Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
    Rod one question..

Were would you reccomend a foreigner to go on a first time visit to Brazil..

Me and a friend are planning on travelling somewhere outside the U.S and that's not Mexico (been there done that) somewhere in the next couple years.

It's probably down to Ibiza Spain the Netherlands or Brazil..

I could easily google this but why?

I can as the Brazilian himself.

Just curious what got you into the Broncos all the way out in Brazil?
    Honestly, I can't recommend anyone to come to Brazil. If you live in a nice place in the US, I don't know what you would do here. After all, it's an underdeveloped country with a lot of crime, violence... But foreign people somehow enjoy here, maybe because they stay at luxuous places near the beach for a short period of time and don't have to look at the ugly side of the city. Anyway, if you want to go to the beach I imagine California is not a bad choice.

Tourists are targets here in Rio, you can't walk around with expensive cameras and clothes that show you're a tourist spending money. Once I became friends with an American who used to come to Rio often, and as far as I know he never had problems here. But he was a smart man and always wore basic clothes on the streets.

If you have the chance to go to Europe, I would say that's a better call. But if you still want to come to Brazil, the southern states are probably the best ones. Paraná, Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul. Cleaner, better looking cities with more civilized people.

About the Broncos: very random choice. I decided to follow an NFL team by the end of 2007 and since I was playing cornerback (beach football back then, nowadays we also have football on turf with full pads) at the time, Champ Bailey was a big influence. I also like a metal band from Colorado called Jag Panzer. And the current Broncos uniform called my attention right away. So, I decided to follow the Broncos.

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
    Rod, how do you watch all the games from Brazil? Do you have Dish?
    I fight every Sunday to find an online stream to see the games. And when there is a SNF or MNF featuring the Broncos I am able to watch them play on ESPN.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
      Honestly, I can't recommend anyone to come to Brazil. If you live in a nice place in the US, I don't know what you would do here. After all, it's an underdeveloped country with a lot of crime, violence... But foreign people somehow enjoy here, maybe because they stay at luxuous places near the beach for a short period of time and don't have to look at the ugly side of the city. Anyway, if you want to go to the beach I imagine California is not a bad choice.

Tourists are targets here in Rio, you can't walk around with expensive cameras and clothes that show you're a tourist spending money. Once I became friends with an American who used to come to Rio often, and as far as I know he never had problems here. But he was a smart man and always wore basic clothes on the streets.

If you have the chance to go to Europe, I would say that's a better call. But if you still want to come to Brazil, the southern states are probably the best ones. Paraná, Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul. Cleaner, better looking cities with more civilized people.

About the Broncos: very random choice. I decided to follow an NFL team by the end of 2007 and since I was playing cornerback (beach football back then, nowadays we also have football on turf with full pads) at the time, Champ Bailey was a big influence. I also like a metal band from Colorado called Jag Panzer. And the current Broncos uniform called my attention right away. So, I decided to follow the Broncos.

I fight every Sunday to find an online stream to see the games. And when there is a SNF or MNF featuring the Broncos I am able to watch them play on ESPN.
      Well you only live life once right?

I might as well check out Europe and Brazil.

California is a cool place I live in Southern California in the Desert right next to the Mexican border.

Sarah Palin can see Russia from her backyard well I can literally see Mexico from mine.

San Diego is about an hour away that's the closest beach and the closest biggest city to were I'm from and the weather just kicks ass only thing bad about San Diego is the Chargers.

I guess one of the reasons why I have had a lot of interest in Brazil is because of the various MMA fighters that come from there and one of my favorite fighters is Anderson "The Spider" Silva whose real famous world wide and is from Brazil. I'm assuming hes huge in Brazil. I just see Brazil like a very cool place to be at I mean not just because of the women but because of the whole culture and everything. I would love to go to Brazil and witness a Vale Tudo event in person and check out the Chute Box Academy plus some good Brazilian food.. ect..

Well what about Curitiba? is that a nice city? Anyways thanks for sharing you story!
      Now go get your shine box

Comment

Well what about Curitiba? is that a nice city?
        I never went to Curitiba (state: Paraná) but it is known as one of the best cities in Brazil. Well projected, did not expand disorderly, I hear great things about the city. But the weather there is colder in comparison to Rio de Janeiro, for example. And I've heard that people there are "colder" as well, maybe more similar to European people. It is a city impacted by German immigration.
        sigpic

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp2fOZDrqa0

You're welcome.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
          Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
          Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
          Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
          I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tom Brady is one lucky man..

Comment

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tom Brady is one lucky man..
                We can't have Tom Brady's girl on here.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                  We can't have Tom Brady's girl on here.
                  Tom Brady will magically appear and throw a football at my face?

Comment

Tom Brady will magically appear and throw a football at my face?
                    Yes and he will have Wilfork sit on you
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                      me likey :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post

I approve of this thread = )
                        DENVER STAND UP!!!

Comment