I Feel the Need.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less I am free!!!!
    You know you owe me a ten second car, right?
    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
      You know you owe me a ten second car, right?
      Awe man!!! LOL

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
      Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
      Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
      Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
      I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Nice man! Ya and if you noticed, I actually have an Eclipse front bumper on my Talon. I might eventually do the whole Eclipse conversion because I like the look of the GST/GSX a little better than the Talon Tsi.

Do you have anything done to your car? Is it a Gst/Gsx or non turbo?
        When I bought it, the previous owner had made some mods to it. It came with an intake and muffler plus non-performance things like an amp and subs, etc. I've been looking at turbos but its a purchase for later on. Right now that car is a blessing and a curse, there are things that are higher priority right now like fixing a door that won't open, things like that. Even with it's problems, I love it, she stands her ground with better cars
        2012 Adopt-A-Bronco: Elvis Dumervil

Comment

The governor kicked on in my '97 Grand Am at 105. I was pissed.

Out here in the wild wild west, we have places we can test with no police around. Dry lake beds are the BEST!

I just referenced the "need for speed" in the NASCAR thread the other day. :thumb:
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Topgun View Post
            When I bought it, the previous owner had made some mods to it. It came with an intake and muffler plus non-performance things like an amp and subs, etc.I've been looking at turbos but its a purchase for later on. Right now that car is a blessing and a curse, there are things that are higher priority right now like fixing a door that won't open, things like that. Even with it's problems, I love it, she stands her ground with better cars
            If it doesn't have a turbo, don't bother trying to put one in. It's cheaper to buy a Turbo DSM than it is to have one put in a non turbo DSM. Also, the motors in the Turbo DSMs are different and better built for handling boost.

Just a bit of advice.
            sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

If it doesn't have a turbo, don't bother trying to put one in. It's cheaper to buy a Turbo DSM than it is to have one put in a non turbo DSM. Also, the motors in the Turbo DSMs are different and better built for handling boost.

Just a bit of advice.
              Biggest thing would be keeping the compression down. I don't even want to think about what it would be like digging into one of those. That's a DOHC right? Nice car by the way. I actually have a turbo for a Talon (2.0?), but it's a '95. I keep showing it to kids, but it seems like everyone wants to buy new.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                Biggest thing would be keeping the compression down. I don't even want to think about what it would be like digging into one of those. That's a DOHC right? Nice car by the way. I actually have a turbo for a Talon (2.0?), but it's a '95. I keep showing it to kids, but it seems like everyone wants to buy new.
                Yes it is a DOHC cam 4G63, which is the same motor that comes in the Evos all the way up until the new EVO 10.

The 4G63 is just a beast of a motor for 4 cylinders, and the stock bottom end has been capable of 600whp before needing to be built. The 420a that comes in the non turbo motors can make decent power but it's not anything close to the 4g63. Ya you got the little garret t25 turbo if it's for a 95 i think.. it's tiny but spools up real quick. I went with an EVO 3 16g right away when I got my talon, but now i'm ready for something more.

Thanks for the compliment, I like my car. AWD burnouts are fun.
                sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Thanks for the compliment, I like my car. AWD burnouts are fun.
                  Yeah, that's one of the coolest things about those cars. I wouldn't mind having a 3000GT sitting in my drive way, that's for sure. I'd probably get some flack from my brother, but he just picked up a '76 Monza, so whatever.

Comment

Yeah, that's one of the coolest things about those cars. I wouldn't mind having a 3000GT sitting in my drive way, that's for sure. I'd probably get some flack from my brother, but he just picked up a '76 Monza, so whatever.
                    Ya my brother actually has a Twin Turbo 3000gt Vr4. It's the black one that you see in those pictures. They are gorgeous cars and are monsters on the highway.

BTW I like your Monte Carlo SS. One of my favorite muscle cars is the Buick grand national that looks very similar.
                    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Ya my brother actually has a Twin Turbo 3000gt Vr4. It's the black one that you see in those pictures. They are gorgeous cars and are monsters on the highway.

BTW I like your Monte Carlo SS. One of my favorite muscle cars is the Buick grand national that looks very similar.
                      Buicks have a better stock set up though. The first thing you do when you get an SS, is figure out which motor you're going to put in it. I thought about a stroker, but didn't want to have the rear end completely rebuilt, and at the time, I didn't want to switch to a manual. It's a 350, Trick Flow aluminum 195's, 1.5 and 1.6 roller rockers, .510 intake and exhaust lift, air gap intake, and a 670 street avenger carb. It's good for around 400WHP, which is fine for me (my front clip agrees).

Comment

Buicks have a better stock set up though. The first thing you do when you get an SS, is figure out which motor you're going to put in it. I thought about a stroker, but didn't want to have the rear end completely rebuilt, and at the time, I didn't want to switch to a manual. It's a 350, Trick Flow aluminum 195's, 1.5 and 1.6 roller rockers, .510 intake and exhaust lift, air gap intake, and a 670 street avenger carb. It's good for around 400WHP, which is fine for me (my front clip agrees).
                        Nice. Isn't the Grand National a 3.8 liter Turbo?
                        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Nice. Isn't the Grand National a 3.8 liter Turbo?
                          Yup. They're not radical, but if I had one, I would keep it original. Collectors love 'em.

Comment

i have a need for speed to.

Except mines the injectable kind.

But when I need an adrenaline rush I just walk into on coming traffic.

Now go get your shine box

Comment

Working...
                            X