Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends

There is some compensation when you are down and out and have nowhere to turn........it is exactly then that you will know who you're friends are

Hopefully you will be able to recognize who they are when you are are moving up and all is well in your world, and possibly disregarding their value to you

Friends are a key to life. I tend to be choosey of who I associate with for the most part. I prefer the smaller group of friends to a larger group, as it's much easier to see who is truly there for you. The downside to my approach is at my age, about half of my friends have left for military or job corps.

Friends are great for picking you up when you are down... I've realized this more than ever the last month or two.

Great post Can!
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

With a little help from my friends...

http://youtu.be/xeolpOB-12A
      - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        There is some compensation when you are down and out and have nowhere to turn........it is exactly then that you will know who you're friends are

Hopefully you will be able to recognize who they are when you are are moving up and all is well in your world, and possibly disregarding their value to you
        Were it that easy.
        sigpic

Comment

I have friends that I spend time with outside of school and work (of course).

But I can honestly say, for the past 4 years... some of my closest friends have been my peers in my BSN program.

I wrote this letter today to my classmates after our last exam together:

We all have accomplished an amazing task. All of us are going to step into the clinical setting and promote health for the greater good of society. Accomplishing this task was not easy. The amount of hours we had to put in for both lecture and clinicals is a feat to celebrate with our busy lives We have all had our good and bad days together. We've cursed, cried, joked, and laughed together. All of us have formed bonds with each individual in this group, and that specific and special bond will last forever.

When I got to question 100/100 on the CHA II final today, and clicked submit, a warning came up on the screen asking me if "I was sure I wanted to submit the exam." I waited and stared at the computer for about 20 minutes on that one warning screen; not because I was worried about my exam, but because I couldn't believe that this was it for us; that all that hard work studying and time spent with you guys to pass these exams together in this program was at the end.

I seriously love you guys. For the past two years you have all been like my sisters and brothers; and I will really miss seeing you guys week in and week out.

Seriously, this thread couldn't have come at a better time. The realization of the importance of these people I wrote to is very overwhelming to me.

After that exam, one of my classmates (Julie or AKA Juelz) came out of the exam room with a wide grin. We all gathered around and asked the usual how'd it go (even though we knew by her expression how it went for her). About five seconds later, her face got super red and she started to tear up and cry. It was a really precious moment for the 20+ of us standing around her.

They were tears of joy, but we all knew that they meant that the process of us getting through this TOGETHER week in and week out has come to an end. All of the highs, lows, stress... it all came to an end.

Some of you won't understand this, and that's okay.

Anyways...
          Last edited by Peerless; 05-10-2011, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Thank you for sharing that, Peerless.

I kind of teared up.

You're going to be great in your field. You've got a big heart.
            Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post

But I can honestly say, for the past 4 years... some of my closest friends have been my peers in my BSN program.

Seriously, this thread couldn't have come at a better time. The realization of the importance of these people I wrote to is very overwhelming to me.

After that exam, one of my classmates (Julie or AKA Juelz) came out of the exam room with a wide grin. We all gathered around and asked the usual how'd it go (even though we knew by her expression how it went for her). About five seconds later, her face got super red and she started to tear up and cry. It was a really precious moment for the 20+ of us standing around her.

They were tears of joy, but we all knew that they meant that the process of us getting through this TOGETHER week in and week out has come to an end. All of the highs, lows, stress... it all came to an end.

Anyways...
              See Brent, that's a big reason why I consider you a "young" bud of mine, because you are able to express your true feelings, and in a very easy to understand way. You are a communicator, and you have a heart. Don't ever forget what you bring, because fewer people can pull it off the way you do.

I am glad that my post had some merit in terms of what you are going through right now. And I know the feeling very well.......saying goodbye to folks that have become friends, allies and everyday reminders of what's important in your life.

You are blessed as well, because you have gone the route, and connected with so many, and for a better cause.

Congratulations Brent! And If I may, never change that part of you! It's what makes you a special guy.....

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                There is some compensation when you are down and out and have nowhere to turn........it is exactly then that you will know who your friends are

corrected.....just a typo....I can do better than that.

Comment

Anyways...
                  You're a special dude. I can only wish you the best in all you do and can't help but think that your friends are blessed to have you.

Congrats on the HUGE accomplishment. And good luck!!
                  *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                  *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                  *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Anyways...
                    That sounds like a great experience. I haven't yet graduated, but I think it'll be a similar feeling when I finally do a few more years down the road.

Comment

For one to have friends, even just one, you must pay some dues in terms of commitment, support and at times, hard work. If you are not prepared to do those things, don't expect others to feel the bond.

What Brent has experienced only came about because people expressed care for one another and proved it in their actions.... likely even through sacrifices made. The same outcome is not a given in other similar situations.

Comment

Old Friendships

I have been blessed with a number of great relationships. My best buddies go back between 40 - 45 years.

Since then, I have made many great friendships, but those ones from my early years are timeless, and easy as a flavourful cup of coffee on a beautiful morning. And we can go months without talking, and all is well when we meet again.....there is no change in our dynamics. We just pick up from wherever we left off. The bonds are solid as steel.

I do love all the relations I have made over my many years, but those oldies are golden for many reasons.....

Golden Oldies!

Comment

I know the feeling.

Me and one of my friends have literally be friends since pre-school. Both currently 20yrs old. Years and years of friendship. We can go months without talking, but once we start it's endless conversations.

Don't have a friendship like that with anyone else. Buddies for life.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I have made some good friends over the years & part of the reason is i have been through alot of jobs & that's also the reason i don't really have any long term friends because when people move onto other jobs or in my cause lose their jobs, well quite frankly people don't stay in touch.

And it's certainly isn't for a lack of effort on my part, i have tried to reach out to some of the better friends i made at the different jobs i have had & it's like pulling teeth or something for them or they just flat out don't care, so i just give up on it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                              I have made some good friends over the years & part of the reason is i have been through alot of jobs & that's also the reason i don't really have any long term friends because when people move onto other jobs or in my cause lose their jobs, well quite frankly people don't stay in touch.

And it's certainly isn't for a lack of effort on my part, i have tried to reach out to some of the better friends i made at the different jobs i have had & it's like pulling teeth or something for them or they just flat out don't care, so i just give up on it.
                              They're probably Steelers fans is why.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X