X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncosTX77
    replied
    Originally posted by jc13 View Post
    well Id consider myself a pretty good student I always do my work get the A's and such.

I decided to go straight to Jr. College after high school instead of the university and I went into college with a high school mentality and had 3 mediocre semesters and plus made some stupid mistakes that i regret now.

I'm kicking it into overdrive now though so that hopefully I can transfer to San Diego State University next spring!
    Online classes vary from college to college.

They are more work than on campus classes but more convenient. No more getting up at 730 to be at class at 8am~

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    replied
    well Id consider myself a pretty good student I always do my work get the A's and such.

I decided to go straight to Jr. College after high school instead of the university and I went into college with a high school mentality and had 3 mediocre semesters and plus made some stupid mistakes that i regret now.

I'm kicking it into overdrive now though so that hopefully I can transfer to San Diego State University next spring!

Leave a comment:

• redbirdy80
    replied
    I've taken a few, and absolutely loved them... but it was a unique situation for me.

I was a single mom, and my son was 2 and a half or 3 at the time, and he would POUR on the guilt and tears every time I had to leave the house to go to class.

Online classes were the perfect solution for me, because a deadline usually means it's due at midnight on a specific day (unless they've specified otherwise). That meant that I could hang with my boy all day, put him to bed at bedtime and then work all evening if I needed to, rather than missing his awake time by being in a class from 5-7 or something, and spending an hour driving, to and from.

I do know, though, that if it weren't for those circumstances, I didn't have the personality for online classes... I was not driven enough on my own to do the work it takes, without having the teacher breathing down your neck about it.... I love them now that I've tried them though.

Leave a comment:

• LordTrychon
    replied
    When I was going to start college last semester, I really was hoping to do mostly online. I was disappointed that my best option for college didn't really offer it much.

After attending classes, I think it was probably for my best. That's just me though.

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    replied
    so decided to take two classes online

Concepts of Criminal Law and Art appreciation.

This semester is really important! hope I'm not making a mistake lol.

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    replied
    thanks guys..

Well its just one class that I need for my major its the last one.

I'm just a little worried about taking one and having it completely suck.

Leave a comment:

• 100%Broncoholic
    replied
    I took a majority of my masters that way. I liked it because it didn't interupt work. There were set times for class meetings w professor and classmates too so you had that interaction.

I'd say at least try one on-line and see for yourself if it works for you. Who knows maybe it is the best class you ever take.

Leave a comment:

• Freestyle
    replied
    I took one which was a half and half type of deal (almost) where everything was done at home but you showed up in person to take your tests. Yes there are more deadlines... one every few days for each lesson pretty much, your computer logs in online and let's the teacher know you finished your lesson.

It's thorough and if you have a personality where you can get by on just a computer program, it works if driving to class is that much of a pain in the ass for you.

That said, I'd rather have a class in person every time. If you really need the convenience that's what it's there for though.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    I took some in high school, they worth it kinda, but allot harder than being in a real room. There are allot more deadlines, there is no teacher whom can sit and help you in detail. So it's hard.

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    started a topic Online Classes

Online Classes

has anybody ever taken one?

trying to make my schedule really considering taking this one class online?

anybody know if it's worth it?
Working...
X