The Official Phone Upgrade Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Phone Upgrade Thread

No thread is official until it has official in front of it.

Anyway, I'm eligible for a phone upgrade w Verizon. I'm in a 3G network, but it is being upgraded to 4G soon. Currently have a Blackberry which now sucks. Constantly shutting down, and not working.

I don't want to spend over $200. I know I-Phones are 199.

Any suggestions? I primarily use my phone for work e-mail, one private e-mail, talking, texting, and web browsing. I'd also like a phone that I could use its wireless capabilities for the laptop, since I have unlimited data on phone.

Suggestions please from those of you w the 4-1-1.

Thanks
    Dave
    sigpic
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

I justed upgraded my Eris to the Thunderbolt yesterday. So far... LOVE it!!! Super fast. And 4g hits our area on the 16th. :thumb:
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      I justed upgraded my Eris to the Thunderbolt yesterday. So far... LOVE it!!! Super fast. And 4g hits our area on the 16th. :thumb:
      Eb, cost and if so is it worth it? PM if you don't want to disclose here.
      sigpic
      The Bronco fan pledge;
      I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
      Bronco's Country.

Comment

Yeah... to renew it's $249, but I was offered the extra $50 off promotion. If you can get the iPhone for $199, then I assume you'd get the Thunderbolt for $199 as well. So far? Yes, worth it!! Super fast! But then, I came out of an Eris and Verizon's official stance on that phone is- "We know it's a piece of crap, that's why we stopped selling it."

Comment

I also looked in the Samsung Charge and from what I could tell it was $50 more but not worth the difference in $$.

Comment

My old phone broke last week. So I had to upgrade early- cost me an extra 20 bucks so no biggie.

I got a droid x2. I LOVE IT!!

Now, I have not had a smart phone before. My old phone could get emails and sort of search the web but that was about it.

This new one is so sexy and fast. Way fast. I use it for work now. Like you did with your old one, I can scan things, fax, email, attachements, word and pdfs, update my website. I can download any music I want for free! and It has built in GPS and direction finder as well as finder for anything I want. I just hit the button and say find me chicken wings and it will pull up all the places that sell them within 100 miles. Then give me audio directions to them. Hands free audio texting and calling and stuff too.

It does other cool stuff too, most of which (possibly even the above) come standard on smart phones, but this is my first so its a whole new world to me.

oh total cost for me was $230 w tax, car charger, and sturdy case (thats how the old one died- 4year old used it as a frisbee)
            Last edited by underrated29; 06-06-2011, 04:08 PM.
            So far:
            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Wow thanks guys! I'm just not happy w the blackberry now at all. It shuts down randomly, takes forever to re-load, then the reboot kills the battery.
              sigpic
              The Bronco fan pledge;
              Bronco's Country.

Comment

Go to the store and check it out. You'll be impressed. With what you said you're using it for, you'll be more then fine. It's probably too much phone to be honest.

Comment

The new samsung galaxy S II is insane... The best phone out right now... although no US network has picked it up yet (will be ATT probably around november).

Thats what I'm waiting for...

but for now, the samsung infuse is probably the best

(as far as androids go)

Comment

Working...
                  X