Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Man or Old Man Thing

Weird or just old?

I recently started feeling different about things I use to enjoy like others.

Like: I was in my Broncos Man Cave about two years ago when I looked up and had a thought....

Why am I idolizing or showing praise to other grown men I don't even no when I have two great son's that have done great things and Some just for me. At that moment I dismantled my room and no longer have a Broncos / Mavericks Cave

Second Part, I stopped wearing jerseys of players about 3 years ago; again I just feel weird wearing another mans name on my back when I myself feel like I have accomplished so much with the kids I have taught this game we all love. I will however do it if I am going to the game

Last. My Mavericks just won the NBA Title and my Wife just brought me home a bunch of new stuff; one being a really nice MVP Dirk shirt but I feel again weird about wearing another mans picture on my shirt....

IS THIS WEiRD OR JUST OLD AGE....38
    We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

IDk man maybe it's just you being you, as you grow. Maybe you started feeling with your kids you have more important, un-selfish things to do. If so, I think that's a form of "growing up or getting older".

I wouldn't worry about justifying it and just go with what you feel. You don't need all those things to be a Broncos fan, it should be with-in you.

Good luck in all you do.
    Are you the one that wanted to start wearing your kids jersey's, instead of a person's jersey you have never meant? If so, I think that just makes you an elite dad, not any less of a Broncos fan!

Then again, what I think shouldn't matter!
    Last edited by marcus_miller; 07-03-2011, 03:41 PM.
    I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Same with my dad who's a Giants fan(used to be a huge fan). When they won the SB a few years ago I was more excited than him when they beat the Pats. I think as you get older you don't care as much about things that don't affect you and your family, like the NFL.

Comment

I wouldn't consider it either one, I think you're just realizing that your priorities have changed.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Guys....All of it Totally makes sense

I cried & tore my TV up after the Redskins came back in the 2nd QT and beat us in the Superbowl....

I had a Elway moment when we finally beat the Packers and was told months later the calm down it was over, after waiting since I was 10 on John to shut the critics up....it was wonderful

sigpic

Comment

get a personalized jersey. that way you can still show team pride without the weirdness of having another grown man's name on your back.

Comment

Originally posted by theflammer View Post
              Weird or just old?

I recently started feeling different about things I use to enjoy like others.

Like: I was in my Broncos Man Cave about two years ago when I looked up and had a thought....

Why am I idolizing or showing praise to other grown men I don't even no when I have two great son's that have done great things and Some just for me. At that moment I dismantled my room and no longer have a Broncos / Mavericks Cave

Second Part, I stopped wearing jerseys of players about 3 years ago; again I just feel weird wearing another mans name on my back when I myself feel like I have accomplished so much with the kids I have taught this game we all love. I will however do it if I am going to the game

Last. My Mavericks just won the NBA Title and my Wife just brought me home a bunch of new stuff; one being a really nice MVP Dirk shirt but I feel again weird about wearing another mans picture on my shirt....

IS THIS WEiRD OR JUST OLD AGE....38

You can take this with a grain of salt, however your asking for opinions so I am going to give you mine. Keep in mind I am only 24 with no kids. That being said I don't think its weird at all for a man of any age to wear a jersey with another mans name on it. Your not proclaiming your love for him as an individual in his everyday life, you are simply stating that you are a fan of what he can do on a football field and for your beloved team. And wearing another man's jersey doesn't diminish your own accomplishments as a man in anyway. Also I have never heard of any other man thinking this was weird.

The Mavs shirt is a different story IMO but only because I am not a fan of commemorative clothing to actually wear. As decoration sure but not as clothes. Again that is simply a "me" thing lol I know a lot of other people who feel differently.
              sigpic

Comment

Neither I think it might have to do with growing up or getting older. Like post before me maybe personalized jersey would fit you best that way you choice number and name on jersey you want.
                Last edited by Chillez; 07-03-2011, 04:48 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

IMO you're over-complicating things, too many ppl do that nowadays.

I support the Broncos so I wear the shirts when I want too, there's no 'hidden meaning'.

Also, I don't see why your family and sports are almost 'competing' with each other.

Of course family is important but I have other interests as well, I don't think it would be very healthy not to lol

I follow the Broncos, the England and Hampshire cricket team and sort of the england football team (although my football (soccer) interest is not what it was) and love to see them do well.

Hampshire are doing pretty well with Afridi in T20 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4u0H...eature=related

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/default.stm

Comment

I love the Broncos and I love my family. I have no trouble differentiating between the two.

But, then again, I come from a very long line of Broncos fans. It's a religion to us. To some, that may be silly, but to me I think its silly not to be madly in love with my favorite team.
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

NFL is a brand. Broncos is a brand. Mavs is a brand. Having a Broncos room is akin to having a room full of Nike swooshes. That said, unless you're throwing away your other branded stuff, there shouldn't be any reason to get rid of Broncos gear.

As for idolizing players, I think you have to put it in perspective. Admire a player's ability to play the sport. But stop short of building a shrine to them and naming your kids after them.
                      Last edited by Lomax; 07-04-2011, 11:13 AM.
                      "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                        I love the Broncos and I love my family. I have no trouble differentiating between the two.

But, then again, I come from a very long line of Broncos fans. It's a religion to us. To some, that may be silly, but to me I think its silly not to be madly in love with my favorite team.
                        Well said

Comment

I think as you grow older, you start seeing things from a different prospective.

My priorities are God, family, and me. This has not always been the case.

"Me" includes everything that makes up my being. From my hobbies and interests to my work and friends.

I only pay homage to God. If I were to build a shrine, it would only be for him.

I do wear an orange, white, or blue jersey on game days to support the team. I don't feel weird about it because I believe it's important to positively support what's important to me. I have my favorite players and I am not embarrassed to wear their names on my back. Most of my favorite players are from years past, but I still wear their jerseys because Broncos is on the front of them.

I have loved being a Broncos fan for as long as I can remember. I hope to pass this tradition down to my children.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
                            get a personalized jersey. that way you can still show team pride without the weirdness of having another grown man's name on your back.

i don't think having a jersey that says "Flammer" on the back is going to make it any less weird
                            I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                            I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                            I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                            "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                            God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                            Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
                              i don't think having a jersey that says "Flammer" on the back is going to make it any less weird
                              That's funny; I doubt that would happen

The post wasn't just about me; I was just wondering if anyone else had came across this issue.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X