Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jc13
    replied
    It started today it looks like it's going to be easy..

It's also a nice change of pace.

It's like going onto a forum lol.

My first assignment is to "introduce" myself and it's not due till March 1st lol.

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    Originally posted by jc13 View Post
    I did yesterday..

Ironically he just replied lol.

The way my school runs things is wack.
    Every school is whack. When people who don't understand education start dictating the standards of education, what do we expect?

Would you let a chef tell a mechanic how to fix your car?

Same thing here.

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    replied
    Originally posted by Alastor View Post
    Email the teacher, JC.
    I did yesterday..

Ironically he just replied lol.

The way my school runs things is wack.

Leave a comment:

• Alastor
    replied
    Email the teacher, JC.

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    replied
    I'm not sure how other school districts do it but is it normal for an instructor not to have like an orientation to introduce the class? Do some just expect you to show up to the website?

Because I'm trying to figure out if theirs an orientation and 3 days before school starts it just says TBA :/

Leave a comment:

• BRONCOS_OWN_U16
    replied
    im loving my online classes so far. not to hard.

I went to my online class today with nothing but my tighty whities with the skidmarks on. it was so comfortable. i love online classes.

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    replied
    yall ever have to use etudes?

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    replied
    Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
    Also taking Business 100 online.. $120 for the book and $60 for the online program.
    hey well at least your going to school haha.

I'm stuck at home just about 4 weeks away from the Spring semester to start.

Ive been home fore the last 5 weeks not doing much only about 4 more to go haha.

Its kind of nice but sometimes its pretty boring. I'm ready to go back and do work.

Leave a comment:

• RaiderFanSD
    replied
    Also taking Business 100 online.. $120 for the book and $60 for the online program.

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    replied
    so besides themilehighguy has anybody else ever used this program?

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    Well what I meant by 300 dollars is the Math book and the MyMathLab access kit which alone in like 50 bucks but both items combined is pushing 300 bucks or so.

Well I'm just curious because one previous teacher I had relied on Math XL to the point where she wouldn't really even lecture just assign like 100 questions and give us a test every couple weeks. I hated that crap.

MathXL is like this program where there is a set of math questions (usually a lot of them) and you have 3 shots at answering it right. If your slow at math (like I am) lol it takes you more then 3 shots. Then after you finish the assignment it averages out the right and wrong ones you got and it gives you a grade. The teacher would use that as a good chunk.

Of course it shows you how to do it , But me being Math challenged I find myself being able to learn better with a lecture and a teacher showing us step by step.

As for MyMathLab I have no idea what that's about. The way your explaining it makes it sound a lot similar to MathXL lol which I hate.

I think I understand what you mean, unfortunately that is about what you can expect from an online math class. The 3 tries thing sounds exactly like what I did. I don't have access to those old classes anymore with the new year so I can't go back and look to make sure.

But really, aside from the lecture, and what you read from the book, I think you'll be basically teaching yourself.

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    replied
    Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    Yo jc. I take 95% of my classes online, it's great to work at my own pace pretty much and save on gas from not commuting.

I used mymathlab in an algebra class but I do not remember have to pay for it. It was more or less a different browser window with a lot more math functionality in it (support for superscript and fractions and crap). The thing I used was basically just a question with an answer box beside it, and you didn't really have to show work or anything.

Either way, its not hard to use, but if some are saying it's 300 dollars or something we might be talking about different things.
    Well what I meant by 300 dollars is the Math book and the MyMathLab access kit which alone in like 50 bucks but both items combined is pushing 300 bucks or so.

Well I'm just curious because one previous teacher I had relied on Math XL to the point where she wouldn't really even lecture just assign like 100 questions and give us a test every couple weeks. I hated that crap.

MathXL is like this program where there is a set of math questions (usually a lot of them) and you have 3 shots at answering it right. If your slow at math (like I am) lol it takes you more then 3 shots. Then after you finish the assignment it averages out the right and wrong ones you got and it gives you a grade. The teacher would use that as a good chunk.

Of course it shows you how to do it , But me being Math challenged I find myself being able to learn better with a lecture and a teacher showing us step by step.

As for MyMathLab I have no idea what that's about. The way your explaining it makes it sound a lot similar to MathXL lol which I hate.

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    Didn't feel like I had to make a new thread but I have a question that relates to school.

Have you guys taken college math classes?

Have you guys ever had to deal with MathLab or MathXL?

whats the difference? Id appreciate it if someone answered!
    Yo jc. I take 95% of my classes online, it's great to work at my own pace pretty much and save on gas from not commuting.

I used mymathlab in an algebra class but I do not remember have to pay for it. It was more or less a different browser window with a lot more math functionality in it (support for superscript and fractions and crap). The thing I used was basically just a question with an answer box beside it, and you didn't really have to show work or anything.

Either way, its not hard to use, but if some are saying it's 300 dollars or something we might be talking about different things.

Leave a comment:

• vcooper3
    replied
    I took some online classes when I was in college. They're a good way to complete credits on your own time, especially if you have a busy schedule. Enrolled in a history class my junior year. Had to read the textbook. But all the learning modules involved crosswork puzzles to study/learn the material.

Made the learning fun.

Leave a comment:

• jc13
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred the Bunny View Post
    Be glad...

They didn't have the online option when I went to college...way back in caveman days...before internet was so cool.

Instead we did correspondence courses.
    Hey I'm glad haha

this is a new experience for me.

Honestly I'm real curious about it.

But from what i hear its a pretty cool experience.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X