No announcement yet.

Windows 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bumping this thread because i read this rumor on Cnet. Windows 8 is supposedly going to be able to play XBox 360 games.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...=2547-1_3-0-20
    I really like Cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by darth-hideous View Post
      Bumping this thread because i read this rumor on Cnet. Windows 8 is supposedly going to be able to play XBox 360 games.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...=2547-1_3-0-20
      I read that but heard it was a bad rumor from several other sites.

Comment

im pretty pumped for lion on my mac tbh
        sigpic
        -------

Comment

I have both a new pc and laptop on the way both equipped with Windows 8.1. I have heard nothing but negative responses about it but all new puters are supplied with this version.

I already have a WIndows 7 ready if I get too annoyed right away. Thoughts and comments?

Is is mainly for touchscreens?
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Windows 7 is more traditional and familiar. Most PC's come with Windows 8 preloaded and an option to convert to Windows 7. Most engage the option to 7 unless they do not want to be bothered or are intimidated by doing so. Most of those wish they had at some point or end up doing so.

It is very busy to look at and a lot to absorb. There is a lot of stuff going on as many of the windows are active and many find it confusing because it is unfamiliar. I am sure there are some that like it and adjusted to it, but you do not find many posts or articles with concerns about Windows 7-- yet there are many, many posts and articles about skepticism with Windows 8 than you can shake a stick at, like this one-- and for good reason.
            sigpic

Comment

That is pretty much what I have been hearing. I'm still recovering from the XP ending.

I sure hope these new computers I'm getting have the option to switch to 7 if I want.

sigpic

Comment

I HATE WINDOWS 8!

Might be ok for tablets, but for us PC users, IT SUCKS!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                  I HATE WINDOWS 8!

Might be ok for tablets, but for us PC users, IT SUCKS!!!!!!
                  That's why if Windows 7 is not an option with the new purchase, I already have one disc purchased. Probably more destined for the new tower since I believe the new laptop will have a touch screen.

sigpic

Comment

Windows 8 can be ran the same way as Windows 7. I actually use the stupid live tiles now just because it's easier to search for programs and applications with.
                    sigpic
                    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

My new laptop and tower both have windows 8.1.

I am loving this!!! Laptop/tablet with touchscreen and even this new tower is easy to manage with this program. I'm not hating it at all!!!

So now I have a Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 program that have never been used. Any buyers?

sigpic

Comment

Windows 7 Ultimate until January 2020. By then, Windows 8 will be dead and buried like Vista and hopefully they'll have learned from their "lets turn PCs into tablets" adventure. Idiots.
                        Adopted Poster
                        AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Working...
                        X