Who Has A Water Bed???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Has A Water Bed???

I remember the era when water beds were hot (and yes, you could keep them at a pretty high temp, if you liked it that way)!! Almost everyone bought one.

The floating was pretty neat......just had to avoid springing a leak!

Some floated far too much, and a poorly timed leap or roll could end up with a mini tsunami!!!

Then there was the set up and tear down complications.....getting that last drop out of the mattress could be a dragged out process!

Still got one?????

At the risk of being lewd, water beds are definitely not a good choice for married couples.

I used to have one a while back. It was a comfortable sleep sometimes, but I often ended up on the edge of the bed, wedged against the rail.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      At the risk of being lewd, water beds are definitely not a good choice for married couples.

I used to have one a while back. It was a comfortable sleep sometimes, but I often ended up on the edge of the bed, wedged against the rail.
      that's a different type of wedgie....

(Hi Cory!!)

Comment

Each of me and my sisters had waterbeds when we were kids. They were "cool" at the time.

Wouldn't want one today. They are so hard to get out of, it feels like the water is sucking you in.

Filling them up, draining them, treating them with algae solution so creatures don't start to grow...lot of maintenance for a bed if you ask me.

I always wanted to put fish in mine, probably creep you out when your trying to sleep though, if they bump into you.

Anyway, I think all 3 of our Beds are taking up space in our parents garage....
        sigpic

Comment

had one years ago....it was awesome in the winter, unless the heater broke...then it was unusable...they're just way more work than they're worth

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
            Each of me and my sisters had waterbeds when we were kids. They were "cool" at the time.

Wouldn't want one today. They are so hard to get out of, it feels like the water is sucking you in.

Filling them up, draining them, treating them with algae solution so creatures don't start to grow...lot of maintenance for a bed if you ask me.

I always wanted to put fish in mine, probably creep you out when your trying to sleep though, if they bump into you.

Anyway, I think all 3 of our Beds are taking up space in our parents garage....
            Imagine the dreams you'd have with some big fish in your mattress!!!!

Comment

Comment

I remember my parents had a water bed in our old house when I was a young child. Now that I am 22, I don't even want to think about that bed. I've said and thought too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Cahill View Post
                  I remember my parents had a water bed in our old house when I was a young child. Now that I am 22, I don't even want to think about that bed. I've said and thought too much.
                  Bouncy bouncy bouncy bounce bounce.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                    Bouncy bouncy bouncy bounce bounce.
                    That's how my younger sister probably came to be.

Sad about the thought, not about my sister being born. Just wanted to clarify lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cahill View Post
                      That's how my younger sister probably came to be.

Sad about the thought, not about my sister being born. Just wanted to clarify lol.
                      At least you got to save some money since you didn't have to buy one of those wave sound machines.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        Still got one?????
                        Dave... that was so last year.

It's been 6 years now since we finally dumped it. We still use the frame it was in with real matresses now.

We are getting older as you all like to remind...

I will defend the water bed! They are GLORIOUS! There is a forever and all time advantage of having this flotation device!!

There is NOTHING better than having that nice and warm heated slumber palace when it's -20 outside.
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

The 1980s called.

They want their thread topic back.

sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
                            The 1980s called.

sigpic
                            Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                              Dave... that was so last year.

It's been 6 years now since we finally dumped it. We still use the frame it was in with real matresses now.

We are getting older as you all like to remind...

I will defend the water bed! They are GLORIOUS! There is a forever and all time advantage of having this flotation device!!

There is NOTHING better than having that nice and warm heated slumber palace when it's -20 outside.
                              In the Great White North (here!!), those beds were incredibly warm on a frigid winter's night!!!!

BUT....if the heater ever went, you could end up playing hockey on that puppy.

Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
                              The 1980s called.

I know I know.....I was just thinking......do people still buy them? Maybe it's retro time!!!:dance:

Cmon Smash, they were so warm and comfy on a cold night.......

Comment

Working...
                              X