Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HurricaneDovs
    replied
    One of the most impactful and solemn moments of my life was when I visited Arlington Cemetary a couple of years back. Walking throughout the grounds and visiting the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier really made me appreciate what these men and women did.

But the biggest thing that impacted me that day was that while we were there, they were holding a ceremony for a soldier (don't know if he/she were recently KIA or if they were retired or what the story was) that was being buried there. Watching the procession and hearing the 21 Gun Salute really hit me.

At that moment I knew that no matter who was in office at the time or what the US' policies were that I would always honor and respect the men and women that give me the right to sit here now and share this story.

God Bless our men and women in the US Armed Forces now and God keep those that have given the ultimate sacrifice.

:usa:

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Thanks to all that defend our beautiful country those that have sacrificed we all appreciate what you have done past and present.

Thank you to all our vets! :usa:

Leave a comment:

• kcvet
    replied
    at Arlington there is now a section reserved for the fallen for the Iraq and afghan wars

its called section 60

god bless them all

section 60

Leave a comment:

• PAINTERDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
    R.I.P. SSG Self, David.... All of the "Sappers" has finally made it back safe.. See you on the other side someday my friend..
    Thanks again, for your service, Captain.

Leave a comment:

• PAINTERDAVE
    replied
    The full version

Il Silenzio

http://youtu.be/H4l3Rgq-L1M

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Originally posted by kcvet View Post
    today i remember and honor my late dad and uncle

CP to you.

Leave a comment:

• kcvet
    replied
    today i remember and honor my late dad and uncle

Leave a comment:

• 100%Broncoholic
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
    R.I.P. SSG Self, David.... All of the "Sappers" has finally made it back safe.. See you on the other side someday my friend..
    I'm sorry for your loss and thank you for your service to our great country!

Leave a comment:

• Captain_23
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 100%Broncoholic
    replied
    I'm excited its just about time to put the American flag up for the summer!

Nothing like the red, white, and blue waving off the front of your porch!

Leave a comment:

• Frenchy180
    replied
    Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post
    Will spend the morning hours working on a few small projects that need to be finished. I'm guessing I will be eating something off the grill at my cousin's house later in the afternoon/evening. Not really sure what he has planned.

As for myself? I'm just gonna go with the flow and see what the day brings. No special plans made other than to take a few moments of the day in memory of our troops.
    Nice! I'm hoping to spend some time out at the pool at my Aunts place... Then afterwards come home and watch either We Were Soldiers, Saving Private Ryan, or Brothers at War...

Leave a comment:

• knoxman36and2
    replied
    Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    What are everyone's plans for tomorrow? (today depending on time zone)
    Will spend the morning hours working on a few small projects that need to be finished. I'm guessing I will be eating something off the grill at my cousin's house later in the afternoon/evening. Not really sure what he has planned.

As for myself? I'm just gonna go with the flow and see what the day brings. No special plans made other than to take a few moments of the day in memory of our troops.

Leave a comment:

• Frenchy180
    replied
    What are everyone's plans for tomorrow? (today depending on time zone)

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    I am on my phone or I would post the youtube of Trace Adkins "Arlington".
    Got you covered my friend.

I love this song. :usa:

As you all know from my sig, I respect and support our military every single day both past and present.

Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 05-29-2011, 07:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X