Ok am I wierd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok am I wierd?

I'm 22 and honestly only had about 5 alcoholic drinks in my life. I guess I just don't see what the big deal is with drinking and making yourself look like an idiot. Turning 21 was just another day for me lol. Anyone else like this?
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    I'm 22 and honestly only had about 5 alcoholic drinks in my life. I guess I just don't see what the big deal is with drinking and making yourself look like an idiot. Turning 21 was just another day for me lol. Anyone else like this?
    You don't always have to make yourself look like an idiot.
    Drinking moderately while dancing at a club with a hot lady is quite fun lemme tell ya.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm kinda sorta the same way. I don't need alcohol to feel better, i'm very energetic and not shy around others. I can have as much fun without alcohol than with alcohol...

but i have been to certain parties where if you aren't drunk there's not much else to do, and that just sounds idiotic but it happens...

If you don't need alcohol to have a great time, don't drink. Some people need it... Others enjoy it... others just try to fit in.

Comment

It's a personal choice. But just because someone chooses to have a drink, doesn't mean they're going to act like an idiot.

That's called over-indulgence, or binge drinking, and not everyone does it.

Personally, I like beer and scotch, and drink them on a regular basis, but it's been years since I was silly drunk. I enjoy them because I like the taste. Always have.

"Everything in moderation." That's my creed. My motto. My creedo, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
          It's a personal choice. But just because someone chooses to have a drink, doesn't mean they're going to act like an idiot.

That's called over-indulgence, or binge drinking, and not everyone does it.

Personally, I like beer and scotch, and drink them on a regular basis, but it's been years since I was silly drunk. I enjoy them because I like the taste. Always have.

"Everything in moderation." That's my creed. My motto. My creedo, if you will.
          Yup. I agree 100%. Ill get a lttle buzzed, but its been years since I've been really drunk.

And no, you're not weird. Drinking isn't a requirement for happiness, in fact, it can cause a lot of misery if not kept in check.

So if you don't want to drink, then don't. It's perfectly ok.

Comment

Don't see how that makes you weird, it's a personal choice and I'm sure your friends respect that. Also, drinking doesn't necessarily make you look like an idiot. If anything, it's all about your personality and control of your own mental state. With a few exceptions, most I know drink responsibly.

I am by no means a raging alcoholic but I do enjoy a good beer or even a glass of wine (preferably Amarone) quite often, even while doing absolutely nothing or going out. On gamedays, I can have quite a few but outside of bringing positive joy and great taste, it does nothing.

Almost never drink strong liquor though but again, I know lots who do and that's usually not a problem.
            Adopted Poster
            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

I get buzzed maybe once or twice per year. I don't like the taste of alcohol, but I will drink it if it is mixed well.
              Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm exactly the same way. I dont like drinking either. Too much family problems because of it so I've really grown to not like it what so ever.

Comment

No no no no I wasn't implying that anyone that drinks is an idiot, its the people who drink WAAAAY too much. I remember having to carry my best friend home from a bar last year because he drank waaay to much on his 21st birthyday while I only had a couple drinks and felt fine. I just don't see why you would want to drink that much where you can't even remember doing it. Thanks for the responses.
                  sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Rum Sodomy and the lash.

sigpic

Comment

I have been that way all of my life. All of the drinking in college in the 60's and 70's didn't do a thing for me. Never partook.

Besides, you stay sober so you can give the girls a ride home! :thumb:
                      Been in love with the Broncos since 1960!
                      sigpic
                      I was 9 years old .... I hear the thunder again!

Tebow Army number 69
                      Adoptees: thatkidhunt, Peanut, CanDB, Gatorgirl (so far)

Democracy.. Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm 20, I am a Sophomore in college, and I have never touched the stuff.
                        So, I'm even more weird, but I choose to see it as a personal choice!:thumb:
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm 24, and have never had a drink in my life. It was annoying in college when people bugged me about it, but now it seems people respect it. I get more "that's awesome"s than "WEIRDO!"s.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks Blondie79!
                          All aboard the TEBOW TRAIN... since 2006!
                          Team Tebow #15

Adopted NFL Player:
                          "Oh Mercy"PERCY HARVIN

Comment

I'm 19 in college and the same way. I've tried it out, felt all the effects, and didn't really enjoy it at all. I like being around other people who are drinking, but I personally don't enjoy it myself.

I'm guessing later on I'll end up enjoying the taste and all that, but for now, I'm gonna avoid it

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                              I'm 19 in college and the same way. I've tried it out, felt all the effects, and didn't really enjoy it at all. I like being around other people who are drinking, but I personally don't enjoy it myself.

I'm guessing later on I'll end up enjoying the taste and all that, but for now, I'm gonna avoid it
                              Yeah don't go crazy if you do start liking it I've seen it tons of times. Guys who never really drank then realized they liked it and went nuts. Just remember moderation. I'm sure you already know it.
                              sigpic
                              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Working...
                              X