• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred the Bunny View Post
    When it's all said and done--

People who flaunt pretension are merely trying to cover up their own insecurities. It's kinda sad.

I too, appreciate the genuine.

However....

Don't dog the sociopaths, they're fun. Some of the funnest people I know are completely lacking of empathy or guilt.

Or those like me...the borderline. I literally have no sense of shame when it comes to getting a good laugh (even if I'm the only one amused). I really do enjoy a good variety of spice when it comes to people. I can usually get just about anyone to crack the surface (when I care to try hard enough). Sure I'm moody and can't distinguish reality from fantasy most of the time, but I'm HELLA fun! Also, we're great in the sack!
    All of us?????

That would be a great thing to know before you got serious with someone......

hmmmm....but if you did know that, it might just be the reason for getting serious with someone.....or semi-serious....or what the heck

Leave a comment:

• Fred the Bunny
    replied
    When it's all said and done--

People who flaunt pretension are merely trying to cover up their own insecurities. It's kinda sad.

I too, appreciate the genuine.

However....

Don't dog the sociopaths, they're fun. Some of the funnest people I know are completely lacking of empathy or guilt.

Or those like me...the borderline. I literally have no sense of shame when it comes to getting a good laugh (even if I'm the only one amused). I really do enjoy a good variety of spice when it comes to people. I can usually get just about anyone to crack the surface (when I care to try hard enough). Sure I'm moody and can't distinguish reality from fantasy most of the time, but I'm HELLA fun! Also, we're great in the sack!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos Fan in Vancity View Post
    Man, Real People are the only people for me, it doesn't matter how you dress (as long as you have a broncos jersey in your closest) act or look as long are you are an honest (apart from to your girlfriend and the police) believe in karma to some extent (what goes around comes around) and have a generous soul.

Being cool is a stupid label enforced from elementary school on, I was overweight in elementary school, declared uncool, I got picked on a shiz ton, the spring of my 7th grade (end of elementary school in BC) my parents divorced. I had a lot of anger and convinced my mom to let me take Muay Thai camps for most of the summer.

Come Day 1 of high school, I walked into the school thinking that this was a place where I would be accepted, O how I was wrong. I was just meat we all were. The second day of school, I was walking around outside with a friend (lets call him Matt) I had just met in a class. Three 12th graders walked up to us and started calling us **** and all that shiz. We said nothing, just started to walk away, one of the guys (lets call him paul) grabbed my shoulder brought his face about 2 inches away from my face looked into my eyes and said "Your not gonna hang around here anymore are you, you f*cking ****" and then he stroked my chin, up to that point I had just put my head down and taken it. But then he stroked my chin, like I was a b*itch.

I lost it, Pushed him away, never saw it coming, Muay Thai elbow to the nose, I heard it crack, blood was everywhere. Matt and I booked like no tomorrow back inside the school, hung around for a while, waiting to see if there was an announcement about it but when the bell rang for my next class, I went to it and then went home. Didn't see the Paul for the rest of the day or his friends.

Paul didn't show up for the next few days at school, but whenever I saw his buddies they would catcall me, telling me how they would get me when he got back, and the overused *** comments. I still just put my head down and took it. I had and still have a big back.

I hadn't even thought about the incident in weeks when one day walking home from school with my homie (lets call him Sam) we had walked about half a block past an alley when a van pulled out of the alley behind us, I saw one of Paul's Friends in the passenger seat and told Sam to run. We heard some heavy footsteps behind us and turned to see 3 of Paul's friends sprinting toward us.

Their trap worked perfectly, we were like pigs in the middle, we tried to brake their line, but they were bigger and stronger and it was 6 on 2. We just curled up into little balls and took it. When I got home I told my mom we had boxing today in PE and I took a beating. She probably saw through that effortlessly, but she had a full plate at that time. No regrets.

