• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    You mean this?

I believe you nailed it jet!

Such a sad story.........but think of the good side.......some of the best sprinters probably come from there too

Side note.......I can hear the bass from U2 thru my window......and they are playing miles away!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jetrazor74
    replied
    It's a shame to have a statue of a mosquito... I'd rather have this:

Tribute to Chris LeDoux that was erected in his home town of Kaycee, WY last summer.

Leave a comment:

• jetrazor74
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Winnipeg is known for its mosquito population each summer. Even worse, there is a town called Komarno, about an hour north of us that is known for the wrong reason.......

The world’s largest statue of a mosquito is a roadside attraction in Komarno, Manitoba, the Mosquito Capital of Canada. (“Komarno” is Ukrainian for “mosquito.” What’s up with that?) Sculpted in 1984, it is made of steel and has a wingspan of 15 feet. It’s also a weathervane, swiveling in the wind.

I thought it was the capital of the world, but they aren't quite there yet!!!! I guess they have some work to do.....
    You mean this?

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Winnipeg is known for its mosquito population each summer. Even worse, there is a town called Komarno, about an hour north of us that is known for the wrong reason.......

The world’s largest statue of a mosquito is a roadside attraction in Komarno, Manitoba, the Mosquito Capital of Canada. (“Komarno” is Ukrainian for “mosquito.” What’s up with that?) Sculpted in 1984, it is made of steel and has a wingspan of 15 feet. It’s also a weathervane, swiveling in the wind.

I thought it was the capital of the world, but they aren't quite there yet!!!! I guess they have some work to do.....

Leave a comment:

• jetrazor74
    replied
    Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Yep just swated the first mosquito of the summer, the first of millions I presume. I can't stand the constant scratching from the bites. I hate nothing more than the persistent buzzing around me as I sleep. Damn you Mosquitos, I hate you and everyone of your kind may you all get swated into oblivion.
    I have a used propane mosquito trap that I'll sell you for $100. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I am a good friend of our city's Entomologist. He does great work, but in the end, it comes down to the weather. If it's dry, he's a hero. If it's wet................he has few friends.

Based on the weather that's happening in North America.........he and others in his profession will be friendless!!!!

I hope the mosquitos are leaving U2 alone 2night, as they play here in our fair city........actually it's probably too cool........as are they!

(dang....couldn't get good tickets)

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    You thin kyou have it bad in the USA? Look what we have up north!!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    I was shooing away those pesky jerks already last week. I thought.. already? This many?

And with as wet as it has been this past couple of weeks, I know we are in for an infestation this summer.

Leave a comment:

• xX-Bronco-Xx
    replied
    Is it just me or do the mosquitos look freakishly bigger than before? I swear there was one chilling on my door that was as long as my finger.

Needless to say I declared, "No one touches my eggos" before I proceeded to swat its ass to mosquito hell.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Worst part of summer.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    started a topic And so it begins!!!!!!!!

And so it begins!!!!!!!!

Yep just swated the first mosquito of the summer, the first of millions I presume. I can't stand the constant scratching from the bites. I hate nothing more than the persistent buzzing around me as I sleep. Damn you Mosquitos, I hate you and everyone of your kind may you all get swated into oblivion.
    Last edited by the0rangecrush; 05-29-2011, 07:09 PM.
Working...
X