Those 14 Day Forecasts.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those 14 Day Forecasts.....

Do you have the same problem.....many times when the weather channel shows longer term weather forecasts, the sky is often predicted to be very sunny. Then a day goes by, and suddenly another system has slipped in, with another inch of rain.

Maybe the weather dudes are nice guys, trying to make us feel good (in the long term)....even if they aren't the best at what they do......

Maybe some of them are optimistic types. But as a frequent visitor to this board, the question is begged......."are they 'realists'?????"

I can do a 90 day forecast

in Georgia.

Hot, really hot, and freaking hot!!!!
    My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

I don't know how anyone can predict the weather for the next 14 days. Maybe in some parts of the world it may work... Especially in the very sunny hot states. But, for instance where I live, not even CNN's 10 day forecast is accurate. Often weather changes from day to day... Sometimes from hour to hour.
      sigpic

Comment

Here in Tennessee we used to have a local weather lady named Margie Ison (or something similar on the last name). Her forecasts were usually so far off base that we always used the reverse of whatever she reported, to plan our days.

I will never forget what's known locally as the "Blizzard of 93". The news reported snow flurries with no accumulations and we actually wound up with over a foot of snowfall (yes, I know that's nothing to what you northerners see, but here in the "sunny south" it was insane).

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Falcon View Post
          I don't know how anyone can predict the weather for the next 14 days. Maybe in some parts of the world it may work... Especially in the very sunny hot states. But, for instance where I live, not even CNN's 10 day forecast is accurate. Often weather changes from day to day... Sometimes from hour to hour.
          Same thing here. They can barely predict what is happening today let alone next week. I get so excited sometimes when they say we'll be getting warm and hitting the 80's or 90's without wind only to be let down time and time again. It's aggravating and depressing. So I've learned to pretty much ignore them and just look for myself.

They can't predict the weather here. Only narrate it.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

They do a hell of a job of it here in Austin. Pretty much always right.

Comment

Working...
            X