Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Classes

has anybody ever taken one?

trying to make my schedule really considering taking this one class online?

anybody know if it's worth it?
    Now go get your shine box

I took some in high school, they worth it kinda, but allot harder than being in a real room. There are allot more deadlines, there is no teacher whom can sit and help you in detail. So it's hard.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I took one which was a half and half type of deal (almost) where everything was done at home but you showed up in person to take your tests. Yes there are more deadlines... one every few days for each lesson pretty much, your computer logs in online and let's the teacher know you finished your lesson.

It's thorough and if you have a personality where you can get by on just a computer program, it works if driving to class is that much of a pain in the ass for you.

That said, I'd rather have a class in person every time. If you really need the convenience that's what it's there for though.
      You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

I took a majority of my masters that way. I liked it because it didn't interupt work. There were set times for class meetings w professor and classmates too so you had that interaction.

I'd say at least try one on-line and see for yourself if it works for you. Who knows maybe it is the best class you ever take.
        sigpic
        The Bronco fan pledge;
        I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
        I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
        I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
        I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
        Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

thanks guys..

Well its just one class that I need for my major its the last one.

I'm just a little worried about taking one and having it completely suck.

Comment

so decided to take two classes online

Concepts of Criminal Law and Art appreciation.

This semester is really important! hope I'm not making a mistake lol.

Comment

When I was going to start college last semester, I really was hoping to do mostly online. I was disappointed that my best option for college didn't really offer it much.

After attending classes, I think it was probably for my best. That's just me though.

Comment

I've taken a few, and absolutely loved them... but it was a unique situation for me.

I was a single mom, and my son was 2 and a half or 3 at the time, and he would POUR on the guilt and tears every time I had to leave the house to go to class.

Online classes were the perfect solution for me, because a deadline usually means it's due at midnight on a specific day (unless they've specified otherwise). That meant that I could hang with my boy all day, put him to bed at bedtime and then work all evening if I needed to, rather than missing his awake time by being in a class from 5-7 or something, and spending an hour driving, to and from.

I do know, though, that if it weren't for those circumstances, I didn't have the personality for online classes... I was not driven enough on my own to do the work it takes, without having the teacher breathing down your neck about it.... I love them now that I've tried them though.
                sigpic

Comment

well Id consider myself a pretty good student I always do my work get the A's and such.

I decided to go straight to Jr. College after high school instead of the university and I went into college with a high school mentality and had 3 mediocre semesters and plus made some stupid mistakes that i regret now.

I'm kicking it into overdrive now though so that hopefully I can transfer to San Diego State University next spring!

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                    well Id consider myself a pretty good student I always do my work get the A's and such.

I decided to go straight to Jr. College after high school instead of the university and I went into college with a high school mentality and had 3 mediocre semesters and plus made some stupid mistakes that i regret now.

I'm kicking it into overdrive now though so that hopefully I can transfer to San Diego State University next spring!
                    Online classes vary from college to college.

They are more work than on campus classes but more convenient. No more getting up at 730 to be at class at 8am~

Comment

I'd say it really depends on the course. Some courses it is better to take in person than others.:thumb:
                      sigpic

Comment

Online classes

I have done a bunch of them. I really feel that they are a bit of a cop out. You never get much out of the class and you don't connect with the instructor very well. But, if you need credits it's the way to go.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                          I have done a bunch of them. I really feel that they are a bit of a cop out. You never get much out of the class and you don't connect with the instructor very well. But, if you need credits it's the way to go.
                          Yea if it were up to me I would take the lecture instead of the online version.

But California has no money.

They cut back on a lot of stuff and the openings are slim so unless I want to wait a couple more semesters in crappy jr college I have no choice.

I'm determined to finish and move onto big boy school!

Comment

Online classes

Then that is the way to go. I had to finish a certificate that way and now do my "continuing education" for work via online classes. I hate them but they get me the credits I need (or needed). DO them, move on and like you said, do the schooling that counts in person.

and good luck.
                            sigpic

Comment

I have taken some on-line classes, it has helped get more credits in with limited time trying to work, and i can only take so many classes in the evening, our schools on-line is available at your convenience there are deadlines to completing the work, but as i said it has helped take more classes than i would ordinarily be able to.
                              I really like Cheese.

Comment

Working...
                              X