No announcement yet.

anyone have a Germ phobia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never really been too worried about germs, but my attitude towards infections sure changed when I came back from a vacation in Mexico and soon after had to go to emergency because of a leg infection I apparently picked up at one of the beaches, when I cut my foot on a sharp object......and didn't realize it until it had been open for a while. It still amazes me how many people like walking barefoot, not to mention those who run barefoot!!

Anyway, as a result I had to go back every day for a week or more, for antibiodics. And the problem did not fully subside for months. Needless to say, since then, any time I cut myself, I respond immediately, and assess the healing process til all's well.

All those years I used to get cuts playing sports, and never really worrying about them. Now I've become a bit of wimp in that regard. Then again, one doctor said that had my condition got worse, he was considering the "infectious disease" department. That woke me up for good on the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      I have never really been too worried about germs, but my attitude towards infections sure changed when I came back from a vacation in Mexico and soon after had to go to emergency because of a leg infection I apparently picked up at one of the beaches, when I cut my foot on a sharp object......and didn't realize it until it had been open for a while. It still amazes me how many people like walking barefoot, not to mention those who run barefoot!!

Anyway, as a result I had to go back every day for a week or more, for antibiodics. And the problem did not fully subside for months. Needless to say, since then, any time I cut myself, I respond immediately, and assess the healing process til all's well.

All those years I used to get cuts playing sports, and never really worrying about them. Now I've become a bit of wimp in that regard. Then again, one doctor said that had my condition got worse, he was considering the "infectious disease" department. That woke me up for good on the topic.
      That's one of those "not true until it happens to you" moments. I get knicked and sliced all the time on bike rides and think nary a thing about it. Maybe I should be more carefull.....
      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Working...
      X