anyone have a Germ phobia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have a Germ phobia?

kind of curious if other people have germ phobias? I carry hand sanitizer with me every where, I carry a clean hankie everyday to open doors, I pump gas with gloves on and if I eat out I bring my own little wrapped plastic fork knife and spoon.

Go ahead, laugh. probably a bit of an illness or something. I may have picked up at a young age from father who was rather cautious of germs but not to the extent that I take it.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
    kind of curious if other people have germ phobias? I carry hand sanitizer with me every where, I carry a clean hankie everyday to open doors, I pump gas with gloves on and if I eat out I bring my own little wrapped plastic fork knife and spoon.

Go ahead, laugh. probably a bit of an illness or something. I may have picked up at a young age from father who was rather cautious of germs but not to the extent that I take it.
    Have a kid that'll cure ya.
    sigpic
    photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

My little brother is like that. He's a pig too. He just doesn't like anyone's slop but his own. If he sees so much as a piece of dried egg on silverware at a restaurant, I get all his food. He won't wear clothes from the store until they're washed at least once. He can't stand using the bathroom anywhere but his house.

But if it's his crap, he'll drop his own car key in the mud, pick it up and lick it off; so long as it's his and it's familiar to him.

Sort of like a monkey.

Comment

Not really, but after working where I work... I love handsanitizers and cleaning my desk and my hands.
        Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
        sigpic

Comment

There are over 600 species of bacteria living in you and on you.
          Also, there is 9 bacteria cells for every 1 human cell, which means 90% of the cells on or in you are bacteria.

There is 2 to 4 POUNDS of bacteria in your gut alone.

Even just breathing, there are literally tons of mold spores you suck in with every breath.

If you're afraid of getting sick I can kind of see why you might do that , but if you are trying to avoid bacteria, aka "germs", well, your covered in them lol.
          Last edited by BroncoFanNC; 05-13-2011, 01:02 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

That is so funny. Haha, bring your own plastic spoons and forks. That is just pure awesomeness!!

Like said above you can not avoid germs or bacteria and most of them are not harmful to us to even notice.

What do you do on an airplane? or camping? Do you camp? have you ever been?
            So far:
            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
              There are over 600 species of bacteria living in you and on you.
              Also, there is 9 bacteria cells for every 1 human cell, which means 90% of the cells on or in you are bacteria.

There is 2 to 4 POUNDS of bacteria in your gut alone.

Even just breathing, there are literally tons of mold spores you suck in with every breath.

If you're afraid of getting sick I can kind of see why you might do that , but if you are trying to avoid bacteria, aka "germs", well, your covered in them lol.

dude, I really don't need that kind of thing in my head.
              sigpic

Comment

A lot of people have wierd phobia's I'd say being cleanly with germs is pretty low on the list of wierd phobia's.

I'm sure you can't be as bad as this guy I used to work with, he sat at the desk across from me with a small divider between us and if I ever sneezed or coughed (even if it wasn't in his direction) He'd spray me with lysol....when I finally went off on him about it be put a giant post-it board up between us so he couldn't see me and refused to talk to me from there.
                sigpic

Comment

Finding some interesting old threads. Yes, know what you mean it's a small part of OCD. While my OCD is pretty much under control…. the germ issue is something I've never quite gotten over. I'm better than I use to be with it…. a few years back I would wash my hands so often that they would bleed, not bad but from being so dry and cracked …. I think the over washing and hand sanitizers made them completely dry out…

I think maybe it is partly inherited…
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                  Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                  Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                  Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Okay, this is going to sound wierd, but here goes;

I don't have a germ phobia, so to say. I have a people phobia. Let me explain.. the other day I had a little bag of peeled carrots on my desk I was munching on. Co-worker "A" saw them and asked for one.. I said sure and shared. No big deal. A few minutes later guy "B" asked and reached in to grab one. I gave him the rest because at that point the thought of guy "B" reaching into my carrots grossed me out, whereas I was fine and okay with guy "A". Maybe it's more a hygiene thing?? Probably... but that's how I am.
                    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post

I don't have a germ phobia, so to say. I have a people phobia. Let me explain.. the other day I had a little bag of peeled carrots on my desk I was munching on. Co-worker "A" saw them and asked for one.. I said sure and shared. No big deal. A few minutes later guy "B" asked and reached in to grab one. I gave him the rest because at that point the thought of guy "B" reaching into my carrots grossed me out, whereas I was fine and okay with guy "A". Maybe it's more a hygiene thing?? Probably... but that's how I am.
                      I don't think that's weird…. I know quite a few folks like that.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                      Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                      Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                      Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post

I would have done the same thing.....yuck. Another thing I cannot stand is when a group of people, specifically co-workers, go out to lunch and someone takes their fork and snags some of my food. My appetite just goes bye-bye after that.

Comment

Originally posted by thundercty View Post
                          I would have done the same thing.....yuck. Another thing I cannot stand is when a group of people, specifically co-workers, go out to lunch and someone takes their fork and snags some of my food. My appetite just goes bye-bye after that.
                          That's like asking for a punch in the face hahah. That's so rude... I can't handle rude people.
                          sigpic
                          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by thundercty View Post
                            Yeah... I'm not cool with that either.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                              That's like asking for a punch in the face hahah. That's so rude... I can't handle rude people.
                              How about people who beat you at Mario Kart on their second attempt...???

Comment

Working...
                              X