Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Ever Think You Influence Big League Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Ever Think You Influence Big League Games?

Sometimes when I watch games I feel like I either have to stick it out, even the most tense ones, or stop watching, for my team or fav player to win. I'll even test the theory, during a game, and sometimes I swear I must stay or go for my gang to pull it off. For example.....I miss a part and they do well, and I watch for a while and they start to suck (or vice versa).

Now this doesn't apply to the BIG GAMES, when I stick it out no matter how much pacing I have to do, to keep my sanity. I call that loyalty.

But as to the superstitious theory above, does this ever happen to you? (Please someone say 'yes'). Funny thing, my youngest daughter often looks away, or leaves the room when games get tight. And in one classic hockey game, both my wife and her left the room completely while I held down the fort!!
    Luckily for them, my yelling and jumping up and down gave them the answer they were hoping for.

Regardless, as long as I think it is helping a certain player or team, I will probably keep doing this superstitious, make that 'ridiculous' thing. Team first, right!!!

And to be sure, I will not quit on any of the big games, which for the Broncos is every game.....because missing the end of a dramatic, tense, almost excruciating game, when your fav player or team manages to win in spite of everything looking otherwise, is something that you will regret for many years to come......
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-03-2011, 08:20 AM.

Yes! I know EXACTLY what u mean

Comment

No, Can, you're weird. Just kidding.

I'll start out by saying the only sport I follow is football (pro and college...American, eh?). Oh and the Olympics. And figure skating (which I consider a sport). <--I'm a gal, that's my perogative.

I don't have superstitions when it comes to watching games, but I will say that once I start watching, I'm pretty much hooked until the end. It's not superstitious, though, it's more like I need to finish what I start. I will say that when I attend games in person I never, ever leave early. Even if the score is horrendously lopsided or the light snow becomes a blizzard, and the stadium is quickly emptying out. And actually that's not finishing what I start, that's just getting my money's worth. And when primo seats open up due to people leaving early, and I go sit in them, that's REALLY an opportunity to get your money's worth!

I like your threads.

Comment

I am the same way Dave, always.

Got to stick it out till the end.......never miss a second.
        sigpic

Comment

Big Time.

Hilarious story with this too. I mean HILARIOUS!!! Kinda long though.

Back when I was 16 or so, I was in High School I know that. I and another friend we at another friends house (so 3 people) watching the Avalanche game. This game was very important, I do not remember why, but I know that we had to win for one reason or another. This was the year we won the cup I think, but I dont think it was the cup game, Might have been. Not sure...anyway- we are at his house watching the game.

The Avs are doing ok, tie score, or no score-whatever. And out of no where I had to immediately hit the can. Must have been the chicken wings. The bathroom was on the same floor and technically in the same room but it was all the way at the back of the hall/room (it was a ranch house and the bathroom in the master was being remodeled and not usable). So it was far away from the main TV. Anyway, I cant wait for intermission or anything, it need to hit the can now. I go in take care of business, trying to go as fast as I can so I dont miss any of the game. And as I am erupting, I hear my two other friends erupting. SCORE!!!!!!

So I finish up as fast as I can, pull my pants up and run out to see the replay. Didnt even wash my hands. I run out, get down the hall to the TV and Bam, game is back on and the other team just scored. Sad and pissed I went back into the bathroom to wash up. As I get back in there and start washing my hands, I hear cheers! We just went on a power play. I hurry up an dry my hands, get out, get to the TV to watch our powerplay and then we take a penalty. Bummer 4 on 4. So the guys are like- hey man, get your ass back in the bathroom. Every time you come out something bad happens.

About this time 2 more of our friends show up to watch the game. Just got off work. One had his girlfriend with him. Megan. There are 6 of us now rearing to watch this important game for the avalanche. (for those who do not know, i play hockey so do my friends, it is like our life-very important to all of us) Meg, has to pee, I come out of the bathroom and because of the rank smell she decides to hold it and wait for the air to clear. As I am out of the bathroom, Powerplay for the other team. I do not go back into the bathroom because I want to watch the game and sure enough. Score for the other team.

