Casey Anthony Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casey Anthony Case

Whos been watching this case? I think it's a freaking joke.
    Obvious gilt

I watched the opening argument from the defense attorney earlier and it was a joke. He made no sense with what he was saying and is just making it worse for her all complete with blaming every member of her family, the police, the csi, and the police dog lol. I just asked my friend he said while cross examining her dad it got even worse. How did that guy even get his license?
    sigpic
    Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
    You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
    You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
    Have It All - Blu3
    Conceited - Blu3
    Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
    All On You - Blu3

Comment

Watched the state's opening, not the defenses' yet. Some pretty damning (alleged) evidence against her , but I think the State overcharged. LWOP and avoid the circus trial and inevitable retrial. I say LWOP because (at least to any reports yet) nobody saw the actual crime.

Baez is relatively new to lawyering-took him several years to pass the bar exams. I'm not impressed with him either. Chaney Mason, his new second chair, is hugely experienced and smart,he says he offered to help Baez because he didn't think Baez was being treated fairly. That could be lawyer code for Baez is an idiot. Should be an interesting trial-it's on CourtTV if you get that channel.

Comment

Interesting indeed. We get it on Tru T.V. channel, used to be Court T.V.

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
          Interesting indeed. We get it on Tru T.V. channel, used to be Court T.V.
          Oops, that's what I meant.

Comment

Living in the area it's hard not to watch it ...

I was amazed at Anthony's Defense opening statement, seemed to me as if they were grasping for anything to "shock" the juror's.
            Baez only got worse when he started questioning Mr. Anthony

hard not to form an opinion on the case, I believe she is guilty ... one way or another she had a hand in or knows who killed her kid and yet she did nothing about it, and for that I believe she deserves to be punished.
            The whole family needs to be punished in my opinion, they are the epitome of "dysfunctional"
            sigpic

Comment

is anyone else still paying attention?

I thought the defense took a hard hit today, Baez looked childish and immature with his approach and the Tow Yard manager went absolutely uncontested by the Defense.
              sigpic

Comment

Bump
                Bump
                Bump

Comment

The Defense hasn't had one good argument or question yet...why are they still stick on the duct tape issue? Its dumb if it was in that house ANYONE COULD USE IT not just the father! Lol. He keeps accusing the father of this and that then going back on what he's saying.
                  sigpic
                  Sig pic by dbfan2007

You damn right!

Have It All - Blu3
                  Conceited - Blu3
                  All On You - Blu3

Comment

I watched a little bit of the trial for the first time yesterday ... imo no doubt she did it so she could go get her party...I don't think killing her was her intent but sadly that's what happened..

As the defense team two areas I can understand the speculation...The Grandma waiting 31 days to notify the police..Understandably that don't say much for Casey either..Also the father recovery the car ... If Casey would have reported her missing weeks before I could see the angle the defense seemingly is trying...Which in all honesty cant really say what that is ... Other then maybe getting her a sentence other then life or mistrial because why do I see her not being convicted
                    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

I hate American court system. ITs all about what angle you look at a lie to Try to not go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
                        I hate American court system. ITs all about what angle you look at a lie to Try to not go to jail.
                        Something else about it that I think is messed up and granted I think she has been in jail for the majority of the time is that this happened in '08..Now I guess understand what would be due process and the burden to the court system but c'mon man ...
                        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by Jermz79 View Post
                          The whole family needs to be punished in my opinion, they are the epitome of "dysfunctional"
                          The "dysfunctional" seems to extend to Casey's lead attorney also.

After Baez graduated from law school he was denied (by the Florida bar) a license for 8 years for " "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law."

Licensed in 2005, Baez had to retract a claim on his Web site that he won 32 out of 34 jury trials after starting work in 1995 with the Miami-Dade Public Defender's Office. Acting on a complaint, a Florida Bar grievance committee ruled that Baez should have mentioned he was an intern, not a lawyer, when the cases were tried. He had 3 years experience when Casey selected him for her murder case in 2008. She got his name from the jail's bulletin board. In Feb 2011, Baez was again before the grievance board for "ethics or misrepresenting". That complaint was judged to be unfounded. Judge Strickland (the judge before Perry) also filed to have Baez removed.

Casey got ~200K from ABC. All spent before trial, Baez seemed surprised that he would have to account for the money. A judge asked Casey Anthony's defense team to explain how attorneys have spent nearly $300,000 before ruling whether Anthony can be declared indigent.

I believe Baez is incompetent to be a lead attorney in a capital murder case. If a verdict is reached in this trial it can be overturned for whatever mistakes Baez et al make and/or Casey can just claim ineffectiveness of council and get a new trial. My bet is he will do something to cause a mistrial if things are not going well or have Casey fire him. Colossal waste of taxpayers dollars.

Comment

Watching him it is so obvious how little experience he has. Honestly I think I would do a better job than he does. He is making arguments that make absolutely no sense and at one point it seemed like the judge was objecting to what he was saying for relevance. I hope he looses his license so no one ever had to deal with him again.
                            sigpic
                            Sig pic by dbfan2007

You damn right!

Have It All - Blu3
                            Conceited - Blu3
                            All On You - Blu3

Comment

Originally posted by Foez View Post
                              Watching him it is so obvious how little experience he has. Honestly I think I would do a better job than he does. He is making arguments that make absolutely no sense and at one point it seemed like the judge was objecting to what he was saying for relevance. I hope he looses his license so no one ever had to deal with him again.
                              There's more about his financial mess-ups that I didn't add, he'll probably refuse to pay back child support again (the same week he bought a $670,000 house), or write more bad checks.

He's arrogant and he's an idiot, probably a smart idiot. I hope he gets thrown in jail if he messes up the trial. Disbarred (again) would be ok too.

Comment

Working...
                              X