Can You Pass By Tasty Food At Work???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XXXII&III View Post
    Brimming full candy dishes abound in my office. On each Friday, the managers alternate bringing in doughnuts and/or bagels and/or breakfast burritos. We also have a vending machine in the kitchen. We're furnished free sodas. Last week we learned that there are some big changes afoot (layoffs) in the coming months and one of the bits of information given to us was a suggestion that we not turn to food as comfort. Apparently that manager was serious... the candy dish in his area disappeared and has been replaced by apples. Yuck. lol
    Sad to hear about the layoffs.......as for the "comfort" food ........bs ...... people have to feel good, even if it's just a little treat. Does that manager really think that healthy food will cheer everyone up at a tough time???? Sorry......that's thinking way too hard.

Comment

Thanks - more than half our office (including me) will be let go. But yeah, I agree, the apple thing is a bit much. I'd like to throw some apples at that manager! lol

(I'm good - planning on taking some time off to just chill & recharge and actually can't wait to get to it.)

Comment

Originally posted by XXXII&III View Post
        Thanks - more than half our office (including me) will be let go. But yeah, I agree, the apple thing is a bit much. I'd like to throw some apples at that manager! lol

(I'm good - planning on taking some time off to just chill & recharge and actually can't wait to get to it.)
        Sorry bud......but great outlook!! An attitude like that will take you far......this thing is just a little tweak in the big picture.

Apples!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Shame on me I could NEVER resit free food especially where I was working. I had the advantage since I was at a grocery store they had cookies home made donuts and ice cream. I worked there 3 years my dad was the owner of store I had watch my back at all times the food was for customers ONLY and not the employees silly me.

I wasn't only one ate food there some other employees did also just had make sure none of managers saw you was scary at times I'm glad my dad never found out that I did.

Nice thread btw, CanDB!
          sigpic

Comment

LMAO! I'm right there with all of you. There are always goodies in my workplace, and conveniently they're on my way to the printer. It's very hard to pass them up.

I must've eaten a dozen donut holes the other day because everytime I went to the printer I'd grab one. I seemed to be the only one too so that didn't help.

Whether someone brings in some home baked goodies, or it's leftovers from a meeting...I just can't get enough!
            My other love...
            sigpic
            305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

I work in a large call center, travel related. There is a vendor visit nearly every day and they always bring in food.

Danishes, bagels, muffins etc for breakfast
              Deli sandwiches, salads, Pizza and such for lunch

my all time favorite though is The Potato bar setup .... your choice of Baked or Mashed Potato, all the fixins Cheese, bacon, chives, sour cream etc and then they have a brown mushroom gravy or a spinach/crab white sauce to pour over it. HEAVEN ON A PLATE!!

Then you have the old ladies (I call them "Lifers" because they have been in the business for so long) that always bring in some kind of home made dish of some sorts. My fave are the lemon squares scratch made by a lifer!! AWESOMENESS

and then it never fails it's always someone birthday or someone is getting married or having a baby so there is always the great Pot Luck lunches. Variety rules!!

Free Food is AWESOME!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
                I work in a large call center, travel related. There is a vendor visit nearly every day and they always bring in food.

Danishes, bagels, muffins etc for breakfast
                Deli sandwiches, salads, Pizza and such for lunch

my all time favorite though is The Potato bar setup .... your choice of Baked or Mashed Potato, all the fixins Cheese, bacon, chives, sour cream etc and then they have a brown mushroom gravy or a spinach/crab white sauce to pour over it. HEAVEN ON A PLATE!!

Then you have the old ladies (I call them "Lifers" because they have been in the business for so long) that always bring in some kind of home made dish of some sorts. My fave are the lemon squares scratch made by a lifer!! AWESOMENESS

and then it never fails it's always someone birthday or someone is getting married or having a baby so there is always the great Pot Luck lunches. Variety rules!!

Free Food is AWESOME!
                Call Centers are food havens!!!!!!:thumb:

,,,,,,push one for service, two for doughnuts and three for whatever else is on the table today......

Comment

Working...
                X