About 4 or 5 days after the beating, when I thought I would be able to complete the task at hand. I walked into the cafeteria with a baseball bat and unloaded on Paul and one of his friends that tried to stop me. When the police came, I told them exactly what happened from the beginning. They told me my anger was warranted, but the way I got rid of it was not healthy for me or for anyone else. I asked Him if he thought 6 on 2 was as fair as a bat. He didn't answerer me.
    One week later I got expelled from my school.

I transferred schools, joined the track team, Nobody really bothered me, because everyone knew what I done, but that meant that nobody bothered with me. So I had even less friends than the last school, but it was OK at least I didn't get beat up. I also had a lot of time on my hands and signed up for a midget hockey team, I had never played anything apart from goalie because of my weight before, but during the team tryouts, the running I had been doing lately payed off, My stamina was highly increased and I was Fast even though I need to improve on my puck-handling, my speed at that point was off the charts for a midget hockey player in BC. So I was drafted in the 3rd round of the GVRD MIDGET DRAFT to a club near my house called UBC Thunderbirds. I played with them for 2 seasons.

At the end of Grade 9 at my new school, things were starting to look up 2 friends from my old school and come to my new school, over more bullying problems. I had also made some new friends, but the one thing that cemented it was I had gotten a girlfriend. Her brother played on one of the other teams in my league and was a year older. He became somewhat of an older brother figure to me over the years. He plays for a NHL team now, I will tell you who it is if you guess the NHL team.

One day I was biking to hockey practice when a car turning right force me to bail. I went down hard and my right leg was in immense pain. I crawled/pulled my bike to the sidewalk got out my cell and called the coach to tell him what had happened. A few minutes later one of the assistant coaches showed up is his truck drove me to the hospital. After a few weeks of occasional tests at the hospital, a lot of time at home and a lot of bong tokes. Results were conclusive, I had torn my ACL.

By the time I could hobble on my Knee again after the surgery. The summer was almost over, My girlfriend and I had broken up over the summer. I had been smoking chronic pretty much all summer to deal with the pain of the surgery/ex girlfriend whateva you wanna call it. I also didn't want to become addicted to pharmaceuticals, just keep it natural yall know what I mean.
    I always had decent grades (B's and the occasional A) but apparently if you puff a little herb your a druggie. My grades didn't drop and I started to smoke pot at school well still maintaining a good average and rehabbing everyday. Yet day by day the general opinion of me went downhill. I was getting faded at lunch, I was skipping class, I was stealing 5 Cent candies from Shell. Shiat Bro hes going of the deep end, that's not how a hockey player is supposed to act.

This is somewhat half finished but, Real life calls and Im done ranting for day.
    Tune in tomorrow for part 2 if I dont forgot

Interesting story......you Vancouver dude!

:thumb:

Leave a comment:

• Broncos Fan in Vancity
    replied
    Man, Real People are the only people for me, it doesn't matter how you dress (as long as you have a broncos jersey in your closest) act or look as long are you are an honest (apart from to your girlfriend and the police) believe in karma to some extent (what goes around comes around) and have a generous soul.

Being cool is a stupid label enforced from elementary school on, I was overweight in elementary school, declared uncool, I got picked on a shiz ton, the spring of my 7th grade (end of elementary school in BC) my parents divorced. I had a lot of anger and convinced my mom to let me take Muay Thai camps for most of the summer.

Come Day 1 of high school, I walked into the school thinking that this was a place where I would be accepted, O how I was wrong. I was just meat we all were. The second day of school, I was walking around outside with a friend (lets call him Matt) I had just met in a class. Three 12th graders walked up to us and started calling us **** and all that shiz. We said nothing, just started to walk away, one of the guys (lets call him paul) grabbed my shoulder brought his face about 2 inches away from my face looked into my eyes and said "Your not gonna hang around here anymore are you, you f*cking ****" and then he stroked my chin, up to that point I had just put my head down and taken it. But then he stroked my chin, like I was a b*itch.

