Football Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Cards

If a moderator feels like this should be in a different category feel free to move it. I just couldn't figure out where I should start it.

Does anyone collect cards anymore?

Are you allowed to sell anything via this message board or is it a violation?
    dbfan2007
    Practice Squad
    Last edited by dbfan2007; 12-23-2010, 01:25 PM.

They still make cards? Wow.. Lol that was so 90's

anyways I don't think much people buy them anymore because they are worthless in todays world and alot of people right now don't have jobs.. But you never know

And I think its a violation to sell things on here? I'm not sure you can check the FAQ or Code of conduct

Comment

It's just frustrating because I was big into collecting in middle school and now it seems like all of these cards are worthless. I put a Michael Strahan game piece jersey card on ebay for ONE CENT and no one bid.

Comment

Originally posted by dbfan2007 View Post
        It's just frustrating because I was big into collecting in middle school and now it seems like all of these cards are worthless. I put a Michael Strahan game piece jersey card on ebay for ONE CENT and no one bid.
        LMAO, that sucks man.. But the card industry is already in the dust, thats why im surprised they still make them.,

And yup, When I was in Elementary and Middle School I used to collect cards, but I threw almost all of them away... what a waste of money. If only I could have saved all of that $$$

Comment

Haha. I could never throw away my 2 Elway Jersey cards or my Sam Bradford Autographed Rookie. In which I got 2 out of those 3 cards from Wal Mart. Lol.

Comment

Aloha DBFan2007, Well i believe that it isn't allowed on these boards. Sometime ago, I posted in the "Orange Colored Glasses" thread my collection of Knowshon Moreno football cards. I got back into the hobby last year because i was so fascinated on how much the hobby had change. The type of cards that are being made now is more of a memorabilia, Than of the yesteryears. I have also noticed that some of the prices of these products are really crazy, I mean $300 to maybe $600 a box (1-2 packs per box w/7-9 cards per pack). Although those are all of the higher end cards, But still, You have some of those cut-auto's of like President Washington, Movie stars, Muscians, etc... . I still collect, But don't spend too much on busting wax, As i'd rather just buy single cards of my favorite player. Here are some examples of what i was talking about.

'09 SP Authentic SuperPatch Auto on a piece of memorabilia

'09 UD Auto w/ inscription

'10 Absolute Memorabilia auto-patch / auto

Then there's cards that i but because of the different Bronco uniforms

'10 R&S auto ( I love those throwback uni's)

The hobby may not be as popular as it once was, But i am glad that i got back into it. Upper Deck has lost it's NFL liscense for this year, And Panini America and Topps are the only ones that have the exclusive rights to print any NFL stuff. Upper Deck still prints cards, Though it is only through the NCCA/Collegiate uni's only. Here is a sample of what Upper Deck is doing this year.

'10 UD SPX Nike logo patch auto 1/1 Tim Tebow

It is a beauty of a card that was on that other site for $3000.00 +. It's gone though, I guess someone bought it or the seller is probably sitting on it until Tebow breaks out. Sorry for the long post, But that's my story. Mahalo & GOD bless.
            HE>i

Comment

Haha. I could never throw away my 2 Elway Jersey cards or my Sam Bradford Autographed Rookie. In which I got 2 out of those 3 cards from Wal Mart. Lol.
              Would love to see a scan or pic of those cards.
              HE>i

Comment

I started collecting this year, already addicted. The market seems to be down but everything is down right now. I also collect Nascar diecasts for example and cars that used to go for over a hundred dollars now go dirt cheap, all thanks to our sucky economy right now. I love collecting, especially the Broncos, opening a new pack of cards is like Christmas lol.
                sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
                  Aloha DBFan2007, Well i believe that it isn't allowed on these boards. Sometime ago, I posted in the "Orange Colored Glasses" thread my collection of Knowshon Moreno football cards. I got back into the hobby last year because i was so fascinated on how much the hobby had change. The type of cards that are being made now is more of a memorabilia, Than of the yesteryears. I have also noticed that some of the prices of these products are really crazy, I mean $300 to maybe $600 a box (1-2 packs per box w/7-9 cards per pack). Although those are all of the higher end cards, But still, You have some of those cut-auto's of like President Washington, Movie stars, Muscians, etc... . I still collect, But don't spend too much on busting wax, As i'd rather just buy single cards of my favorite player. Here are some examples of what i was talking about.

'09 SP Authentic SuperPatch Auto on a piece of memorabilia

'09 UD Auto w/ inscription

'10 Absolute Memorabilia auto-patch / auto

Then there's cards that i but because of the different Bronco uniforms

'10 R&S auto ( I love those throwback uni's)

The hobby may not be as popular as it once was, But i am glad that i got back into it. Upper Deck has lost it's NFL liscense for this year, And Panini America and Topps are the only ones that have the exclusive rights to print any NFL stuff. Upper Deck still prints cards, Though it is only through the NCCA/Collegiate uni's only. Here is a sample of what Upper Deck is doing this year.

'10 UD SPX Nike logo patch auto 1/1 Tim Tebow

It is a beauty of a card that was on that other site for $3000.00 +. It's gone though, I guess someone bought it or the seller is probably sitting on it until Tebow breaks out. Sorry for the long post, But that's my story. Mahalo & GOD bless.
                  That's pretty much the reason I want to just sale all cards that are not my favorites. I have a lot of memorabilia cards that I believe are worth something but I can't find the right people I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
                    Would love to see a scan or pic of those cards.
                    Ill get them out and take a pic with my iphone and upload them tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                      I started collecting this year, already addicted. The market seems to be down but everything is down right now. I also collect Nascar diecasts for example and cars that used to go for over a hundred dollars now go dirt cheap, all thanks to our sucky economy right now. I love collecting, especially the Broncos, opening a new pack of cards is like Christmas lol.
                      Yeah i can't lie, Whether it be busting a box or a pack, It is just so much fun!!!. And it is addicting.
                      HE>i

Comment

Ill get them out and take a pic with my iphone and upload them tomorrow.
                        Cool. If you are having a hard time on that other site, You can always try Beckett.com or Topps.com. Sorry Mods if i am spaming, I apologize.
                        HE>i

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                          I always open the cards as soon as I get in the car. Haha. I can't help it.

I was at the flea market and saw the die casts you're talking about. I remember them being so expensive and then the last time I was there they were selling for 10 buck. I couldn't believe it.

I also have a lot of McFarlane figures. My favorites being Johnny Bench, John Elway (in the orange jersey), and Peyton Manning (in the UT jersey).

Almost every card I'm trying to get rid of are memorabilia cards or rookie cards. For example, Rookies Michael Vick, McNabb, Matt Schaub, Reggie Wayne, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Kevin Garnett, Alex Rodriguez etc..

And jersey cards Michael Strahan, Daunte Culpepper (12/25), Torry Holt, Adam Dunn, Sean Casey (bat piece), etc..

I have tons of Broncos cards that I am keeping. I have a dual card that has pieces of Warren Sapp and Terrell Davis' jerseys. I recently bought a Craig Morton autographed card. I also have a Jerry Rice jersey card. And a Peyton Manning jersey card. One of my favorite regular cards is my Steve Young Buccaneers card.

Comment

I'm still looking for my other Elway jersey card. The one in the picture I bought. The one I can't find right now, I got about 8 or 9 years ago in a pack of cards.

Comment

Love those cards! The crazy thing for me is i just started collecting this year and somehow have gotten 3 different jersey pieces of the Steelers rookie Jonathan Dwyer.
                              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Working...
                              X