COMPUTER peeps..I need an mkv converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
    Ill check the link, I know HOW to play them I just need a good converter to convert them to avi or something else
    If you want to convert them, there are lots of programs out there.

try these

Free Video Converter

MKV to AVI Converter

Comment

Originally posted by bahn View Post
      If you want to convert them, there are lots of programs out there.

try these

Free Video Converter

MKV to AVI Converter
      This is what I am looking for, something that converts at a decent pace. The media server has worked from time to time with me but i prefer to watch them off my flash drive (Im stubborn) but I have the media server installed, just need to configure it properly on my PC and then it may help me out.

Thank you to everyone for the help, CP's on the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
        EDIT: Unless you want the slowest DVD viewing experience possible... Do not attempt to watch a DVD that is in the computer's optical drive... I'm not real sure why I just tried that, other than I seen that it can be done... It is painfully slow
        What the.............:doh:

Yeah, I'm not sure why you'd do that either since you could just play it in the PS3. I'd guess I've probably done dumber things out of curiosity though.
        sigpic

Comment

This is what I am looking for, something that converts at a decent pace. The media server has worked from time to time with me but i prefer to watch them off my flash drive (Im stubborn) but I have the media server installed, just need to configure it properly on my PC and then it may help me out.

Thank you to everyone for the help, CP's on the way!
          If you're going to put it on your flash drive, the file size needs to be less than 4GB. Your flash drive is more than likely FAT32 (which is also the only format the PS3 will read) so any file larger than 4 gigs isn't going to go on it. Just an FYI

Basically what that means is if you're going to go to the trouble of converting an MKV file to put on your PS3, do yourself a favor and don't even do it if it's bigger than 4gigs or you're wasting your time because it aint gunna happen.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
            What the.............:doh:

Yeah, I'm not sure why you'd do that either since you could just play it in the PS3. I'd guess I've probably done dumber things out of curiosity though.
            Yeah I seen the folder of my DVD drive and just had to check it out... However, it makes me wonder how playing my .ISO files would work... I'll test that in a bit
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

If you're going to put it on your flash drive, the file size needs to be less than 4GB. Your flash drive is more than likely FAT32 (which is also the only format the PS3 will read) so any file larger than 4 gigs isn't going to go on it. Just an FYI

Basically what that means is if you're going to go to the trouble of converting an MKV file to put on your PS3, do yourself a favor and don't even do it if it's bigger than 4gigs or you're wasting your time because it aint gunna happen.
              Not true, I have an 8gb file of season 1 of Dexter on my 16gb flash drive and it holds and reads, now do you mean ONE individual file or 4gbs altogether? I just like watching off that, no issues but im also open to trying this media server again..

Comment

Not true, I have an 8gb file of season 1 of Dexter on my 16gb flash drive and it holds and reads, now do you mean ONE individual file or 4gbs altogether? I just like watching off that, no issues but im also open to trying this media server again..
                FAT32 filesystem cannot hold an individual file larger in size than 4GB. Your Dexter episodes are probably anywhere from 350-700MB each depending on quality.

I recently was converting my external hard drive from FAT32 to NTFS and an error occurred and I ended up losing about 600GB of media. I was converting so I could put high resolution films on it. Mostly 1080p movies.

Comment

One individual file. So for instance, if you were to have a 1080p BluRay downloaded, more than likely that one file will be larger than 4gigs.

Your episodes of Dexter are probably individual files for each episode, and smaller than 4gigs. A file is different than a folder.
                  Last edited by kishzilla; 02-04-2011, 04:00 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

One individual file. So for instance, if you were to have a 1080p BluRay downloaded, more than likely that one file will be larger than 4gigs.

Your episodes of Dexter are probably individual files for each episode, and smaller than 4gigs. A file is different than a folder.
                    thank you for clearing that up, I forgot the rules of fat32 haha

Comment

Working...
                    X