Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
    710???????????????
    do they have a 711????????

y did u put 710?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky The Sun Devil View Post
      do they have a 711????????

y did u put 710?
      A few days ago I was having some work done at my local garage. A blonde came in and asked for a seven-hundred-ten.

We all looked at each other, and another customer asked, "What is a seven-hundred-ten?"

She replied, "You know, the little piece in the middle of the engine. I lost it and need a new one. It had always been there."

The mechanic gave the blonde a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to draw what the piece looked like. She drew a circle and in the middle of it wrote 710.

He then took her over to another car which had the hood up and asked, "Is there a 710 on this car?"

She pointed and said, "Of course, it's right there."

Comment

A few days ago I was having some work done at my local garage. A blonde came in and asked for a seven-hundred-ten.

We all looked at each other, and another customer asked, "What is a seven-hundred-ten?"

She replied, "You know, the little piece in the middle of the engine. I lost it and need a new one. It had always been there."

The mechanic gave the blonde a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to draw what the piece looked like. She drew a circle and in the middle of it wrote 710.

He then took her over to another car which had the hood up and asked, "Is there a 710 on this car?"

How would she drive with no oil cap?

Comment

I guess it would depends on the car....

Comment

but usually there would be oil all over the engine bay.

Also I don't see how not being able to edit posts while on probation is part of the punishment...

Comment

Speaking of aliens...

i present to you, brancos.

:paper:

edit: (yes i can do that), can someone tell me who the heck that is that disturbs this man from his newspaper?? and what significance that has.... I'm suspecting that its brancos

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
                  How is it an alien planet if they can't see Alien life on it?

How do they know there are Aliens there?

9 Billion years ago? lol

Sorry I don't believe in evolution.

This planet hasn't even been around 1 million years, or anything close to it.

Not here to debate it either. It's the wrong forum and this will turn religious very fast.
                  the planet is alien to the Milky Way Galaxy as it came from another galaxy

but i'm with you on most of that stuff too. but i also love science/astronomy etc.

Speaking of aliens...

edit: (yes i can do that), can someone tell me who the heck that is that disturbs this man from his newspaper?? and what significance that has.... I'm suspecting that its brancos
                  you're obviously not married....

as to the original article:

i was going to be really uninterested in this bit of news as it's nothing new that we've been finding other planets milling about the galaxy, until the part where it came from ANOTHER galaxy that ours is nibbling away at.

that is pretty intriguing. what interests me in all this is that when galaxies collide, how much of an effect can that have on systems? it seems like this planet and its system have been relatively undisturbed by the collision.

since we know that the Milky Way and Andromeda are on such a collision course, what would the effects be? would there be any? other than just the mixing of solar systems, stars and planets? i think maybe the biggest threat would be bringing more black holes into play when combining galaxies...

say if Andromeda had a black hole and happened to collide with our galaxy in such a way that it invaded our own Solar System, we'd be toast. but then again, we have enough black holes closer to us to worry about....if at all.

or maybe an increased level of gamma burst or eruptions that could be thrown across open space and hit us...

*shrugs* who knows.
                  sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Speaking of aliens...

How did you edit this post without editing it. Unless you did the hidden editing trick that I use often (when I am able to edit posts) to make it look like I knew what I was talking about the first time. Kind of like when you are refilling the picture in the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Brancos View Post
                      but usually there would be oil all over the engine bay.

Also I don't see how not being able to edit posts while on probation is part of the punishment...
                      It's because if someone is on probation, there's usually a reason - albeit yours was an unfortunate circumstance and I can honestly say I don't believe you did anything "wrong" or with ill-intent.

Thanks for taking it like a man, by the way. Many would do well to emulate your testicular fortitude and just get on with their lives like you do.

Anyway, normally when a person is on probation it's because they're kind of a turd. For that reason, we want to make it easier for the mods to either see things or be made aware of issues - and by default someone that's on probation has automatically made it clear that they might need to be checked up on.

So we disallow editing for probates because it makes it easier for them to cover their tracks.

Consider it the Internet version of an ankle bracelet.

Comment

Gas giants put me to sleep. Yeah Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, etc. are all unique in their own way, but seriously, is that all there is out there? Heck even a Mars like planet would be something new.

Comment

Originally posted by Brancos View Post
                          How did you edit this post without editing it. Unless you did the hidden editing trick that I use often (when I am able to edit posts) to make it look like I knew what I was talking about the first time. Kind of like when you are refilling the picture in the screen.
                          It's because i'm awesome.

edit: and great

edit2: and just awesome...

edit3: yep its 5 minutes on the dot
                          Last edited by 12and4; 11-19-2010, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                            It's because if someone is on probation, there's usually a reason - albeit yours was an unfortunate circumstance and I can honestly say I don't believe you did anything "wrong" or with ill-intent.

Thanks for taking it like a man, by the way. Many would do well to emulate your testicular fortitude and just get on with their lives like you do.

Anyway, normally when a person is on probation it's because they're kind of a turd. For that reason, we want to make it easier for the mods to either see things or be made aware of issues - and by default someone that's on probation has automatically made it clear that they might need to be checked up on.

So we disallow editing for probates because it makes it easier for them to cover their tracks.

Consider it the Internet version of an ankle bracelet.
                            Thank you.

That makes sense. After I posted that third post I realized I meant to say "why" and not "how" but I didn't want to make a fourth post in a row.

Comment

Working...
                            X