Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Green Chile Lovers out there tried.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Green Chile Lovers out there tried.....

Mark Schlereths Green Chile?

I'm from New Mexico originally so I love me some Green Chile. If you buy it directly from Hatch, New Mexico it comes in something like 10 pound box, and is well over $100.

Thought maybe I should order a 6-pack from ol Stink.

Has anyone tried it? Is it any good?

I'm use to just strait up Green or Red Chile, so not sure about the whole chicken/pork thing, i'm guessing it's more of a sauce than a true tub of green chile?
    sigpic

I live about 35 miles from Hatch (sorry ). I wouldn't settle for anything less. I don't know where you live, but we have found small cans of Hatch green chile from Washington state to Vermont in our travels. Check all of the stores in your area from Walmart to your local mom and pop. You may find a treasure or two! :thumb:

Good luck! Don't settle .....
    Been in love with the Broncos since 1960!
    sigpic
    I was 9 years old .... I hear the thunder again!

Tebow Army number 69
    Adoptees: thatkidhunt, Peanut, CanDB, Gatorgirl (so far)

Democracy.. Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Oops! I see you are in North Carolina. We have found it in the south as well. Let me know, and maybe we can work out me sending you some! :thumb:
      sigpic

Tebow Army number 69

Democracy.. Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Green Chile! I'm another New Mexico (better than the old one) guy. So I definitely love my green chile.

Comment

As a Michigan man, I've never heard of green chile, never seen it in any Michigan store. But it sounds interesting, I'm curious on this product.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBtzm...eature=related

Hmm... I want some now

Comment

I love chile. I love pretty much anything spicy having to do with peppers.

We make some very good pork green chile at home with roasted chilis.

I make my own habanero/jalapeno hot sauce that will send smoke steaming out your ears

If anyone tries Stink's chile you have to report on it here

Comment

yeah a few years ago I got his auto and some stinkin good green chile at king soopers...

Its not bad, but it is nothing compared to legit green chile. But for the $5 or whatever it cost, you get a fair amount...Id say get it just for the sake of trying schlereths green chile. It doesnt taste bad. I actually really liked it on some tacos I made...It is just not knock your socks off super awesome green chile like we see around here.
                So far:
                FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                  yeah a few years ago I got his auto and some stinkin good green chile at king soopers...

Its not bad, but it is nothing compared to legit green chile. But for the $5 or whatever it cost, you get a fair amount...Id say get it just for the sake of trying schlereths green chile. It doesnt taste bad. I actually really liked it on some tacos I made...It is just not knock your socks off super awesome green chile like we see around here.
                  Was it pretty spicy, or was it mild?

Comment

This is where I would love to get some from, even free shipping, but it's completely sold out for this year.
                    sigpic

Comment

Here is a source for Hatch Green Chile in 4oz cans from Hatch pretty reasonable ...

http://www.newmexicanconnection.com/...3_864_866.html
                      sigpic

Tebow Army number 69

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                        Was it pretty spicy, or was it mild?

Not very spicy, but it had a good flavor. it was not bland or anything. It did have a good spice flavor, but not spicy, and it did have a lot of small chunks of meat in it, which I do like.

IMO- it was $5 and worth it just for the sake of getting it and trying it..... Would I buy it again? eh, probably its cheap and you just heat it up in the microwave right quick and put it on some tacos or nachos.

But lets not mistake, it does not compare to real good real green chile, but if you are not in colorado or other states in the midwest/southwest...You might not be able to obtain that anyway.
                        So far:
                        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by rjent View Post
                          I live about 35 miles from Hatch (sorry ). I wouldn't settle for anything less. I don't know where you live, but we have found small cans of Hatch green chile from Washington state to Vermont in our travels. Check all of the stores in your area from Walmart to your local mom and pop. You may find a treasure or two! :thumb:

Good luck! Don't settle .....
                          Yeah they sell it in cans, I have some here:

It's just not the same, and can never find anything above Mild.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                            Not very spicy, but it had a good flavor. it was not bland or anything. It did have a good spice flavor, but not spicy, and it did have a lot of small chunks of meat in it, which I do like.

IMO- it was $5 and worth it just for the sake of getting it and trying it..... Would I buy it again? eh, probably its cheap and you just heat it up in the microwave right quick and put it on some tacos or nachos.

But lets not mistake, it does not compare to real good real green chile, but if you are not in colorado or other states in the midwest/southwest...You might not be able to obtain that anyway.
                            Well you have to buy them in 6-packs from the online store at $35, and I think shipping is pretty out there, like $20-$30. So probably not worth it for me. I can get the real stuff for that price.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                              Well you have to buy them in 6-packs from the online store at $35, and I think shipping is pretty out there, like $20-$30. So probably not worth it for me. I can get the real stuff for that price.
                              Yeah, once you've had really good chile, it's hard to go to the "eh, it's ok" stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X