Can an Ipod H4xor help me out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can an Ipod H4xor help me out?

My iPod's battery life sucks. I barely use it at school other than occasionally listening to music and looking up things on the internet and I have to charge it every night.

My iPod is jailbroken as well but it's brand new 2g so idk what the problem is. I have turned off SSH and lowered the brightness along with turning off 3G bluetooth and such.

Any tips plz? CP awarded for helpful answers

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
    My iPod's battery life sucks. I barely use it at school other than occasionally listening to music and looking up things on the internet and I have to charge it every night.

My iPod is jailbroken as well but it's brand new 2g so idk what the problem is. I have turned off SSH and lowered the brightness along with turning off 3G bluetooth and such.

You shouldn't have 3G on an iPod, so I don't know what you turned off exactly.

It's possible that you have an app that refreshes itself constantly, or is constantly running, check your apps for that. Or, when you're not using internet, turn off wifi.

My guess is it's an app, but regardless, if you turn off wifi when you're not using the internet, it'll save battery.
    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, either that or your battery is dying...

but every night isn't as bad as every 2 hours

Comment

what iOS do you have on it? i put the 4.0 on a 3g ipgone and it was terrible terrible terrible.

Comment

as RYO stated, if it's a 2G how can you turn off 3G? lol...

but seriously he's right, there is probably at least one app that constantly refreshes itself. the most likely culprit here is Mail. do you have your emails sent to your iPod? if so, check your Mail settings to see how often it checks for more mail.

other things constantly update too, depending on your settings. if you have say, your Facebook app or Twitter app (or anything of that kind) set to send you push notifications whenever you get messages or what have you then that's going to use battery as well.

also if it is jailbroken, are you running the app that allows backgrounding? if you have that you may yet again have one or more apps still running in the background without knowing it.

someone mentioned the opp system as well. 4.0 drains battery fast. there is a lot going on with that update.
          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Not sure about 3G I just opened up SBsettings and turned it off cause it was an option lol. I'm using 4.1 turned off all push notifications even though I only got a few of those anyway. Thanks though I'll cp you guys when I get back on my computer I'm posting this from my iPod.

Comment

If you are using 4.1 you need to turn off multitasking , it gets turned on with the jailbreak iirc. That will rip through your battery.

http://www.ithinkdiff.com/how-to-dis...e-guide-96212/
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luckyshot View Post
                If you are using 4.1 you need to turn off multitasking , it gets turned on with the jailbreak iirc. That will rip through your battery.

http://www.ithinkdiff.com/how-to-dis...e-guide-96212/
                Oh thank you so much. The article told me I had to re-jailbreak my iPod and I was mad but then i read the comments and there's a comment talking about the app zToggle from Cydia which can turn off multitasking as well. Thank you. CP's for errbody now

Happy thanksgiving

Comment

Oh thank you so much. The article told me I had to re-jailbreak my iPod and I was mad but then i read the comments and there's a comment talking about the app zToggle from Cydia which can turn off multitasking as well. Thank you. CP's for errbody now

Happy thanksgiving
                  Glad you're all squared away, going to take this opportunity to ask a question instead of starting a thread.

I have an iphone 4 ...

Whats the positives and negatives to having it jailbroken AND is it difficult?
                  sigpic

Comment

with jailbrokenness you can get free apps (allegedly) and customize your phone like skins and stuff....

like this theme:

and no its not difficult plus you can always restore the phone to normalitude

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                      with jailbrokenness you can get free apps (allegedly) and customize your phone like skins and stuff....

like this theme:

and no its not difficult plus you can always restore the phone to normalitude
                      So if someone were to jailbrake their phone... it wouldn't be impossible to set it back to factory settings if they didn't like it or w/e?

This sounds intriguing(TY spell check).... especially the free apps part.

BTW... You can take down that sig already. You're a good sport! and well i miss coco =)

OK So i jailbroke my phone.. and i love it.
                      First thing i did was get a theme, changed the whole feel of the phone for the better.

Second thing i did was download intelilock i believe its called which i love cus i always had my phone locked because under "notes" i have my passwords for ebay and paypal and stuff like that. So now only "notes" and a few other apps are PW protected. No more entering a PW just to do something quick. = )

Then i got the NES emulator, so far i have mike tysons punch out and tetris, would have more but my daughter is playing with it. =/

Also, i was able to add weather and NFL news to my lock screen, love that.

Any other apps i should get? recommendations?
                      Last edited by CHARGER$; 11-26-2010, 02:54 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
                        So if someone were to jailbrake their phone... it wouldn't be impossible to set it back to factory settings if they didn't like it or w/e?

This sounds intriguing(TY spell check).... especially the free apps part.

BTW... You can take down that sig already. You're a good sport! and well i miss coco =)
                        Nah, i kinda like the fact that its pissing people off....

Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
                        OK So i jailbroke my phone.. and i love it.
                        First thing i did was get a theme, changed the whole feel of the phone for the better.

Second thing i did was download intelilock i believe its called which i love cus i always had my phone locked because under "notes" i have my passwords for ebay and paypal and stuff like that. So now only "notes" and a few other apps are PW protected. No more entering a PW just to do something quick. = )

Then i got the NES emulator, so far i have mike tysons punch out and tetris, would have more but my daughter is playing with it. =/

Also, i was able to add weather and NFL news to my lock screen, love that.

Any other apps i should get? recommendations?
                        Hmmm... i have an android so i don't got it anymore, but from what i remember.....

i can't think of anything else

intelliscreen is basically the best thing about it... plus installous as well but i'm sure you have that

Comment

Bernie also turn off spotlight search. and just make sure you have apps turned off when you aren't using them. Double click the little bottom button and hit the little minus button on apps you're not using!
                          sigpic
                          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Chargers

Useragentfaker. Allows you to bypass crappy mobile versions for websites like this one (sorry guys you should have an option to allow me to view this in full version)

pdanet for free tethering

Safari Download Manager so you can download files from mobile safari directly.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luckyshot View Post
                              Chargers

Useragentfaker. Allows you to bypass crappy mobile versions for websites like this one (sorry guys you should have an option to allow me to view this in full version)

pdanet for free tethering

Safari Download Manager so you can download files from mobile safari directly.

Using the "user agent faker" now, pretty cool thanks and CP.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X