Getting the kids involved...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I knew.

Little man T would rather watch me play Madden than watch an actual game.

He used to put in his game of Madden (which he doesn't play) and just set the computer to play against itself so he'd have something to watch while he fell asleep... but he has little interest in actually playing the game (He's a VG enthusiast, and I think the intricacies of the game may intimidate him... he doesn't want to play and stink). He seldom watches any football with us.

When he does sit down to watch the game with us, it's usually just for a while and because he's lacking attention, mostly.

I keep thinking he'll get into it someday, but he hasn't really responded much to my attempts to try and get him interested.

May have to check out the websites you mentioned next year.
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
      I wish I knew.

Little man T would rather watch me play Madden than watch an actual game.

He used to put in his game of Madden (which he doesn't play) and just set the computer to play against itself so he'd have something to watch while he fell asleep... but he has little interest in actually playing the game (He's a VG enthusiast, and I think the intricacies of the game may intimidate him... he doesn't want to play and stink). He seldom watches any football with us.

When he does sit down to watch the game with us, it's usually just for a while and because he's lacking attention, mostly.

I keep thinking he'll get into it someday, but he hasn't really responded much to my attempts to try and get him interested.

May have to check out the websites you mentioned next year.
      LT,

Curious, how old is he?
      My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

Originally posted by kmcgough25 View Post
        LT,

Curious, how old is he?
        Son of Fred is 12.
        Thanks, Reid!
        sigpic
        Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

every sunday i just tie my kid down to a chair with a rope.

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
            every sunday i just tie my kid down to a chair with a rope.
            in the closet?

Comment

My little girl is only 3 months so she watches movement a lot. She watches the games as well as Madden. I think we may take her to her first game near next Christmas. Or we may wait another year and take her to a preseason game in 2012.

Comment

My seven year old girl has been brainwashed to be a raider fan ..

I got her a PR jersey anyway...dare not send it to her moms though...
                She'll wear it but its our little secret.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                  Son of Fred is 12.
                  My 8 year old is way more in to baseball than he is into football....main reason is that is that he plays (and I coach) in both the Spring and Fall. He will play Madden on the Wii, but he doesn't understand all of the rules and is a little intimidated to start playing tacklr football with all the big hits he sees on T.V.

No worries though, Football is one of those sports you can start later on and still be very good at......but the NFL Rush website is very cool and is getting him more into it.

Unfortunatly, with us moving to Atlanta this year and them doing so well, he is becoming a Matty Ice and Falcons fan!!!

Not too big a deal though, since I believe you should always support your hometown team.

Comment

My son Charlie is six and I have him so into sports that he will watch entire Rockies games and Broncos games with me. He calls himself my "sports buddy". He still asks me all the time "Do you remember when Brandon Stokely made that really long touchdown? That was cool huh?" We had it on DVR until just a couple of months ago and would watch it together every now and then.

I took him to his first Rockies game last season and it ended up being the game that Cargo hit a walk-off HR to beat the Cubs and it also completed the cycle. It was amazing.

I don't how I did it though. Maybe he is just too much like his dad. I try to make it fun for him and keep the positive fun energy up when we watch, I know I'm shocked too. I also have a Broncos Nerf football that he and I will throw around the basement while the game is on. He likes to imitate the game as it goes.

Comment

Chaz, that is really cool man. Consider yourself very fortunate!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X