A mass misunderstanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A mass misunderstanding

I have come to notice, that there is a mass misunderstanding of the NASA program.

Allot of people, and by allot of mean a very large number of people, believe that NASA is coming to a end either this year.

NASA is not coming to a end, any time soon. What is coming to a end, well in fact will end in 10 days is the shuttle program.

Space shuttle Atlantis will be making it's final launch and the shuttle programs final launch in T-10 days. Both Discovery(my fav) and Endeavor have both already made there final launches.

I don't know where the idea of NASA ending came from, but it is far from ending.
    It does however mean NASA is now even more limited than it was before.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Really?

People think NASA is gonna close up shop?

I foresee this becoming a political discussion, since that's the the most likely way such a rumor could have been started.

"Barry's killing NASA!"

sorry.......

Comment

It is true, and it's not just some people, there is allot of people. Most or going off of what they heard, not knowing the facts.

I think this discussion is gonna be split between both political and astronamical.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Well, IMO the money could be used for way better purposes.
        HE>i

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
          Well, IMO the money could be used for way better purposes.
          Many assume NASA is well funded, but the truth is, NASA receives less than one half of one cent of a taxpayer dollar. What do you get for that half cent? Extensive educational outreach programs with K-12 schools and universities. Continuous state-of-the-art research from nanotechnology to space to atmospheric modeling.

NASA is worth every little bit of that money, I assure you.
          Mr. Fargo said it best, don't need to say more.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I think the media overplayed it or downplayed its future existence, and people assumed what people will assume.

"NASA will be making its last shuttle launches..."

"NASA's shutting down!"

See?

Easy.

To so many people, NASA = shuttle launches.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
              I think the media overplayed it or downplayed its future existence, and people assumed what people will assume.

"NASA will be making its last shuttle launches..."

"NASA's shutting down!"

See?

Easy.

To so many people, NASA = shuttle launches.
              I agree, that could be one of maybe even the lead reason people think it's NASA that's ending.

The media is the same group of people, that have people believing NASA is this money grabbing tax payer program, when it's the least founded program in our country.

Me and Fargo has a small conversation about it in another thread.

But like you said people will assume.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                Mr. Fargo said it best, don't need to say more.
                I'm not saying anything againts K-12 programs. What gets me is a 100 million dollar rocket launch, to just explode it. A million dollar toilet?. I know that they need special toilets, but really, 100 million seems very much out of this world.
                HE>i

Comment

I'm not saying anything againts K-12 programs. What gets me is a 100 million dollar rocket launch, to just explode it. A million dollar toilet?. I know that they need special toilets, but really, 100 million seems very much out of this world.
                  That may sound like a lot, but compared to what is spent on a daily bases. That's just pocket change.

You know the media story, the media never told why and what NASA was doing when they crashed a rocket into the moon on purpose.

For example, the media didn't say it was the 3rd time someone has done it, the ESA and Japanese both crashed probes into the moon.

The main point of it was part of the on going search for water in space. NASA figured the moon might have water, and the only way for them to tell was too crash a probe from the LCROSS orbiter into it. Another part of it was part of the moon base plan.

If there is water on the moon, then that would make it a little easier for moon base.

It's all for the advancement of our species.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

People don't know that NASA does a LOT more than Space Exploration. I work for the FAA and we had a contract to do some of their weather exploration Acft. Mods.

Just like a lot of people think all the FAA does is Air Traffic Control. Theres a ton more behind the scenes that the public never get to see.
                    sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

I have come to notice, that there is a mass misunderstanding of the NASA program.

Allot of people, and by allot of mean a very large number of people, believe that NASA is coming to a end either this year.

NASA is not coming to a end, any time soon. What is coming to a end, well in fact will end in 10 days is the shuttle program.

Space shuttle Atlantis will be making it's final launch and the shuttle programs final launch in T-10 days. Both Discovery(my fav) and Endeavor have both already made there final launches.

I don't know where the idea of NASA ending came from, but it is far from ending.
                      It does however mean NASA is now even more limited than it was before.
                      A lot of people don't know that a lot is two words and does not contain two L's
                      I really like Cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by darth-hideous View Post
                        A lot of people don't know that a lot is two words and does not contain two L's
                        A lot and Allot are both words and can be used so to describe things.

Just like how there is offence and offense, both can mean the same thing. People have a different way of speech, mainly based on where there from.

A lot is just a informal phrase, allot describes between or among something that is many.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

You mean when we smashed probe into the moon? That was certainly not just for the sake of 'exploding it'.

Comment

That may sound like a lot, but compared to what is spent on a daily bases. That's just pocket change.

You know the media story, the media never told why and what NASA was doing when they crashed a rocket into the moon on purpose.

For example, the media didn't say it was the 3rd time someone has done it, the ESA and Japanese both crashed probes into the moon.

The main point of it was part of the on going search for water in space. NASA figured the moon might have water, and the only way for them to tell was too crash a probe from the LCROSS orbiter into it. Another part of it was part of the moon base plan.

If there is water on the moon, then that would make it a little easier for moon base.

It's all for the advancement of our species.
                            Yes, i understand that it was a search if there was water, but Earth sure has alot of it. Although the search in advancement of our species, right now as we speak, the displacement of humanity are either dying or suffering badly, all the while resources are being used for the people, instead of by the people.

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                            You mean when we smashed probe into the moon? That was certainly not just for the sake of 'exploding it'.
                            I'm pretty sure that if we blew up the moon, life will cease to exist.
                            HE>i

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                              You didn't know?

NASA is just the world's biggest maker of fireworks!

Happy 4th!

Comment

Working...
                              X