat, you need to have a caloric deficit. In order to gain muscle, you need to have a caloric gain on top of what you burn each day. You can't gain muscle and lose body fat at the same time. (Well technically you can, but only when you're first starting to lift. It goes away very quickly, haha).

A lot of people do cycles. Start with a bulking cycle where they lift for size, and eat eat eat. Once they've gained a certain amount of weight they will start to cut. In this phase you exercise to drop body fat, while go into a small caloric deficit in order to lose the body fat gained in the bulking phase. That way you get the muscle mass, and also drop the body fat. It takes some time to get to where you want to be, but any exercise routine will be that way.

Running your mile is awesome. Keep pushing yourself everytime you workout. Whether it's distance, time, amount of weight, or reps. That's what gets you the improvements you're looking for.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks Blondie79!
                  All aboard the TEBOW TRAIN... since 2006!
                  Team Tebow #15

Adopted NFL Player:
                  "Oh Mercy"PERCY HARVIN

Comment

Originally posted by GatorChomp View Post
                    Thats kind of a myth actually. Body fat is what matters when trying to looked toned. How you workout, such as: heart rate zone, types of lifts, effort put into lifts, time between sets, etc. are what are going to help you drop body fat.
                    well, from what i understood, he (and bF!) aren't lifting weights to lose weight. They are doing it to train their muscles. And its no myth that less weight and more reps increases muscular endurance. It is actually very very proven fact.

Originally posted by GatorChomp View Post
                    But the most important thing is diet. You can lift all you want, and without the proper diet you wont lose body fat. In order to cut body fat, you need to have a caloric deficit. In order to gain muscle, you need to have a caloric gain on top of what you burn each day. You can't gain muscle and lose body fat at the same time. (Well technically you can, but only when you're first starting to lift. It goes away very quickly, haha).
                    Again, people who are trying to lose weight should not be lifting weights to accomplish that goal. Lifting weights does nothing to burn your fat (little to nothing). Reason being because you aren't using aerobic respiration which breaks down fats to provide the energy for the muscles.

Comment

well, from what i understood, he (and bF!) aren't lifting weights to lose weight. They are doing it to train their muscles. And its no myth that less weight and more reps increases muscular endurance. It is actually very very proven fact.

Again, people who are trying to lose weight should not be lifting weights to accomplish that goal. Lifting weights does nothing to burn your fat (little to nothing). Reason being because you aren't using aerobic respiration which breaks down fats to provide the energy for the muscles.
                      1st part: What you say is completely true. I meant that muscular endurance doesn't = becoming more toned. Low weight high reps does increase muscular endurance, but it's the small amounts of body fat that allow you to see tone. I think I just posted it in a confusing manner. My bad.

2nd part: What you say is is true also, depending on what type of lifting you are doing. Your muscles can reach an aerobic zone. If you are doing more of a power lifting routine, your muscles will be working anaerobically and fat burning will be minimal, like you said. While, if you are doing more muscular endurance work your muscles will be working aerobically. It is completely possible to burn fat through lifting weights. You have to take resting phases, heart rate zones, types of lifting, duration of exercises and a few other things into account. There have actually been studies showing that lifting weights in the correct program can burn more calories and fat than traditional cardiovascular exercises. But like I said, you have to have a specific program that not many people can put together themselves. Either way, he's not training for that, so it doesn't really matter. Haha.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks Blondie79!
                      All aboard the TEBOW TRAIN... since 2006!
                      Team Tebow #15

Adopted NFL Player:
                      "Oh Mercy"PERCY HARVIN

Comment

Working...
                      X