A mass misunderstanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
    Yes, i understand that it was a search if there was water, but Earth sure has alot of it. Although the search in advancement of our species, right now as we speak, the displacement of humanity are either dying or suffering badly, all the while resources are being used for the people, instead of by the people.

I'm pretty sure that if we blew up the moon, life will cease to exist.
    There was.is no plan to blow up the moon. The whole thing was not really even a explosion in the sense of blowing something.

The LCROSS orbiter launched a probed that crash into a crater on the moon, in which affected the moon in no way.

There is plenty of water here, but hauling it in space is the problem, and another reason why NASA went through with it.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
      Yes, i understand that it was a search if there was water, but Earth sure has alot of it. Although the search in advancement of our species, right now as we speak, the displacement of humanity are either dying or suffering badly, all the while resources are being used for the people, instead of by the people.

I'm pretty sure that if we blew up the moon, life will cease to exist.
      Yeah the Earth has plenty of water, but if you're trying to live in space for any reasonable amount of time you need a lot of water, and it sure would be pretty handy if there was some we could just suck out of the moon rather than shooting it out of our atmosphere and into space. Finding water on the moon would also be a pretty integral step in determining the presence of any life forms in this galaxy outside of what is on this earth.

I'm pretty sure there was never any intent of blowing up the moon

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        A lot and Allot are both words and can be used so to describe things.

Just like how there is offence and offense, both can mean the same thing. People have a different way of speech, mainly based on where there from.

A lot is just a informal phrase, allot describes between or among something that is many.
        um...........

i'll just leave this right here.

and this
        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
          um...........

and this
          Nice to know.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Blowing up the moon? Uhh that would cause a HUGE gravitational shift with the Earth. Life could exist, but the way you live now would drastically change without the moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
              Blowing up the moon? Uhh that would cause a HUGE gravitational shift with the Earth. Life could exist, but the way you live now would drastically change without the moon.
              Who knows, if we still on this planet in millions of years, that can be answered.

Seeing how in millions of years, according to scientist the moon is moving away from the Earth and will be completely away in millions of years.

Some life forms can't live without the tidal effect the moon gives, so some specie will die out.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

The moon is moving away about an 1/2 in per year, multiply that by a million years, and yeah, it should be long gone. Humans could exist on Earth, but there would be major changes. Antarctica would be a desert for one, well technically it's a desert now, but it would be hot a desert. Japan would be completely under water, I think the Americas would be frozen wastelands. I remember watching a show about this on Science channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                  The moon is moving away about an 1/2 in per year, multiply that by a million years, and yeah, it should be long gone. Humans could exist on Earth, but there would be major changes. Antarctica would be a desert for one, well technically it's a desert now, but it would be hot a desert. Japan would be completely under water, I think the Americas would be frozen wastelands. I remember watching a show about this on Science channel.
                  I know humans can live on earth then, I was not saying they can't. When I said if humans are on the planet then, I mean that we either kill each other off the planet, move, get blasted by asteroid(2036, Apophis is suppose to get close to a point where it can hit earth.), we could run out of material by the time the moon leaves. You know the usual.

I've seen that show.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                    um...........

and this
                    I stand corrected, sort of; or perhaps a lot, glad you could allot us your time to clear up this matter
                    I really like Cheese.

Comment

Working...
                    X