2nd period is underway and to start the period I jokingly go into the bathroom. POWERPLAY for us. I am not kidding either. This all actually happened like clockwork. So weird, but so awesome at the same time. So we decide it is best if I stay in there for the powerplay. Dan had to piss, so he also came in to the bathroom. I come out and powerplay over, nothing happened. Dan is done and I go back in, he is washing his hands and Patrick Roy makes a brilliant save on a partial breakaway. We now understand the power of the bathroom. Once you go in you can not come out. Knowing that Dan and I are in there, and as the game goes on we are playing better.

We decide this is what must be done. We get like 5 extension cords and bring in this little like 15 inch tv into the bathroom so dan and I can watch without hurting the team. 3rd period now and ben has to piss too. Anyway, to make a long story short, all of us are in the bathroom now except megan. Game goes into Overtime ( I think we were playing dallas is who it was, now that I type it all out) and megan can not hold it anylonger. She comes in and declares that she has to pee. And the 5 of us are not leaving the bathroom It is Overtime!! We can not risk it. One goal and the avs lose. So 6 people are in this tiny little bathroom, just a toilet, and a sink, and she is peeing in there. We all kind turn our backs, until she is done.

About this time Dans dad and mom come home to find an extension cord stretching throughout the length of the house going to the bathroom. His mom opens the door and literally sees all 5 of us guys in there hunched in front of this tiny TV, while Megan is sitting on the toilet taking a pee.

LMAO!!

I can only imagine what she was thinking. LOL>.

she looks in sees us 5 guys and says what are you doing!? Then she sees megan pissing and says OH!!! and slams the door and leaves. lol. so funny.

and yes, the avs did win in OT. And we controlled what happened!! I have no doubt about it.
          So far:
          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

my girl thinks I am nuts because I absolutely believe in this...big time games I cant help but watch but regular season I will absolutely stay or leave a game depending on the immediate action...It might be crazy but it keeps us sports nuts sane, I swear!

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
              Big Time.

Hilarious story with this too. I mean HILARIOUS!!! Kinda long though.

Back when I was 16 or so, I was in High School I know that. I and another friend we at another friends house (so 3 people) watching the Avalanche game. This game was very important, I do not remember why, but I know that we had to win for one reason or another. This was the year we won the cup I think, but I dont think it was the cup game, Might have been. Not sure...anyway- we are at his house watching the game.

The Avs are doing ok, tie score, or no score-whatever. And out of no where I had to immediately hit the can. Must have been the chicken wings. The bathroom was on the same floor and technically in the same room but it was all the way at the back of the hall/room (it was a ranch house and the bathroom in the master was being remodeled and not usable). So it was far away from the main TV. Anyway, I cant wait for intermission or anything, it need to hit the can now. I go in take care of business, trying to go as fast as I can so I dont miss any of the game. And as I am erupting, I hear my two other friends erupting. SCORE!!!!!!

So I finish up as fast as I can, pull my pants up and run out to see the replay. Didnt even wash my hands. I run out, get down the hall to the TV and Bam, game is back on and the other team just scored. Sad and pissed I went back into the bathroom to wash up. As I get back in there and start washing my hands, I hear cheers! We just went on a power play. I hurry up an dry my hands, get out, get to the TV to watch our powerplay and then we take a penalty. Bummer 4 on 4. So the guys are like- hey man, get your ass back in the bathroom. Every time you come out something bad happens.

About this time 2 more of our friends show up to watch the game. Just got off work. One had his girlfriend with him. Megan. There are 6 of us now rearing to watch this important game for the avalanche. (for those who do not know, i play hockey so do my friends, it is like our life-very important to all of us) Meg, has to pee, I come out of the bathroom and because of the rank smell she decides to hold it and wait for the air to clear. As I am out of the bathroom, Powerplay for the other team. I do not go back into the bathroom because I want to watch the game and sure enough. Score for the other team.

2nd period is underway and to start the period I jokingly go into the bathroom. POWERPLAY for us. I am not kidding either. This all actually happened like clockwork. So weird, but so awesome at the same time. So we decide it is best if I stay in there for the powerplay. Dan had to piss, so he also came in to the bathroom. I come out and powerplay over, nothing happened. Dan is done and I go back in, he is washing his hands and Patrick Roy makes a brilliant save on a partial breakaway. We now understand the power of the bathroom. Once you go in you can not come out. Knowing that Dan and I are in there, and as the game goes on we are playing better.