I lost it, Pushed him away, never saw it coming, Muay Thai elbow to the nose, I heard it crack, blood was everywhere. Matt and I booked like no tomorrow back inside the school, hung around for a while, waiting to see if there was an announcement about it but when the bell rang for my next class, I went to it and then went home. Didn't see the Paul for the rest of the day or his friends.

Paul didn't show up for the next few days at school, but whenever I saw his buddies they would catcall me, telling me how they would get me when he got back, and the overused *** comments. I still just put my head down and took it. I had and still have a big back.

I hadn't even thought about the incident in weeks when one day walking home from school with my homie (lets call him Sam) we had walked about half a block past an alley when a van pulled out of the alley behind us, I saw one of Paul's Friends in the passenger seat and told Sam to run. We heard some heavy footsteps behind us and turned to see 3 of Paul's friends sprinting toward us.

Their trap worked perfectly, we were like pigs in the middle, we tried to brake their line, but they were bigger and stronger and it was 6 on 2. We just curled up into little balls and took it. When I got home I told my mom we had boxing today in PE and I took a beating. She probably saw through that effortlessly, but she had a full plate at that time. No regrets.

About 4 or 5 days after the beating, when I thought I would be able to complete the task at hand. I walked into the cafeteria with a baseball bat and unloaded on Paul and one of his friends that tried to stop me. When the police came, I told them exactly what happened from the beginning. They told me my anger was warranted, but the way I got rid of it was not healthy for me or for anyone else. I asked Him if he thought 6 on 2 was as fair as a bat. He didn't answerer me.
    One week later I got expelled from my school.

I transferred schools, joined the track team, Nobody really bothered me, because everyone knew what I done, but that meant that nobody bothered with me. So I had even less friends than the last school, but it was OK at least I didn't get beat up. I also had a lot of time on my hands and signed up for a midget hockey team, I had never played anything apart from goalie because of my weight before, but during the team tryouts, the running I had been doing lately payed off, My stamina was highly increased and I was Fast even though I need to improve on my puck-handling, my speed at that point was off the charts for a midget hockey player in BC. So I was drafted in the 3rd round of the GVRD MIDGET DRAFT to a club near my house called UBC Thunderbirds. I played with them for 2 seasons.

At the end of Grade 9 at my new school, things were starting to look up 2 friends from my old school and come to my new school, over more bullying problems. I had also made some new friends, but the one thing that cemented it was I had gotten a girlfriend. Her brother played on one of the other teams in my league and was a year older. He became somewhat of an older brother figure to me over the years. He plays for a NHL team now, I will tell you who it is if you guess the NHL team.

One day I was biking to hockey practice when a car turning right force me to bail. I went down hard and my right leg was in immense pain. I crawled/pulled my bike to the sidewalk got out my cell and called the coach to tell him what had happened. A few minutes later one of the assistant coaches showed up is his truck drove me to the hospital. After a few weeks of occasional tests at the hospital, a lot of time at home and a lot of bong tokes. Results were conclusive, I had torn my ACL.

By the time I could hobble on my Knee again after the surgery. The summer was almost over, My girlfriend and I had broken up over the summer. I had been smoking chronic pretty much all summer to deal with the pain of the surgery/ex girlfriend whateva you wanna call it. I also didn't want to become addicted to pharmaceuticals, just keep it natural yall know what I mean.
    I always had decent grades (B's and the occasional A) but apparently if you puff a little herb your a druggie. My grades didn't drop and I started to smoke pot at school well still maintaining a good average and rehabbing everyday. Yet day by day the general opinion of me went downhill. I was getting faded at lunch, I was skipping class, I was stealing 5 Cent candies from Shell. Shiat Bro hes going of the deep end, that's not how a hockey player is supposed to act.

This is somewhat half finished but, Real life calls and Im done ranting for day.
    Tune in tomorrow for part 2 if I dont forgot

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Originally posted by Biggregb View Post
    Always a great thread Can!

