Can You Pass By Tasty Food At Work???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can You Pass By Tasty Food At Work???

I don't know about you, but I find it extremely hard not to get my hands on decent tasting free food at work. If I see a box of doughnuts, or muffins, or pizza, or chicken........the list goes on, I have this instant salivation sensation that prevents me from passing by. I don't think I'm too alone, based on the speed at which the food is gonzo!

Maybe cause it's free.......and maybe cause I love those tasty goodies....and probably cause it's a combination of both, but regardless, I rarely pass by without nabbing something.

In fact, today I pinched a nice muffin from a tray meant for customers. But what the heck, there were lots of muffins, and I work hard for these guys......and being a semi-retired dude, I am on a tighter budget these days (I have more excuses).

Interestingly when I was in my career days, our group often provided goodies for the employees, and I sometimes felt those folks were a bit on the "pig out" side of life. But now that I work part time, at a less qualified (easier) position, I am on the other side of the food table, and believe me, I'm not too proud anymore.

I am really ticked however that I no longer work on Tuesdays, because Tuesday is a guaranteed doughnut day. One of the vendors brings them religiously, every Tuesday. Man I miss Tuesdays!!! Luckily I will be working a Tuesday shift for one of my buds, very soon. You can bet I will have my coffee ready when that fine vendor shows up.

well me being the guy who comes in when most people are gone and cleans the workplace, I really try to avoid eating most foods that are still there... Once in awhile I'll get offered the rest of a giant sandwich or part of a cake, but I don't want to cuz it's been out all day... But if there are doughnut holes, or other little candies, you bet I'm all over that One lady has a jar full of hershey's nuggets, and when I remember to I take one or two. I try to pitch in some money once in awhile when I do that though.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Lord I sure do miss Tim Horton's since I moved down here...

Dunkin Donuts just doesn't stand up to Tim's...
      Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Food just tastes better when it's free! 9 times out of 10 if there is free food I will partake!

Thx,
        Joe
        To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

I think I can, but I'm inconsistant. I get the advantage since I work at a grocery store!
          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

There's nothing left after I go by.
            sigpic

Comment

all i have to say about this is, try owning a restaurant. my job the last decade has been literally in a refrigerator. luckily for the waistline no donuts or chicken fingers involved...

Comment

I work at a technical center and I am the culinary students' guinea pig for pretty much all the desserts .
                sigpic
                The Bronco fan pledge;
                I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

There is a candy dish every other desk at my work and whenever we start to get busy they ask staff to take 30 minute lunches and order food...the 30 minute part sucks but the food is almost always good!!

Comment

Originally posted by pikman View Post
                    Lord I sure do miss Tim Horton's since I moved down here...

Dunkin Donuts just doesn't stand up to Tim's...
                    You a Canuck too??? I believe Tim Horton's is in our DNA.....

Comment

Originally posted by garzjoe View Post
                      Food just tastes better when it's free! 9 times out of 10 if there is free food I will partake!

Thx,
                      Joe
                      What's wrong with you on the other "tenth"???

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                        I think I can, but I'm inconsistant. I get the advantage since I work at a grocery store!
                        talk about the possibilities!!!

Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
                        There's nothing left after I go by.
                        Probably some dude who always follows you says something like, "there's never any free food here."

Originally posted by Gatorgirl View Post
                        all i have to say about this is, try owning a restaurant. my job the last decade has been literally in a refrigerator. luckily for the waistline no donuts or chicken fingers involved...
                        need a good parka eh Gg!!!

Originally posted by BleedOrange2915 View Post
                        There is a candy dish every other desk at my work and whenever we start to get busy they ask staff to take 30 minute lunches and order food...the 30 minute part sucks but the food is almost always good!!
                        funny thing......I recently visited an office I used to work in (about 5 years ago), and I swear the candy at the front desk was the same type of candy.......cmon, move on dudes!!!

(hope it wasn't the exact same candy.......)

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          You a Canuck too??? I believe Tim Horton's is in our DNA.....
                          Born and raised Alberta boy. Been working in the US for the past 6 years, only Tim's I get is when we road trip to NYC.
                          Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by pikman View Post
                            Born and raised Alberta boy. Been working in the US for the past 6 years, only Tim's I get is when we road trip to NYC.
                            BTW.....you have great name for a Dback!!!!:thumb:

Comment

Brimming full candy dishes abound in my office. On each Friday, the managers alternate bringing in doughnuts and/or bagels and/or breakfast burritos. We also have a vending machine in the kitchen. We're furnished free sodas. Last week we learned that there are some big changes afoot (layoffs) in the coming months and one of the bits of information given to us was a suggestion that we not turn to food as comfort. Apparently that manager was serious... the candy dish in his area disappeared and has been replaced by apples. Yuck. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X