Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever Notice How People Like To Crowd Ya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever Notice How People Like To Crowd Ya?

Considering folks don't like others invading the "bubble" of privacy we like to have......

why then does this happen:

- in a big parking lot with few cars around you, why do some people park within a couple of feet of your car?
    - when in a lineup, why do people have to pack so tightly?
    - when someone could use a little mouthwash, why are they the ones that like to talk to you the closest to your face?
    - (another car related item) when driving on a highway, and no one else within miles, why do people pass you and turn into your lane, almost cutting you off?
    - when in a restaurant that is wide open, why do some people choose to sit right next to you?
    - this is a little off topic.......by why is it that the few times we go to a movie, we get the most talkative dudes right near us....couldn't they just go yack somewhere else? they should try this>

GIVE US SOME SPACE!!!!

I was discussing something similar recently with my extended family when out for dinner.

I blame the internet myself. At least lately. My father (in his 80's) does not get why some people go to great effort to push themselves on everyone else so much more than they used to.

I explained how the internet, with it's anonimity(sp), has given people a sense of extra entitlement. They go online, use some made up name, and go about pushing themselves on everyone else. This happens everywhere online that people discuss stuff.

I see the more rational people backing away from such people. Rather than being scared off, they see a nutcase, and decide to no longer deal with them. But the pushy guy thinks he's won some sort of competition or something. He thinks "I got my way here, I can do it outside, in person".

From sports to politics, it happens everywhere.

As more and more use the internet, and treat each other with a total lack of respect, and get away with it with little or no reprecusion (another spelling error, sue me, lol), they feel they can do it in the outside world.

I don't know about people in other countries, but here in America, it's becoming an almost intolerable situation. People are becoming so much ruder to everyone else. People seem to feel that they have to present a tough guy image in order to gain respect now. That they should impose themselves into other people's space in order to get their view across, or whatever.

I know this couple I just recently decided I no longer wish to have any contact with anymore. It's a long story, but suffice it to say, he and she both behave the way you describe, Can. Not just trying to live they're lives using their twisted logic, but trying to impose it on others using intimidation and insults. After a few years of their crap ( I like to think I am a pretty tolerant guy), I had enough.

I hope they are happier without me in their lives as I am without them.

I get you Can. Although I have never participated in a line-up, haha, I do not go to movies much anymore. I always get some little kid who likes to kick the seat in front of him or her right behind me.

Someday.......... Someday I am going to buy that private island in the South Pacific and just sit back and watch society self-destruct from a safe distance, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn View Post
      I was discussing something similar recently with my extended family when out for dinner.

I blame the internet myself. At least lately. My father (in his 80's) does not get why some people go to great effort to push themselves on everyone else so much more than they used to.

I explained how the internet, with it's anonimity(sp), has given people a sense of extra entitlement. They go online, use some made up name, and go about pushing themselves on everyone else. This happens everywhere online that people discuss stuff.

I see the more rational people backing away from such people. Rather than being scared off, they see a nutcase, and decide to no longer deal with them. But the pushy guy thinks he's won some sort of competition or something. He thinks "I got my way here, I can do it outside, in person".

From sports to politics, it happens everywhere.

As more and more use the internet, and treat each other with a total lack of respect, and get away with it with little or no reprecusion (another spelling error, sue me, lol), they feel they can do it in the outside world.

I don't know about people in other countries, but here in America, it's becoming an almost intolerable situation. People are becoming so much ruder to everyone else. People seem to feel that they have to present a tough guy image in order to gain respect now. That they should impose themselves into other people's space in order to get their view across, or whatever.

I know this couple I just recently decided I no longer wish to have any contact with anymore. It's a long story, but suffice it to say, he and she both behave the way you describe, Can. Not just trying to live they're lives using their twisted logic, but trying to impose it on others using intimidation and insults. After a few years of their crap ( I like to think I am a pretty tolerant guy), I had enough.

I hope they are happier without me in their lives as I am without them.

I get you Can. Although I have never participated in a line-up, haha, I do not go to movies much anymore. I always get some little kid who likes to kick the seat in front of him or her right behind me.

Someday.......... Someday I am going to buy that private island in the South Pacific and just sit back and watch society self-destruct from a safe distance, haha.

very interesting!

:thumb:

(don't mind me if we are on that same Island......I won't bother you!......bit I will have some this if you like)

Comment

I think the one that bothers me the most is when you are in a pretty empty movie theatre and the people coming in decide to sit right behind or infront of you.
        sigpic
        Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          very interesting!

:thumb:

(don't mind me if we are on that same Island......I won't bother you!......bit I will have some this if you like)

I hope you plan on sharing before the Tsunami hits.....

Comment

This one ...

- when in a lineup, why do people have to pack so tightly?

Makes me really mad! I just spent the day at Disney with my two daughters ... in one line for a ride I had this lady who was standind basically on the back of my heels
            I finally had to tell her to please give me some space and when I did she gave me a look like I was the Devil!!
            sigpic

Comment

Very interesting perspective on the internet issue I can see where that would contribute to it

My opinion is it stems from the home
              Many children these days are not taught respect for their elders or parents in their own home

If they have not respect in their own home why would anyone think they would show it anywhere else

We have a saying when we are out to dinner or out with our own kids and while it sounds funny it is true imo 95% of the time --we tell them DON'T ACT LIKE OTHER PEOPLES CHILDREN
              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                Very interesting perspective on the internet issue I can see where that would contribute to it

My opinion is it stems from the home
                Many children these days are not taught respect for their elders or parents in their own home

If they have not respect in their own home why would anyone think they would show it anywhere else

We have a saying when we are out to dinner or out with our own kids and while it sounds funny it is true imo 95% of the time --we tell them DON'T ACT LIKE OTHER PEOPLES CHILDREN
                Although I do not worry that we have gone far too far the other way, I do believe your point about diminishing respect has merit. And by that I don't mean that all those people must be respected, but by and large, most parents and grandparents that I know are trying to do the right thing....

I just think certain generations were allowed to drift a little too much, and in fact, I believe to some extent, you will see future gens who are more respectful than their own parents......just a feeling I have.

BTW.....one more thing that we notice a lot when on vacations. Many times we will be walking, and trying to avoid oncomers, but in the end, they walk right into us. They don't even move........what's with that????

Comment

Although I do not worry that we have gone far too far the other way, I do believe your point about diminishing respect has merit. And by that I don't mean that all those people must be respected, but by and large, most parents and grandparents that I know are trying to do the right thing....

I just think certain generations were allowed to drift a little too much, and in fact, I believe to some extent, you will see future gens who are more respectful than their own parents......just a feeling I have.

BTW.....one more thing that we notice a lot when on vacations. Many times we will be walking, and trying to avoid oncomers, but in the end, they walk right into us. They don't even move........what's with that????
                  I like your observations cp to u. People do amaze me today. I hope your right about the future generations getting better about it.
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Of course there's one notable exception.....

........hawt folks that you wish would get a bit closer..........

....but they don't!!!

Comment

Of course there's one notable exception.....

........hawt folks that you wish would get a bit closer..........

....but they don't!!!
                      tell me about it
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Working...
                      X