To my wife I am the sexiest man on the planet and to my kids I am the coolest dude in the universe. As long as I can continue to pull the wool over their eyes, I'll be just fine :thumb:
    Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    You an' me both, Greg!!!
    Im with both of you!!!

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Armada
    replied
    I use to dress up as a pimp. One day I was walking in the wrong neighbor hood and Jet beat me.

Now I wear a pinstriped suit and a fedora and act like a king pin.

Leave a comment:

• Biggregb
    replied
    Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    You an' me both, Greg!!!
    Here's to ya Jet

Leave a comment:

• jetrazor74
    replied
    Originally posted by Biggregb View Post

To my wife I am the sexiest man on the planet and to my kids I am the coolest dude in the universe. As long as I can continue to pull the wool over their eyes, I'll be just fine :thumb:
    You an' me both, Greg!!!

Leave a comment:

• Biggregb
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    I know what you mean about "fake" people. They manifest themselves in shades. Some people just suffer from anxiety or borderline personality disorder, but it doesn't take long to identify who the really problematic people are. Narcissistic people can be obnoxious, but it doesn't bother me. You just have to coddle these people. The people I have a big problem with are sociopaths, or people that exhibit some of the characteristics. These people indulge themselves at the expense of others. Life is a game to these people, and they change who they are according to who they are around. Some can't help but behave this way for a variety of reasons, but I find that most simply choose to manipulate others.

I always treat everyone fairly. Doesn't matter who you are, I don't discriminate (unless the person I'm dealing with is rude). When I was young, I used to pick fights, and bully people a lot. Then, when I transferred high schools, suddenly the tables were turned. I was suddenly the new guy, and discovered what it felt like. You have all of your sub-cultures in HS, but I chose to deliberately fall into none of them. I was a jock, but I hung out with the smart kids, the rebellious kids etc. It's a funny thing looking back, because shortly after I transferred schools, my school principle actually called me into his office to condemn me for my choice to hang out with everyone. This clown actually called me a hypocrite, and told me that I needed to decide what type of person I was going to be. I almost laughed at him right there in his office.

I've made a lot of sacrifices, but wouldn't change a thing. I go out of my way to help those in need, and always give the other guy the benefit of the doubt. We all make mistakes along the way, and people choose to slander us for it, but as long as you know that you are real and honest, that's what's important.

Leave a comment:

• LSIGRAD09
    replied
    Out of all of your posts Can, this is one of the best! I don't like people having to change themselves in order to "fit in." I admire being "who you are," and not pretending to be somebody you're not. Rock solid post.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    started a topic Raise A Glass To Non Phony People!

Raise A Glass To Non Phony People!

I think we know who most of them are, though we are sometimes captivated by their presence. Sometimes it's the way they dress, or the hair style, or the "swagger", or the cup of coffee they carry around with them. Often it's their preoccupation with self. It comes out in how they say things, how they avoid saying things, and how they generally say nothing. And for sure, the vast majority of their act is in the company of others, because surprisingly they can be someone more interesting when alone.......then again, who are they really?

They spend far too much time trying to be something they really aren't.

Does it make them a better person...........not likely. The impression may fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people.......... (you know the rest).

If I may:

......you will live a happier, easier life, by being proud and comfortable in your own skin, whether or not you are perceived as "cool" or "with it" or "in" or whatever crap people throw around in search of an illusion of life.

So be yourself.....even if it isn't really cool, or sexy, or exciting.....by the way, all of those things are relative, and in the eyes of the beholder. But so what, even if those descriptions are not the best way of identifying you. So what? Be the best you, that you can be. People will be there for YOU. And those who really get it, will always admire and respect you for your honesty, reliability and dare I say........being the ultimate cool person, that is, knowing who you are and not hiding the fact.

And even if you think you are different, and maybe not the most popular person out there, just remember......there are others who like the same things you do, have the same interests, behave the same way, and understand the meaning of being 100% Non Phony.

You are never alone.........

:thumb:
Working...
X