We decide this is what must be done. We get like 5 extension cords and bring in this little like 15 inch tv into the bathroom so dan and I can watch without hurting the team. 3rd period now and ben has to piss too. Anyway, to make a long story short, all of us are in the bathroom now except megan. Game goes into Overtime ( I think we were playing dallas is who it was, now that I type it all out) and megan can not hold it anylonger. She comes in and declares that she has to pee. And the 5 of us are not leaving the bathroom It is Overtime!! We can not risk it. One goal and the avs lose. So 6 people are in this tiny little bathroom, just a toilet, and a sink, and she is peeing in there. We all kind turn our backs, until she is done.

About this time Dans dad and mom come home to find an extension cord stretching throughout the length of the house going to the bathroom. His mom opens the door and literally sees all 5 of us guys in there hunched in front of this tiny TV, while Megan is sitting on the toilet taking a pee.

LMAO!!

I can only imagine what she was thinking. LOL>.

she looks in sees us 5 guys and says what are you doing!? Then she sees megan pissing and says OH!!! and slams the door and leaves. lol. so funny.

and yes, the avs did win in OT. And we controlled what happened!! I have no doubt about it.
              sooooooooooooooo good!!!!!:thumb:

CPs when I refresh.......

Comment

Originally posted by XXXII&III View Post
                No, Can, you're weird.:thumb:
                I like your threads.

1) Smartest thing you said!!!!!
                2) You like my clothes??????

Last edited by CanDB; 03-03-2011, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Hey! No fair on selective quoting!

I was misquoted!

Out of context!

You must be a reporter or something.

Comment

Yes

I am so superstitious during games it is painful. If they score while I was flipping the channel checking another game, I do it for the whole game.

I am at the point I prefer to watch games myself because of all the things I do during one.

Yes I affect games, and my mental health!!
                    sigpic

Comment

ok I do have one, after all.

I was at both superbowls (guess which ones). I was the sole reason the Broncos won. Seriously. I wasn't at any of the losing games. The only two superbowls I ever attended, the Broncos won. Apply your own logic!!

And I will carry that responsibility to the grave. From now on, I am obligated to attend all future superbowls to insure the Broncos win. When I croak, sorry, you guys are on your own.

Comment

Depends on what Hat I'm wearing. I've learned to not wear some Broncos hats on Gameday.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, if you chuck a snowball that makes the 49ers kicker miss a game winning field goal, you better believe you can influence big league games!

I firmly believe my barrage of soul weakening heckling before the game caused Phillip Rivers (I called him Phyllis) to have a slow start in the Hochuli game. That slow start was key in the Broncos having a shot to win the game at the end.

So I have directly influenced a big league game

Comment

"The Hochuli Game" LOL

Love it - that's an instant reference - I know exactly which game you're talking about - when it was and who we played.

Well then I must thank you for helping to create such good entertainment.

I emailed Hochuli afterwards - told him not to beat himself up, just learn from his mistakes and let it go, blah blah. and it wasn't until the very end that I might have mentioned being a Broncos fan had nothing to do with what I was telling him... ::smirk::

He emailed me back thanking me for my understanding and promising to work really hard to prevent it from happening again.

(of course it was a mass email in response to the thousands he received but that's beside the point)

Comment

Originally posted by XXXII&III View Post
                              ok I do have one, after all.

I was at both superbowls (guess which ones). I was the sole reason the Broncos won. Seriously. I wasn't at any of the losing games. The only two superbowls I ever attended, the Broncos won. Apply your own logic!!

And I will carry that responsibility to the grave. From now on, I am obligated to attend all future superbowls to insure the Broncos win. When I croak, sorry, you guys are on your own.
                              I guess we got to chip in here to make sure you get to the next Broncos SB.........

hmmmmmm........this is getting expensive, but the outcome may be worth it.

BTW.......I believe I would have that affect as well, therefore I think I need to be sent to the next Broncos SB game.

Comment

Working...
                              X